[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you fgts think of these games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (13 KB, 256x144) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13 KB, 256x144
What did you fgts think of these games?
>>
The last good games until XY
>>
shit game because of the awful level scaling, making it hard to grind before the league. my underleveled shitmon team had a ot of trouble with Lance as a result
>>
Great but would be better if they fixed the shitty level gap or let you rebattle trainers at will before the E4.

Seriously, right before and after Blackthorn the wild pokemon nearby are still in their 20's. And Victory Road has low 30's
>>
>>25613476
You outlevel the content far too easily and wild pokemon are too weak to properly train without it taking forever. The same problem as the originals. Having trainers calling you to say the same message over and over gets redundant fast.
I like the atmosphere of the game and the pokemon following you bit is pretty neat. Also think the legendaries are some of the best both design and storywise. The simple story of the game also works well.
7.8/10
>>
>>25613500
>>25613535
The level gap was my only issue with the game. And it makes it difficult when you like to have a full team of 6 like I do.
>>
>>25613500
If you're not good at the game and are too stupid to properly maximize xp gains and minimize waste, the game literally hands a lv 45 Legendary to you on a silver platter.
>>
>>25614081
Wanting to have more than 6 Pokemon at the same level is basically impossible without "wasting XP gains".

But it is a Pokemon game, you want to train lots of Pokemon.
>>
>>25613500
>muh level scaling

Only reason why autists hate the game.
>>
Best remakes we got, which isn't saying much because FRLG and ORAS were average at best are mediocre at worst

Johto's awful level scaling is a sight to behold and detriments what's probably one of the most well-rounded regions in the series. Still, at least it fixes some issues like postponing some Pokemon to post-game or the mutilated Kanto

>>25614122
Training more than 6 Pokemon prior to Gen VI is a bad idea considering how absolutely limited most Pokedexes and trainers were prior. The EXP Share in Gen VI at least allows to be able to rotate between how many mons you want. I just wish it were optional, because that thing really fucks up your team if you have 6 or less. I miss the original hold item
>>
The only game that I played more than HG is probably Crystal. Some of the city remixes were ruined but the battle themes were wonderful.
>>
>>25614177
You can just deactivate it and assign Lucky Eggs to the pokés you want to train, anon.
>>
>>25614177
I am using the hold item right now. I mean, it isn't too bad because the phone call rematches are picking up a lot of the slack.

But the fact that I can't access Karate King with his level 34 Pokemon until I beat Claire is bullshit. Why wouldn't he have level 38 at least?
>>
>>25614270
I have it deactivated and I'm not in the post-game yet for Omega Ruby my Y version crapped out on me because lol

It's quicker for training multiple mons at the same time rather than having to switch out all the time. But that's only one convenience of it when it pretty much makes a lot of things about the main game itself trivial

I found myself enjoying the game a lot more having it turned off than I did my first playthrough, where I just quit before the Elite 4 because everything was too brain dead for me
>>
>>25614514
I was only saying that it IS optional
>>
>>25614527
I just meant skipping out on the item entirely instead of having it given to you. The EXP Share in all games was optional and can be gotten at any time. In Gen VI the game just gives it to you just because

On another note: Why are the Go Goggles still a thing
>>
>>25614081
>lel gitgud

I honestly agree with him. Johto's levels stay around 23-26 for both trainers and wild encounters until after you fight Archer. By this point, you should have level 35-ish pokemon. Archer's Houndoom is 38. You have to grind somewhere if you want to be on par with the trainers in late game Johto, anon.
>>
Spent the most time in/with those games.
Despite some flaws, they are my favorites.
>>
Pls bring Pokethlon back based GameFreak
>>
>tfw Sun/moon won't bring back following pokemon

Even if you didn't like it, it could easily have an option to cut it away
>>
They were great. Fuck all the hipsters who bash it because muh level curve.
>>
>>25614777
As long as they don't try and pull a shiny leaf thing and put some effort into it instead of just using assets of a future game to cheaply and quickly rush a feature.
>>
Slow and empty.
>>
>>25613476
Stick to your goodra threads, bui, only thing you're good at.
>>
>>25613476
Great games.

