[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you look for when making teams? Do you use smogon or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
What do you look for when making teams?

Do you use smogon or just what you want?

Is there a tier you think is the best and most rounded?
>>
What gives me hype and boners
>>
>>25612867
I'd say NU or PU since a lot of people like shitmons. UU is basically just OU rejects and Pokémon that are TOO STRONK for RU, and RU is full of UU Pokémon that people stopped giving a shit about.
>>
>>25612867
>I won't be OU in two months
>still OU
>>
>>25612867

>What do you look for when making teams?

Type/Pokemon synergy

>Do you use smogon or just what you want?

I like using Smogon as a launching pad for set ideas and team makeups

>Is there a tier you think is the best and most rounded?

UU, only because a large chunk of my favorite pokemon fall into that tier.
>>
Well first, what format am I playing. This is the most important feature in building a team. For simplicity lets say I am playing Smogon OU.

I start every team with sableye. He takes care of almost all non-fire physical attackers, all walls and just most leads.

Then I want a physical sweeper and a special sweeper.

Then I want a special and a physical tank.

Last I just fill in the holes in my team. If I can't deal with a prevalent pokemon I might add a specific counter. Our maybe my team is weak to one type. I also like alternative leads for when my sableye is not a good lead or a pokemon that can set up and then sweep.
>>
>>25612926
I understand having an uber tier because you don't want to play with legendaries. I understand an ou tier because the 50 most popular non-legendaries might get boring to play against but I don't understand teirs under that (other than LC or monotype where the format is different) Are there pokemon really too weak to compete in UU and is it fun having so many pokemon removed from your format?
>>
>>25612934
OU again, after the grenigga ban.
btw funny how clef, mawile, deoys-d, manaphy and celebi are in the last row.
>>
>>25613069
obviously yes
>>
File: 1422770434064.gif (412 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
1422770434064.gif
412 KB, 500x300
>>25612867
I try to make mons I like function as a team
Luckily most of my favorites preform pretty well in UU.
On cart I just run whatever shit I want because everyone is retarded
>>
File: Meowstic-f hotdogs.png (461 KB, 580x600) Image search: [Google]
Meowstic-f hotdogs.png
461 KB, 580x600
>>25612867
I always use what I want. I like making cores- specifically Fairy, Dragon and Steel. I find those to be pretty strong, however my favorites range from top-tier like Diancie and Garchomp, to Glaceon and Meowstic-F right at the bottom.

I rarely play on Showdown, but when I do I find the most fun tier to be UU since a lot of things I like do well there.
>>
I always have a specific core team in every game.

Water type
Electric type
Fire Type
Fighting Type
Flying type
Pseudo legendary

There will often be an overlap between these core types allowing me to add in an extra Pokemon, like in Pokemon X Talonflame covered both Fire and Flying meaning that I could use Aegislash.

This core has served me well over the years and I don't ever see myself moving away from it.
>>
>>25613292
Also note how mega manectric isn't there at all.

UU still hasn't really recovered, scarf on everything or else.
>>
>>25612997
Do you always run mega sableye or just regular?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1456444002038.jpg (70 KB, 422x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1456444002038.jpg
70 KB, 422x960
>>25613607
We're talking competitive not in game, you fuck.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.