[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Without saying MLP can someone explain why people class Keldeo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 41
File: Keldeo.png (51 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Keldeo.png
51 KB, 250x250
Without saying MLP can someone explain why people class Keldeo as one of the worst pokémon designs?

Its not stellar, but there are so many worse than it.
>>
>>25615152
Design wise it feels very cartoony, which is a sharp contrast to the likes of Rapidash and Zebstrika, which makes it just feel silly despite its intent as a serious member of the Musketeer quartet. Said Musketeers also look significantly less bubbly as Keldeo, and while this is supposed to reflect his relative youth compared to them, it still comes across as arbitrary and undesireable.
>>
The dorky snout really doesn't fit with the rest of the design, and the eyes are too animu. That's about it.
>>
It has a visible anus
>>
>>25615210
>The dorky snout really doesn't fit with the rest of the design
This. I don't mind the eyes, but the snout looks so piggish or donkeyish it just seems out of place and exaggerated.
>>
>>25615210
I don't like the frills. I don't know what they are intended to represent thematically.

Also, the normal form Keldeo doesn't have much of a theme in general. If someone was to present it to me sans context, wouldn't really be able to guess anything about it other than it being a horse. It doesn't communicate well.
>>
>>25615210

How are its eyes any more animu than the other musketeers?
>>
File: awful movie.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
awful movie.gif
1 MB, 500x281
Maybe it's just me but shooting water out of horse feet doesn't seem cool or possible. The fact that it's horn is the same color as its flesh makes it weird. It looks like it has an anus. It also doesn't look like a water type, but the other swords of justice have this problem as well. Awful movie, full metal alchemist was the only redeeming part since he could probably shoot water from his feet if he was a justice horse.
>>
>>25615260
I am pretty sure people who hate Keldeo also hate those fucks.

Like, I'm not a genwunner, I love lots of newer legendaries, but those guys are so bleh.
>>
>>25615152

>That nose.
>That hair.
>Those eyebrows.
>Those stupid fucking water hose feet.
>>
>>25615152

>Its not stellar, but there are so many worse than it.

Name two. I'll even give you a freebie: Goodra.
>>
>>25615152

I know its based on D'Artigan, who had a childlike appearance, but Keldeo is just too plastic and toy looking.
>>
File: keldeo-resolute.jpg (39 KB, 254x320) Image search: [Google]
keldeo-resolute.jpg
39 KB, 254x320
>>25615152
Dinky horn and the blue ridges. Especially the blue ridges. Resolute form fixes both and is good. Ordinary form looks like an impotent unicorn with eyebrow problems. I hate it so much.
>>
>>25615152
It's got weird hair, a weird tale, a stupid horn, a retarded snout, it's such a terrible contrast to Ponyta or other similar Pokemon that it's crazy.

I'd be hard-pressed to find a design honestly worse than Keldeo, even the Djinn Trio and Jynx. Even if MLP didn't exist, this thing looks so out of place for Pokemon that it's crazy, and this is coming from a guy that hates when people say certain Pokemon look like Digimon.

It's just an awful design aesthetically, even in comparison to the other Musketeer Beasts, it's just straight up awful.
>>
>>25615152
To me it's the head. too much shit going on.
>center horn
>gigantic blue eyebrows
>eyebrows cut eyes in half
>massive red hair that should've been toned down several notches.
>giant pig snout
>>
>>25615152
Limbs lack definition, that fucking snout, those dumbass hair, the horn having the same color of the body, the horn being too weak-looking, awful color scheme, ponies are stupid. Resolute form is a little better but still bad.
>>
>>25615297
I'm not a big Keldeo fan at all, but I love Virizion's design, like Cobalion, and appreciate Terrakion.
>>
>>25615312
>Klink
>Klang
>Klingklang
>Aromatisse
>Klefki
>Vanilluxe
And then some.
>>
File: gamefreak design progression2.png (187 KB, 1019x632) Image search: [Google]
gamefreak design progression2.png
187 KB, 1019x632
>>25615152
>>
>>25615414

I'll give you Aromatisse, but the rest are fine. And even then, I'd say Aromatisse is about as bad as Keldeo for different reasons, not worse.
>>
File: Tao.Trio.full.1446367.jpg (586 KB, 1405x1184) Image search: [Google]
Tao.Trio.full.1446367.jpg
586 KB, 1405x1184
>>25615297
Gen 5 had the worst legendaries. All of them except base form Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem are just terrible.
>>
>>25615414
Conceptual Pokemon with a theme, but admittedly obvious designs.