Really difficult to get a hold of though. Can't get them cheap anywhere.
>>
The peak of the main games desu
>>
This is the only Pokemon game I've never played. I hear it's the best one.
>>
>>25613476
Worst games yet.
Destroyed the Safari Zone.
Introduced the worst gimmicks (walking pokemon and screen scratcher 2009)
Buffed the leaders but not the rest of the game making the scaling worse.
Shit tier distribution only beaten by RSE.
It's a gen 4 game.
>>
>>25614935
Didn't they add the safari zone? Because GSC didn't even have a safari zone.
>>
>>25615014
Yes but the zone was nothing but eight boxes. It had less variety than the ORAS zone.
The only way to get other Pokemon there was to customize it and wait a few weeks, the worst part is that you absolutely had to use a guide to know how to get each pokemon because there was no indicator as to what did what.
>>
>>25615076
I don't get why they don't just make every safari zone be like the RBY safari zone.

Do they think we like this nonsense? God, the RSE safari zone pissed me off to no end.
>>
>>25613476
Liked them a lot when they came out but they're hard to replay. I think Platinum was better.
>>
File: 1458085272674.jpg (56 KB, 578x327) Image search: [Google]
1458085272674.jpg
56 KB, 578x327
>>25615085
>>25615076
>>25615014
>>25614935
>>25614921
>>25614894
>>25614880
>>25614879
>>25614838
>>25614809
>>25614793
>>25614777
>>25614701
>>25614648
>>25614617
>>25614574
>>25614527
>>25614514
>>25614311
>>25614270
>>25614247
>>25614177
>>25614125
>>25614122
>>25614081
>>25613575
>>25613557
>>25613535
>>25613500
>>25613492
>>25613476

Actually challenging
Classic 2d-top down art style,
Pokes follow you
two regions
great breeding system
introduced new breeding moves
detailed as fuck

Best pokemon game
best ds game
3rd best intendo game (windwaker, super mario sunshine, HGSS)

My only prayer is that Sun/Moon come even CLOSE to this beautiful game

#fanboy
#faggot
#autism
#TotodileFTW
>>
Overrated, the middle of Johto and basically the whole of Kanto are so boring since you're overleveled
>>
>>25615159
>overleveled
Please tell me you're talking about GSC or something. Unless you're only raising one-two pokemon, you aren't gonna be overleveled, usually not even on par unless you grind.
>>
>>25615143
>Actually challenging
It wasn't, the only thing that ever made it "challenging" is if you wanted a team of 6 to use.

>Classic 2d-top down art style
I don't see how that's a pro since every game has that.

>Pokes follow you
A negative due to the last trainer card upgrade being locked to RNG elements associated to it and how it was lazily shoved in.

>two regions
Which was the main reason we have such terrible level scaling.

>great breeding system
The system didn't see an ounce of change in HG/SS.

>introduced new breeding moves
Every game introduces new egg moves.

>detailed as fuck
That's the only pro for the game.
>>
>>25613476
I'm in my 3rd play through, and I'm about ready to sell this to GameStop for Sun & Moon money. Let me be blunt: the early game sucks, the mid game is okay, and the late game is God tier. EXP progression is criminally slow, so to speed it up, trade over a selection of Pokemon from DPPt for the trading bon sus. This eliminates 80% of the grinding you have to do so you can finish the first 8 gyms. The number of Legendaries, and their low catch rate is seriously aggravating, especially when one spams a move to prevent status effects. (You know what you did Lugia.)
>>25614081
The game doesn't give you shit. EXP share? Late game. Lucky Egg? I don't even know if it's in the game. Leftovers? Five gyms past the championship. Amulet Coin? VERY late game. Stock "increase the power of blah blah moves" items? Seven of the best are behind a time gate you won't learn about until post game. If you want to "maximize exp gain" just trade your shit over from DPPt. Items and all. Only way to be sure.
>>
>>25615223
People care more about the trainer card than the cute little messages when you talk to your Pokemon?

