[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HERE WE GO NIGGERS Just got my preorder in the mail and my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10
File: 20160317_125236.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160317_125236.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
HERE WE GO NIGGERS

Just got my preorder in the mail and my gf is having some shit at her university for three hours. Gonna play the shit out of this until I have to study for some essay ventilation tomorrow.

Have you got your copy yet, anon?
>>
File: 1458019708133.jpg (17 KB, 342x192) Image search: [Google]
1458019708133.jpg
17 KB, 342x192
>unironically owning a Wii U
>>
>>25612817
We'll see you when Pokemon Coliseum successor comes out :^)
>>
>>25612817
WiiU is great. Has the full roster of Wii games, some nice exclusives, and a decent setup for Netflix (so easy to switch to the gamepad and back.)

Plus Zelda and smash 4, worth every penny. We are thinking of getting a second WiiU for our house.
>>
File: 764312.jpg (32 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
764312.jpg
32 KB, 640x480
>first editions will be forever plagued with "Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card included" logo
>>
>>25612831
>implying they'll waste time on wiiU titles when the NX is out
>>
>>25612795
>Have you got your copy yet, anon?
No Wii U and I probably wont be getting one until I see what NX is about

Anyway, have fun anon
>>
>>25612858
Yeah it's kinda ugly
>>
>>25612858
Is Shadow Mewtwo even playable?
I won't be able to get the game for a while and I don't want to miss out on a character.
>>
>>25612918
It's playable and you don't even need the card, the card just gives you temporary early access to the character without you needing to properly unlock it.
>>
i havent owned a home console since the gamecube. its a shame this will never be on steam.
>>
>>25612971
It's not that good.
>>
File: fZ4FtXFiHOt0.jpg (26 KB, 373x521) Image search: [Google]
fZ4FtXFiHOt0.jpg
26 KB, 373x521
No.

BECAUSE IT'S EIGHTY FUCKING DOLLARS
>>
>>25612875

NX is a handheld.
>>
>>25612953
Woah, so it's really just a garbage waste of space in the cover and to give a false sense of bonus.
>>
how's the controller, do the buttons feel nice?
also they better not have fucked up the d-pad for this or else you can forget it
>>
>>25612795
I always hear mario
>>
>>25612971
But you know this game is out, half life 3 isn't even real why get steam just to wait for something that isn't even real
>>
>>25612795
No, because I'm going to wait for a price drop before buying a game with such a sparse roster and two Pikachus.
>>
>>25613585
16 Playable characters is sparse? The 'clones" are actually really different from each other in game, so they totally count.
>>
>>25613718
>16 Playable characters is sparse?
When you have 721 characters to choose from, yes. And don't tell me 705 of them aren't viable.
>>
>>25613812
Nah, I'd just say that you're thinking of it as a Pokemon game first. 16 isn't that bad for the first game in a fighting game series. I do wish that they had added a few more, but so much goes into just one character in a fighting game. Doing modeling, animations, coming up with the attacks themselves, tweaking for overall balance, There's a lot.
>>
>>25613276
Yeah I like it. Dpad is actually good.
>>
>>25612848
Wii games were already on the... gee I don't know... the Wii? No one cares about that since everyone already owned a Wii.

Netflix is on literally everything and how often do you switch to the shitty quality of the gamepad and back?

Also, what Zelda? The rereleases of games that were on the GameCube and the Wii already? Don't say the new one, since that won't be out for a long time and is probably not even Wii U exclusive either.

You sound like a shill.
>>
>>25613812
>when you have 721 characters to choose from it magically becomes less work and cheaper to develop each of those characters
>HURR DURR KILL ME I'M SUPER RETARDED
>>
>>25613962
they are a shill, /vp/ is literally CRAWLING with shills but the board consciousness here isn't always geared towards detecting them
>>
>>25613993
>it magically becomes less work and cheaper to develop
Never implied that. What I mean is they had so many choices for fighters and the final roster of 16 seems.... eh. That's all.
>>
>>25613962
>completely ignoring smash
>not realising that NX may not be able to run the new zelda if it's a handheld
>not liking the vastly nicer looking Windwaker remaster
>not also thinking about other releases like MK8

Wii alone is just fine, but WiiU gives you more options, plus the game pad as a second screen is a significant improvement over the Wii. Hell, I played the entirety of Windwaker on the gamepad because it was that much more convenient (its basically just a handheld at that point.)

I am not saying a WiiU is a must have, but it is perfectly valid to own one unironically.

>calling someone a shill
You know this meme is tired and misused. Because I enjoy something and disagree with someone calling it shit doesn't make me a shill. If I was a shill, I'd link you to places to buy it.
>>
>>25614026
Not a shill. I didn't say anyone should buy it, nor did I link anyone to places they could buy it. I gave reasons that I liked it.

Tired meme needs to be retired.
>>
>>25614094
You're looking at the amount of total Pokémon, while you should be looking at development costs and normal roster sizes for fighting games.
A final roster of 16 for a first game in a series is not considered small at all.
>>
>>25613962
people are allowed to like things. grow the fuck up.
>>
>>25614094
16 fighters with widely varying, SUPER flashy attacks. Believe me, the animators on this project fucking hated themselves already.