I didn't even realize Keldeo was a water Pokemon until this thread, that's how little his design conveys.
>>
>>25615443
I don't get these Pokemon. I've admittedly not played the game, but these also don't really convey much about what they are supposed to be.
>>
>>25615470

They're supposed to be three parts of what was once a complete dragon.
>>
>>25615312
Klink. Trubbish and Garbedoir. Electravire. Dunsparce. Voltorb and Electrode. Shellgon. Nosepass and Probopass. Gigalith. Woobat and Swoobat. Foongus and Amoongus (because fuck having pokeball designs on actual pokemon) Slurpuff

To name but a few that look worse than Keldeo

I really don't think Keldeo looks particularly good at all, I just don't get why it gets singled out when there are plenty of other objectively shittermons
>>
>>25615513

>Klink. Trubbish and Garbedoir. Electravire. Dunsparce. Voltorb and Electrode. Shellgon. Nosepass and Probopass. Gigalith. Woobat and Swoobat. Foongus and Amoongus (because fuck having pokeball designs on actual pokemon) Slurpuff

All better than Keldeo, and some of them are even great.
>>
Are those blue things supposed to be eyebrows?
>>
>>25615231
I thought /vp/ would consider this a pro.
>>
>>25615152
The muzzle is too round, the mane is too big, those blue eyebrow things look stupid, the blue on its neck doesn't need to extend to its head
>>
>>25615541
The only ones out of those that on reflection I would even consider saying aren't bad designs are Voltorb and Electrode.

The rest are shit
>>
>>25615470
I agree, they are basically nothing Pokemon that don't represent anything and don't have interesting stories around them. They have lore >>25615498, but it's never sufficiently explained enough to make them interesting. Price of having no Gray Version.

However, among the clone genies, cartoon horses, neopet eventmons and le robot bug, they rise to mediocrity.
>>
The MLP thing is weird because we had datamined Keldeo before the latest and most popular iteration of MLP had even premiered and became big, and it had been like 25 years since the original series ended and been forgotten about.
>>
>>25615569
your opinions are shit

>>25615573
Theres absolutely nothing wrong with Genesect, except how bad Techno Blast is
>>
File: Shitty Opinion.png (37 KB, 631x635) Image search: [Google]
Shitty Opinion.png
37 KB, 631x635
>>25615569

You should reevaluate your taste then.
>>
>>25615152
I think it looks pretty nice. Even the other forme with the big, strangely shaped horn looks okay, and I like its different-colored eye-brow hair things. Unfortunately I too have seen the godawful Keldeo film, but I do my best to suppress that memory.
>>
File: 1430788897366.jpg (18 KB, 347x234) Image search: [Google]
1430788897366.jpg
18 KB, 347x234
>>25615603
>Asks for my opinion, gets mad I share my opinion
>Doesn't even explain why my opinion is shit
>>
File: Abomination.png (83 KB, 285x327) Image search: [Google]
Abomination.png
83 KB, 285x327
FIXING THIS HORSE WITH NO SURVIVORS. 5 YEARS IN MS PAINT.
>>
File: BW4oiqiCMAArqIV.jpg (32 KB, 599x713) Image search: [Google]
BW4oiqiCMAArqIV.jpg
32 KB, 599x713
>>25615623

>strangely shaped
>>
>>25615152
The snout and the colors.

Also the big tuft of hair is so off putting it actually takes away from the fact it's actually a horse. And yet despite its ugliness it's extremely uninteresting; so uninsteresting that it's one of the few designs I look at and think "dude, THAT'S a pokemon"

And, also, contrary to many the Resolute Form does NOT look better. Giving it an ugly useless dragon dildo and rainbow feathers only makes it worse.
>>
File: youkai_watch_10.jpg (3 MB, 3685x2400) Image search: [Google]
youkai_watch_10.jpg
3 MB, 3685x2400
>>25615569
>>25615513
>>25615432
>>25615414
>shitting on pokemon designs
A reminder to get a load of this and be grateful for what you have
>>
>>25615635
Horn needs to be smaller
Eyes need to be smaller, right now it looks like some sort of ayylmaoed horse
>>
>>25615635
Just leave it like >>25615352. You didn't need to do this.
>>
File: genwar bingo.jpg (325 KB, 777x922) Image search: [Google]
genwar bingo.jpg
325 KB, 777x922
>>
>>25615623
>Even the other forme