I don't think I've looked at a trainer card in the last four games of Pokemon.
>>
>>25613476
It has the worst remake soundtrack
>>
>>25615270
>People care more about the trainer card than the cute little messages when you talk to your Pokemon?
The lazy messages that have barely any variation between pokemon?
I don't think many people cared about that over actual achievements in the game.
>>
>>25615223
you're so fucking autistic, kill ure self
>>
>>25615331
I genuinely didn't realize Pokemon had achievements.

I liked how my ice Pokemon react in Ice Cave or how sometimes my Pokemon is grumpy for seemingly no reason. It is cute.

I guess it is lazy, but it is a big step up from nothing, which is what it was replaced with.
>>
They were the very best. Like no one ever was
>>
>>25615375
>I genuinely didn't realize Pokemon had achievements.
They've literally been there since day one anon.

>I guess it is lazy, but it is a big step up from nothing
I'd prefer if they used that time to make the effort to fix something about the game rather than cover it with a gimmick that got in the way of other things.
>>
>>25615431
Like what? What needs fixing?

I assume you aren't the kind of person who pretends their Pokemon are genuine creatures with personalities and such. That's like half the reason I play.
>>
>>25615143
Why did you quote so many people?
are you just trying to get our attention?
>>
>>25615551
>Like what? What needs fixing?
The level scaling, the pokemon distribution, the safari zone. Things like that.

>I assume you aren't the kind of person who pretends their Pokemon are genuine creatures with personalities and such.
On the contrary, that's exactly what made walking pokemon so terrible. It took away the ability to give pokemon personalities and roleplay with them because it made them nothing more than generic pets. The legendaries also make unbelievable actions due to that.
>>
>>25613476
Greatly Flawed. Play Sacred Gold and Storm Silver.
>>
>>25615610
Pokemon distribution? What do you mean? I actually liked how Kanto had fair bit of the newer mons. Made them more special.

As for them being pets, well, people outside of the games tend to make
Pokemon way smarter than they actually are. I always hated how everyone seems to treat every Pokemon as sapient.

My team right now in HGSS (playing it right now, actually, trying to catch up three gens) is Ambipom, Forretress, Swinub, Weepinbel, Feraligatr, Xatu. And the little interactions have all seemed reasonable and there has been enough variety that they don't all feel like the same personality. It would be effect of they could tie some of them to the "nature" game mechanic, but that's about all I can ask for.
>>
>>25615218
There is a period in the middle of the game where enemy levels barely increase and Kanto is shit the whole way through
>>
Enjoyed it because I had nostalgia for when I was 6 and played the original. I wouldn't say it's a bad game, but the problems of level scaling and distribution are valid.

I'm playing Liquid Crystal right now and so far it has felt like a major improvement. Actually feeling challenged in Johto is a nice change.
>>
File: drakehotlineblingjacketmoncler.png (901 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
drakehotlineblingjacketmoncler.png
901 KB, 690x460
They ruined the music.

https://youtu.be/QVyFaYPAYRI
To this
https://youtu.be/xOMVTPKjFBk
>>
I've never actually fully beaten this game cuz it's long and I lose interest in the Pokemon I'm using.
Playing through it again and this time planning on using more than six Pokemon. I don't mind being under leveled because strategy can overcome that usually, and the game hands you a lot of tools. Like rock tomb tm right before bugsy.
>>
>>25613476
Great game. Updated an already great game. Still has it's issues and flaws. OR/AS is same tier.
>>
>>25613476
>fgts
dat's rude!
>>
File: 3SNxRRL.jpg (16 KB, 142x146) Image search: [Google]
3SNxRRL.jpg
16 KB, 142x146
>>25616672
I'm still upset
>>
>>25616672
>can't get the GB Sounds until you beat most of the game
That's what really bothered me. Should've been able to get it when you first get to Celadon
>>
>>25613476
only pokemon game I never finished because I got bored
>>
>>25613476
The last good pokemon games.
>>
Currently playing soul silver. Bored as fuck though, because I've used almost every pokemon on every route.
>>
They're pretty good.
>>
>>25617265

Have you used dunsparce? Glare, headbutt, serene grace, (and bite if you level an ekans to 9 and breed, and rock slide with tm) is pretty fun in-game.
>>
Still remember when the remakes were announced.
Holy FUCK the hype was something else.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.