[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is the best main series Mini-Game? For me: Top Tier -Pokéathlon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 241x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 241x200
Which is the best main series Mini-Game? For me:

Top Tier
-Pokéathlon
-Super Training

High Tier
-Wi-Fi Plaza (RIP 2008-2014)
-Pokéstar Studios

Low Tier
-Pokémon Contests (Hoenn)
-Contest Spectacular (ORAS)

Shit Tier
-Pokémon Musical
-Pokémon-Amie
-Pokémon Super Contests (Sinnoh)
>>
i liked the musical and the Pokeathlon

also the underground was best if it counts as a minigame
>>
>>25612974
>Hoenn contests
>bad
I don't think you know the rule, you can only choose one.
>>
>>25612974

Pokeathlon is probably the only mini-game out of all the games that I played on a regular basis. It was pretty fun
>>
>>25612974

Eww Pokestar Studios? That thing was pretty bad and cringe worthy in my opinion. What's even worse is the game forcing you to do it.
>>
>>25613152
On Gen III exists the "Sheen" stat that prevents that any Pokemon that has full Sheen to consume more Pokéblocks, also on Gen III you can't take photos during contest or using Megas.
>>
>>25612974
Needs to become a reoccuring feature tier:
-Pokeathlon
-Super Training
-Amie

Just another form of battling disguised as a break from the normal gameplay tier:
-Contests
-Pokestar
-Musical
>>
File: dude what.jpg (91 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
dude what.jpg
91 KB, 480x480
>>25612974
>not liking contests
>>
>>25613212
>must consume a lot of berries to create Pokéblocks/Poffins to increase the respective stat
>the Sheen stat so you must concentrate on created super-perfect Pokéblocks/Poffins
>select random moves and try to have a high appealing, opponents carries either moves that aren't allowed in that type of contest or that startles your Pokemon
>combos exist but not all the Pokemon have the required moves, also you must use the hard-to-find Heart Scales (only on Gen III and IV) to re-learn moves that you would force to forget.

At least on Pokéathlon you only select Pokemon and begin the events. Pokéathlon Juice exists but is optional.
>>
>>25613204
>musical
>battling
holy shit what? its dress up and dance. the musicals were the worst.
>>25613199
>on Gen III you can't take photos during contest or using Megas.
kek
>>
>>25613296
>I don't like things that require any account of effort to succeed in
>>
>>25613296
>opponents carries either moves that aren't allowed in that type of contest or that startles your Pokemon
I dont recall any move being banned from any specific category. ones from opposing styles get you less appeal yeah, but not impossible to use. also if you arent jamming you opponents at high ranks you're fucking stupid. and finally
>heart scales
>hard to find
hoenn contests are the best, pokeathlon second
>>
>>25613311
Oh, I guess I never played it. Well then, I may not like Pokemon Musical but if it offers something different from the actual gameplay, I'm for it. Maybe they should combine it with elements of contests to make a beauty peagant competition but I would prefer if they do something original that doesn't rely on a variation of battling.
>>
>>25613352
For example: on Cool Contests, Beauty and Tough moves do nothing, but Clever and Cute moves make the judge to be disappointed and reduce one point of excitement.
>>
>>25613541
i'm pretty sure this is bullshit. the way i remember is you get one less heart for inappropriate category moves, and the audience excitement level drops by one star.
>>
>>25613541
>>25613601
yeah, utter bullshit, just got a 6 heart appeal with a beauty move in a cool contest.
>>
>>25613601
What he said is completely true.
The type of moves for the contest add one heart to your appeal and one to crowd excitement.
Two neutral types don't add anything.
Two negative types remove one heart and one crowd excitement.
>>
>>25613669
which is nothing at all like the original post i was quoting that said there are moves that arent allowed in contests >>25613296

they just perform less well
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.