You say this like Resolute Form Keldeo isn't better than normal Keldeo by many hundreds of factors.
>>
File: 1.png (179 KB, 499x284) Image search: [Google]
1.png
179 KB, 499x284
Looks like a skinny ginger girl with a puffy freckly nose and pasty white skin
>>
>>25615662
I'm aware of the meme, thanks
>>
>>25615634
They're plainly shit, no ifs or buts, and there's no need to explain it
Your opinions suck
Your taste in designs is bad
Your brain makes graphically deficient decisions
I bet you like eeveolutions like a faggot
>>
File: 001Bulbasaur_RB.png (310 KB, 494x557) Image search: [Google]
001Bulbasaur_RB.png
310 KB, 494x557
>>25615297
>>25615210
There have been animu eyes since day 1 though. Jiggypuff/Wigglytuff are the definition of "moeblob".
>>
>>25615714
The Resolute Form only improves the shape of the body. Everything else is still bad, but now it has useless and oddly placed feather things on it's head and a giant dildo for a horn.
>>
>>25615432
where are the other gamefreak design progression*.png?
>>
File: Gnome.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Gnome.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
>>25615679
The weird one eyed shell thing looks just about passable. Everything else is what the fuck am I looking at? tier
>>
>>25615716
you just made keldeo sound appealing
>>
>>25615679

I salute you, anti-youkai watch poster.
>>
>>25615732
It's almost like having different designers in the GameFreak's design team results in pokemons with different styles
>>
>>25615634
I do agree with him on all your opinions except Garbodor, Woobat, Swoobat, Foongus and Amoongus
>>
>>25615573
I mean, the genies are a trio right? And there hasn't been a genie Pokemon yet. So, that's a plus.

And the bug robot looks awesome. I wouldn't have guessed it is a legendary, but like, it clearly conveys what it is trying to be and is cool for it.
>>
File: degradation.png (131 KB, 771x469) Image search: [Google]
degradation.png
131 KB, 771x469
>>
>>25615732
True. I admittedly never liked anime eyes on any of the Pokemon, but that's a personal preference and I don't hate Pokemon just because of it. Keldeo has other things about it.
>>
File: 1457742542370.gif (3 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1457742542370.gif
3 MB, 200x200
Genesect (GOAT bug)
Zekrom (just look at it)
Reshiram (elegant as fuck)
Kyurem (a fucking zombie t-rex thing)
therian landorus (a genie lion)
terrakion (a fucking man bull thing)
verizon (elegant as fuck)

How can anyone hate on gen 5 legendaries?
>>
>>25615152
It's hideous... Like are you blind?
>>
>>25615811
I agree that it's bad, very bad infact. I just don't see it as being indicative of bad Pokémon design when there are more than a few that are just as bad if not worse
>>
File: resolute.jpg (169 KB, 900x794) Image search: [Google]
resolute.jpg
169 KB, 900x794
>>25615736
The only problem with Keldeo is the horn and the huge blue ridges. The Resolute form fixes both of theses things, it doesn't change the body since it was fine to begin with.

The horn makes it the only Sword of Justice with a conceivable sword, and the feathers are visual cues to the other members - possibly the only interesting design choice relating to those three shitty legendaries. Thank god for BW2 eleventh hour form changes. Would almost save the genies too if they weren't so reprehensible in their base forms. At least it worked for Keldeo.
>>
>>25615859

The horn would be better if it actually looked like a sword instead of some weird plastic...well, you know. Also Virizion isn't that bad.
>>
>>25615288
>or possible
It's pokemon, it doesn't have to be possible.
>>
>>25615859
>Resolute form fixes the horn

Seriously? It literally turns it into a dragon dildo. The resemblance is uncanny.
>>
File: Nice meme.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
Nice meme.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>25615875
I'm sure that's what everyone thinks when they see it
>>
>>25615864
>>25615875
Just because you shove blue dragons dildos up your asses doesn't mean you have to shout about it whenever you see something that looks similar. If it's having such a big effect on you maybe you should use more lube.
>>
>>25615188
>clear explanation on first reply
>also dubs

>everyone ignores the answer anyway
>>
>>25615635
Fuck, despite the awful editing job that looks better.
This is coming from somebody who usually hates the modifications /vp/ typically makes to Pokemon.
>>
>>25615919

You seem perturbed.
>>
>>25615152

i get that its supposed to be the kid of the musketeers or whatever but it looks like a tier 1 generic pokemon with a horn and a stupid fucking haircut
>>
>>25615573
>but it's never sufficiently explained enough to make them interesting. Price of having no Gray Version.
It would help if you actually played the game basically the lore summed up is.
>Brothers founded the Unova region with the original dragon
>eventually they started to fight amongst themselves
>the original dragon split into the truths and ideals they fought for
>the brothers fought to a stalemate and decided they were both equal but their sons would continue that fight destroying the region
>the dragons were then sealed in stones and placed in dragonspiral tower and the ruins
>Kyurem was thought to have come from space in a meteor and ate the people of Lacunosa
>turns out the legend story was false and Kyurem was formed from whatever was left of the original dragon after it was split

Juniper also says something along the lines of the meteor being something like the stones Reshiram and Zekrom were sealed in.
>>
>>25615152
Because it is a Gen 5 pokemon. At least it got the facelift in BW2, most pokemon weren't so lucky.

The real question is, why are there people out there that like these fucks. Form change redeemed Keldeo, these guys are stuck forever.
>>
>>25615985
>The real question is, why are there people out there that like these fucks
Because they already have good designs.
>>
File: Hmmm.png (4 KB, 177x264) Image search: [Google]
Hmmm.png
4 KB, 177x264
Whether or not you feel Resolute Forme's horn looks like a piece of draconic anatomy, the fact remains that it is extremely poorly designed as a "sword". Nothing about its structure conveys the idea that it would be useful as a slashing or stabbing implement; it is neither saber nor rapier. It looks like something used for sawing or leaving gaping, ragged flesh wounds with its rather brutal serrated edge, something that seems out of place on a Pokemon that it supposed to be more innocent than its companions.
>>
>>25615985

What's wrong with Virizion? The boot-hooves?
>>
>>25616007
Admittedly, if it looked like a litera sword, people would complain about it being contrived, like Vannilish.
>>
>>25616013
>>25616000
Please explain. They have just as many little frills, no theme being conveyed, no interesting depiction of an animal or concept, nothing.

Like, I don't get it. It is like all the bad things about element+animal, but without the animal part.
>>
>>25616032
>Animal - Deer
>Theme - Three Musketeers
Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there.
>>
>>25615152
>Its not stellar, but there are so many worse than it.
name only one that isn't in gen5.
>>
File: Disgusted Fenekin.png (356 KB, 700x382) Image search: [Google]
Disgusted Fenekin.png
356 KB, 700x382
>>25616007
Its a game for kids you fucking autist. If you can't see how the horn can be explained to kids as a sword then you need your head seeing to.

No, it being a game for kids does not excuse bad design, but you're looking at it with far too sceptical a view.

If you want to be that pedantic then complain about the fact that Charizard's tail flame remains lit underwater. The heat it gives off should make it hard to stand anywhere near one.
>>
>>25615152
Furfaggotry.
Doesn't look legendary at all.
Looks like a balloon animal
Look at its Pokedex 3D animation
It's trio is also shit
Gay anime dub cringe
Brony
>>
>>25615985
Virizion is nice enough and Terrakion is okay, I suppose.
Cobalion however is disgusting. The anatomy is even more fucked up than Keldeo's and its feet look like socks filled with potatoes.
>>
>>25615980
>These pokemon are interesting because of these people
>You don't like it so you mustn't have played it

Nice meme. I play pokemon for the pokemon though, sorry. I'm not catching N or the two brothers. All the brother stuff left Reshiram and Zekrom devoid of any character. I'd rather Zekrom and Reshiram have noticeably represented truth and ideals, opposites, or anything than having them side with 2 unimportant people that represented those things. Kyurem in BW2 was almost well done, but couldn't be completed because they were insistent on paired versions. Seeing the original dragon would have been interesting. We got mutt half-breeds that left everything unfinished instead. Don't even know what was so special about the Original Dragon now, besides that it was pretty strong. Maybe never will. Oh well.
>>
The blue eyebrow things and the mane look dumb.

Also, Rapidash, a non legendary pokemon, is a more impressive looking unicorn than this legendary pokemon.
>>
>>25616013
The head. It's the least bad of the three. If it had swords, if any of these swordsman pokemon had swords, instead of dumb hats, it would have made them fine.
>>
>>25616017
>>25616044

It doesn't need to look like an actual fucking sword, but it would be better designed it it looked like something capable of slashing or stabbing. Even just scaling up its original form's horn would have been a better option.
>>
>>25616040
They don't even look like deer. I mean, they have horns and are four legged, but compared to the actual deer Pokemon, they don't look anything like a deer.

And please explain, I am all ears, about how visually (and this is important) they convey the three musketeers. I'm not exactly the most literate person in any given room, but when I think of the three musketeers, I think of hats, rapiers, those shirts that look like banners and mustaches. That's all. How do those things give any indication of that other than being a trio (and I assume having some pokedex entries regarding it, I don't know).

I am willing to accept being wrong. There are lots of subtle Pokemon designs that reference things that I don't know enough that I have previously judged too harshly.
>>
>>25616084

Virizion's side-horns are its "swords".
>>
>>25616085
Look at the official art >>25615352. It has a straight edge along the front and a point at the top. It can slash and stab whatever it wants.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (63 KB, 431x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
63 KB, 431x200
>>25616098
I wish that were the intent. It still looks dumb.
>>
File: WHY.png (163 KB, 345x268) Image search: [Google]
WHY.png
163 KB, 345x268
>>25616133

What.
>>
>>25616072
>interesting
>moving the goalposts
No one said anything about it being interesting because that's entirely subjective anon but rather the lore. The lore and why they occurred were there within the game.

>I'd rather Zekrom and Reshiram have noticeably represented truth and ideals
The irony being that reduces their personality down to nothing but just that whereas having them split shows that the pokemon themselves have their own stance on the matter enough to pick a side or that the original dragon thought that both were correct and felt the need to intervene via the split to show how equal ideals and truths were.
>>
i don't know, op. i think keldeo is ok. like it just doesn't stand out in an amazing way but it's not offensive either. i've never watched mlp.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>25616144
>>
>>25615152

I've always liked it until the day I was using it and my niece said "Are you playing my little pony? Which pony is that?"

Straight into the trash it went.
>>
File: 1456863428252.png (27 KB, 151x147) Image search: [Google]
1456863428252.png
27 KB, 151x147
>>25616162

I didn't think it was possible for me to dislike these fuckers any more than I already did, but you've shown me I was wrong.
>>
>TFW adults are responsible for this
>>
File: gerenuk.jpg (91 KB, 478x718) Image search: [Google]
gerenuk.jpg
91 KB, 478x718
>>25616084

What's wrong with it's head?
>>
>>25616150
You forgot the part where the Pokemon actually had to decide if they were worth of using them rather than just
>lol you caught me
>>
>>25616162
The Black and White anime were the worst.
They couldn't get anything right.
>>
>>25616155
That was exactly my point anon
>>
File: Laughing pokemon.gif (665 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Laughing pokemon.gif
665 KB, 500x375
>>25616166
>Caring that much about My Little Pony
>Being that insecure

Kek

I really hope you're joking anon, honestly I do
>>
>>25616043
Palkia and Dialga

There, I named 2.
>>
>>25616150
>moving the goalposts

Nice buzzwords, fag.

>"it's never sufficiently explained enough to make them interesting"
>Oh oh, who mentioned anything being interesting, I only replied to you with a bunch of shit about 2 guys you never meet can catch in pokeballs, quick get me another cock to suck

The problem with Unovan lore, like the problem with a lot of Unova, is that it is expressed through people rather than pokemon. But it is a pokemon game. It is fine to have interesting people but it should be in service of the pokemon. Reshiram and Zekrom exist as a service to N and to you, because N and you needed to battle with powerful pokemon, and the pokemon themselves were secondary to that. There's some promise in the lore of Unova, but the generation ended with it still in a pretty mediocre place. I don't think it will ever be fixed either. They've moved on.
>>
>>25616225
Dialga is ok. You hit the shit with Palkia but it still isn't as fucking gay and out of place as dildohorse.
>>
>>25616200
The anime had been and continues to be bad
>>
>>25616244
Ah see, I think Palkia is the better of the two, despite them being both shit.

Different strokes, different folks though
>>
>>25615188

Good explanation. I don't mind the design all that much myself, but I certainly see why people take issue with it.
>>
File: spaceDICK.jpg (148 KB, 886x902) Image search: [Google]
spaceDICK.jpg
148 KB, 886x902
>>25616269
>Palkia is the better of the two
But it looks like a dick anon. Other than that I catch your drift though.
>>
>>25615152
It's supposed to be a horsey but it's too small to ride around on and its oversized mullet would make it impossible to see where you're going even if you could ride it around.
>>
>>25616233
>The problem with Unovan lore, like the problem with a lot of Unova, is that it is expressed through people rather than pokemon. But it is a pokemon game. It is fine to have interesting people but it should be in service of the pokemon. Reshiram and Zekrom exist as a service to N and to you, because N and you needed to battle with powerful pokemon, and the pokemon themselves were secondary to that.
So you didn't pay attention to the lore one bit. The game balanced the Pokemon and the people rather than having one above the other, in fact that was a central theme of the game that Plasma were trying mess with. Just because these things aren't explained to you doesn't mean they aren't parts of the story and that's what made Black and White stand out, it didn't treat you like a child when it came to the story and of all the legendaries aside from Mewtwo they had the most lore about them.

>They've moved on.
Black and White 3 as the "remake"
>>
File: 647.png (37 KB, 312x338) Image search: [Google]
647.png
37 KB, 312x338
The only thing I don't like about it is the big bulbous nose really. I see people complaining about it's "eyebrows" but they're supposed to resemble a musketeer hat.
>>
>>25616225
Palkia and Dialga were a mistake.
How do you give a coherent and pokemon like design to something with a theme as abstract as space and time?
>>
>>25615513
>Not liking Gigalith, the glorious pile of crystals
>Not liking Shellgon
>Not liking glorious Tsuchinoko Dunsparce
>Not liking Garbodor, one of the best pokemon of gen-5

I'll agree that Keldeo isn't that bad, and there are worse designs, but those ones aren't bad.
>>
>>25616327
>So you didn't pay attention to the lore one bit

Obviously more than you if you honestly believe what you're saying.
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>>25616336
I complain about a lot of things.

But quick question, I understand that conceptually it is. But does it? Does it resemble it at all?
>>
>>25616342
>Obviously more than you if you honestly believe what you're saying.
Me being the one here that's detailing the themes of Black and White, you being the one that's saying "nuh-uh".

Ironically Black and White weren't as black and white as the previous and future games.
>>
>>25616351
I detailed my problems with Black and White's lore, you've been the one going nuh uh.

The real irony is that the truth of Black and White is subpar and far from the ideal. Maybe its secret brilliance. I call it bad writing.
>>
File: 647.png (41 KB, 312x338) Image search: [Google]
647.png
41 KB, 312x338
Is it better now?
>>
>>25616327
The only reason you think they had more lore was because everything was flat out stated to you during the story. You barely had to put any pieces together on your own. Hardly what you could consider more mature.
>>
>>25616391
No.
>>
>>25615188
>feels very cartoony
>>25615231
>It has a visible anus
also bulbous nose

>>25615244
>I don't like the frills. I don't know what they are intended to represent thematically
french clothing duh
>>
>>25616379
>I detailed my problems with Black and White's lore
You've barely addressed the story elements of Black and White or how they work together.
>>
I don't like the Ronald McDonald orange fro. Doesn't really pull off the epic, flowing mane that the dog trio has.

Other than that the positioning they chose just seems weird, the over the shoulder "look at my asshole" stance.
>>
>>25616391
>let's make it even more /mlp/

what do you think?
>>
>>25616452
it's the perfect shitposting took
>>
>>25616422
If you aren't going to bother reading what I type Im not going to bohter replying. I've already said all of my problems with the lore and why I feel it is that way. Lore =/= story, and I've discussed why the lore elements do not work for a Pokemon game.
>>
>>25616350

I think it does. Obviously it's not an outright hat but the eyebrows are clearly the brims of the hat and the tip of Keldeo's mane is the feather.
>>
>>25616473
But you still replied in the end
:^)
>>
>>25616452

>people complain about it's nose being too big
>make it smaller
>NOW IT LOOKS LIKE MLP!

There's no pleasing you faggots
>>
>>25616379
Not him but you do remember what started your argument here right?
You're ignoring the why's and how's that you had to discover on your own and are saying the main story had nothing to it. Not to mention that very few legendaries have had the same characterization that Reshiram and Zekrom did, often it's just
>they're the representations of this and they always have been
and it was just left at that. Exceptions of course include Mewtwo, Ho-oh and Lugia and Reshiram and Zekrom.

I take it you're just one of those people that mash A through all of the text instead of taking it in and trying to piece things together.
>>
>>25616487

It's not so much the size as it is the shape.
>>
>>25616473
>If you aren't going to bother reading what I type Im not going to bohter replying.
And yet you did, in any case now you're just making arbitrary separations between lore and story and are attempting to say that there's a "right" way to making a pokemon game.

What you should have just said to begin with was "It wasn't my kind of thing". Instead of trying to argue like your point was objective fact.
>>
>>25616474
Why is it two different colors? Why is one red and the other blue? Why is the "brim" jagged? Why is there a weird ponytail making it look like a mullet? Why is there a big glob of red hair at the top?

You must admit that no one looking at that mane for the first time is going to think of a musketeer hat. Like, look at Murkrow, that's a hat. Clearly a hat.
>>
>>25615231
Cannot unsee now
>>
>>25616535
It is a personal preference to rather have Pokemon be the focus rather than people. It is your own assumption that I have been doing otherwise. I think, however, in a Pokemon game that is objectively a better thing to do.

Lore and story are different things. Lore is the background of a world and colours a world's character. Story is the events that take place in that world. I'm simply not arguing about story because I am talking exclusively about the lore of RZK. I have been doing this the whole time, so stop acting like a smug idiot when I only respond to the things relating to the lore. Let us remember that you are the one arguing against me, not the other way around.

>>25616488
Get fucked, don't tell me what I'm arguing. The "thing that started this" was an anon saying that Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem don't convey much about anything. I agreed, and said it was because the lore was not fleshed out about the original dragon enough, so they ended up just being the Fire/Electric/Ice dragons that they are (less so for Kyurem though. It is reasonably husk-like and, as I said, handled half-decently). The lore of them being 3 parts of one dragon is not fleshed out, because the only thing we know about the original dragon is that it was very powerful and helped found the region. That's the only thing we know about it, because in lieu of focusing on the original dragon, they focused on 2 guys, and so the constituent parts of the dragon devoid of character.

Reshiram and Zekrom are supposed to stand for truth and ideals. Like the original anon I replied to said, they do not convey this. I feel this is not the case visually or characteristically. The only place I feel this is conveyed is in dialogue where they interchangeably swap truth and ideals between the paired versions, which is telling instead of showing in my eyes. This all leaves them - Reshiram, Zekrom, the Original Dragon and half-Kyurem - as the big dumb simple dragons that they are.
>>
>>25615152
Super Mario Sunshine.
>>
>>25615432
it's funny because genwunners always complains about overdesigned pokemon
>>
>>25615679
What are you, a communist?
>>
>>25616133
>slashing with their actual horns would have been neat
>NAH LET'S JUST GIVE THEM GIANT ENERGY SWORDS THAT COME OUT OF NOWHERE
>>
>>25617002
I mean, that's kind of the point of Secret Sword.
>>
>>25615152
Basically everything people are saying in the thread.
Its design has no focus
The colors are more an eyesore to look at
The snout makes everything worse
It lacks any real direction aside from "its a horse"
>>
>>25616860
>the constituent parts of the dragon devoid of character.
Define "character" in this context please anon.
Because I'm not entirely sure you know the meaning of the word.

> I feel this is not the case visually or characteristically.
They carry it in not only the design due to their coloration being black and white but also within their typing, heat and electricity being different forms of energy but accomplishing the same thing and stats, with one being physically oriented and the other special.
Kyurem being the neutral and grey area between truths and ideals hence why it's grey, an ice type and has no attacking speciality until you fuse it with one of the other two.
As for the characterization the Pokemon themselves have taken sides in the story due to what THEY believe which is exactly what caused them to split in the first place.

All of it is right there within the game and you're just glossing over it as unimportant just to have a point in the conversation.

I'd love to see what pokemon you think has character when you don't consider the ones that have the most to have none.
>>
>>25617015
It makes sense for Keldeo since its a special attack, but sacred sword is a physical attack.

I went into the Keldeo movie with some high hopes that the ancient lions would fight by literally locking horns with one another, but the anime likes "GIANT GLOWING BODY PART" for physical attacks too much, I guess.
>>
>>25617042
How exactly does black, electricity and physical attack represent ideals and white, fire and special attack represent truth sorry anon?
>>
>>25615188
/thread
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
>>25615231
>>
>>25617189
Not him but the overall theme was that you shouldn't look at the opposites but the similarities rather than just truths and ideals.
It's not that Black and White anon.
>>
File: e_sanjyuushi_121021.png (915 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
e_sanjyuushi_121021.png
915 KB, 1000x750
>>25615260
>>25615297
Their design is supposed to be a tribute to an old 3 musketeers anime and took several design cues from that era.

Not saying this to excuse the resulting designs, mind you, but it does explain a lot.

pic is one of the better fanarts that shows the muskedeers alongside said characters
>>
>>25617189

Not that anon, but their designs aren't supposed to represent truth and ideals. They're supposed to represent technology (Zekrom) and nature (Reshiram), which were the other underlying themes in BW.
>>
>>25617189
Because they tie into the theme of the story instead of being something like
>it's red so it's fire and about anger
It's more subtle.
Black and white is an easy explanation that's been said many times regarding black and white. "Things aren't always so black and white" Reshiram and Zekrom are the living embodiment of that which is why one isn't as powerful as the other.
Fire and Electricity I've already said in the previous post both forms of energy but they accomplish similar things. Truths and ideals are both things to fight for buy are also two different things.
The stats tie into the difference and similarity of truths and ideals.

Seriously do you need everything explained to you?
>>
>>25615679
Can this meme die like.. today?
>>
>>25617259
>>25617400
>>25617402
Basically Black and White has more than one theme because it's not black and white.
>>
It's asshole is visible and it looks like it's made of rubber.
>>
>>25617447

It's part of it's leg
>>
>>25617267
Oh. This explains everything. Even Keldeo.

Man, fuck off Japan with your references. At least Journey to the West is world renown, some fucking old anime isn't good reference material.

I guess I forgive Keldeo. He looks exactly like that fucker, including the stupid hat.
>>
>>25617267
So would this be another case of being too Japanese?
>>
>>25615152
That ass is too perfect
>>
>>25615448
There's some mythical water deer I saw it on an MTG card
>>
>>25617985
>being too Japanese
that's the overarching problem with Pokemon 2bh
>>
>>25617866
They reference a LOT of incredibly pop culture shit in their designs. Even Zubat, Golbat and Crobat are apparently based on old bat-themed sentai villains.
>>
>>25618135
That would explain Crobat. Could you link me to this? Unless Bulbapedia has all this already.

Yeah, this thread literally changed my mind about Keldeo. Complete 180. I may not like it, but I respect it. It is surprising how well they were able to catch that anime fucker as a horse.
>>
>>25617866
Funny enough I recall that old anime actually aired on public television in Europe, Southeast Asia, Mexico and South America, among several others in the 80's-90's. The US is one of the few places where it didn't.
>>
>>25618171
Bulbapedia has noted it, and someone actually posted pics of said characters here back when it was still /tr/.

I think it was actually screencapped from Youtube.
>>
File: keldeo-resolute.gif (130 KB, 78x86) Image search: [Google]
keldeo-resolute.gif
130 KB, 78x86
I've decided with as much as I love Gen V to at least agree it had some of the worst Mythicals in the series

>Another Mew, so Victini isn't that bad
>Meloetta, who I like but hardly feels legendary at all
>Mewtwo 2.0, who also probably shouldn't be mythical

Keldeo in particular is probably my most hated legendary for having the Resolute form at all. A random redesign that, unlike Shaymin, doesn't do a goddamn thing for the fucker and just exists for the sake of existing. It's the biggest waste of space I've ever seen when most other alternate forms at least serve a purpose. Doesn't change stats, abilities, learnset or literally anything. It just exists

So yeah, fuck this piece of shit. Give me Poli "It gets angrier" wrath any day. At least its stats change
>>
>>25618230
>bothering to save a .gif of Keldeo on your PC even though you hate Keldeo so much
you cuck
>>
>>25615152

>without mentioning the worst characteristic please tell me why this is bad.
>>
>>25618253
I downloaded all the Gen VI models as gifs because I was bored. I'm still organizing and removing unnecessary ones
>>
>>25618253
The zip contains all of them - attack animations too.
>>
>>25615152
Jesus christ it even has a butthole.
Worst design ever
>>
>>25618230
>different forme
>literally just make the horn into a giant jagged blue dildo
Worst design in pokemon history.
>>
File: 1456266248101.jpg (118 KB, 800x444) Image search: [Google]
1456266248101.jpg
118 KB, 800x444
>>25618429
Because thats what everyone thinks when they see that. I mean people outside of /vp/. You know, the vast majority of their market
>>
File: Bro!.jpg (49 KB, 717x326) Image search: [Google]
Bro!.jpg
49 KB, 717x326
>>25617267
This has legit changed my mind about these designs. I'd imagine if you were Japanese and in the know you'd get a real kick out of them.

I still don't like them, and I certainly don't like how Japan centric they are in their appeal, but I can appreciate that its for other people than me.
>>
>>25615188
why is this thread still going?
>>
>>25620533
Given that its one thread of many on a very specific board on 4chan that'll be dead by mid afternoon anyways, why do you care?
>>
File: 7145813_p0.jpg (292 KB, 445x630) Image search: [Google]
7145813_p0.jpg
292 KB, 445x630
>>25618191
The USA misses a lot of neat things because of its retarded sensibilities.
>>
File: 1457935064678.jpg (96 KB, 350x280) Image search: [Google]
1457935064678.jpg
96 KB, 350x280
>>25615792
>even that ugly zebra shitmon whos name I forget looks better than keldeo

kek
>>
File: 1458232678628.jpg (36 KB, 1095x613) Image search: [Google]
1458232678628.jpg
36 KB, 1095x613
>>25615985
Virizion looks way better than the others but its legs are so stupidly designed.
>>
>>25615152
>Horrible colors
>Little cohesion between elements of body
>bulbous snout
>Ram horn things
>Its primary horn same color as skin
Now I personally hate all the musketeers with this thing being tied for worst with socky mcspikeshoulders

The entire idea behind them is shit and whoever came up with mixing the three musketeers and pokemon should feel bad
Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.