Also, I always see people saying that we should have had more quadrupeds, but the same goes for that too really. Animating a walk cycle isn't the most difficult thing in the world or anything, but making 4 legs look like they're moving in a realistic and elegant way is just more work than animating a 2 legged walk cycle.
>>
>>25614105
>>25614135
It's about his wording. I have a Wii U myself, I like it, but his wording isn't something a normal person would use. It sounds like a fucking advertisement.
>>
>>25614105
why does everyone forget splatoon, super mario 3D world, zombieU etc...
>>
>>25614214
And don't forget those quality NES™, SNES™, N64™, GBA™ and NDS™ games that are all available for great prices on the Nintendo© eShop™, updated weekly.
>>
File: bayonetta-2.jpg (220 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bayonetta-2.jpg
220 KB, 1280x720
>>25614214
don't forget Bayonetta 2 the no.1 action game in the history of gaming
>>
>>25614166
It's literally me the whole time. I was in a hurry so I didn't go into detail, so it came out weird. I still didn't say anything about anyone buying a WiiU, except myself and my family getting a second for another room in the house.

I also didn't bother to say that I don't use WiiU all the time, as I also have a PS4, my PC, and I play a lot on my 3DS. But I find the WiiU worth it for what I use it for.
>>
>>25614214
I didn't forget them, I omitted them to save space. I did explicitly talk about exclusives which covers all of those except Zombie U.
>>
>>25614288
Sorry then, senpai.
It just seemed so weird with that wording.
Shilling isn't just about saying you have to buy something, it's also about putting thoughts and images about a certain product in their mind so they will think about it more.
But I genuinely believe you, just a misunderstanding really.
>>
>>25614325
>that wordfilter

Ok, didn't know it filters to senpai. kek
>>
>>25614132
>>25614159
Good explanation. Thanks for clarifying, anons. Sorry if I came off as harsh, didn't realise how much work goes into fighting games.
>>
>>25614214
>zombieU
>>
>>25614363
It's cool. I mean, the fact that animations have to be painstakingly made one by one is something that pretty much everyone takes for granted
>>
>>25614363
I don't blame people for thinking that way.
A lot of people that are going to play Pokkén have never even touched a fighting game in their entire life and only got interested because it's Pokémon, so they're not exactly familiar with how time consuming / expensive it is to create even a single fighter.

Also forgot to add that for every extra fighter the game becomes harder to balance right, since every new fighter would have a match-up against all the others on the roster.
>>
>>25614325
Just out of curiosity, which word is being filtered to senpai? I know tb h becomes desu (desu) but I never actually figured out the rest. Clearly not words I use much.
>>
Is Pokken available for preload right now?
>>
>>25614590
F a m senpai
>>
>>25612817
>Not owning all Nintendo platforms to play every Pokemon game that gets released

Fuck off casual
>>
WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE POKKEN AMIIBO?! DOES GAMEFREAK NOT WANT MY MONEY?!

AND WHY ONLY 14 FUCKING CHARACTERS?! 1 OF WHICH IS JUST DARK MEWTWO!??THERE'S OVER 700 FUCKING POKEMON!! IS NAMCO THAT FUCKING LAZY?! SHIT
>>
>>25614614
Oh, no wonder I don't get it filtered, I have never said fa m in my life unless I was writing family in shorthand.

>I am one of those faggots that hates words like bro, af, and fa m

You can hate me now.
>>
>>25614651
We literally just covered why there are 16 playable characters.

See:>>25614159
>>25614132

tl;dr for it: Fighting games are expensive and time consuming to create.
>>
People finally started dumping the OST

BEST STAGE THEME INCOMING, IF YOU DONT AGREE YOU'RE A FAGGOT

http://youtu.be/KRWRPQr4fx8
>>
>>25614651
see >>25614491
The only reason games like Street Fighter, Smash and Tekken have fairly large rosters now is because they've been around for years.
>>
>>25612817
Wii U is actually a good console though. If I was going to buy a console I would either buy a ps4, or a wii u, with the wii u being more likely.
>>
>>25614703
With the rumors of Nintendo dropping the Wii U in favor of NX this year it might be wise to hold off a purchase until E3 at very least.
>>
>>25613993
Gamefreak is rolling in money, so it can't be a money issue. This game has the potential to be huge. Might as well go all out and put in as many fan favorites as possible.
>>
>>25614734
Don't believe the rumors you hear, especially when Nintendo themselves are still supporting the thing with quite a few games and it's only just recently become profitable.
>>
>>25614750
Money is always an issue when creating a product. Going all in on a gamble that might not take off is idiotic, and fighting games in general are slightly niche. Fighting games are also some of the most ridiculously expensive game types to produce.

Let's say that each character has 35 different attacks and one super. The game is made for 60 FPS, with each individual image of animation taking up maybe 2 of those frames. Assuming that each attack animation takes, let's say, an average of 3 seconds, that is to say, 180 frames, the animation has 90 different individual images. 35 x 90 = 3150 individual images, just for basic attacks.

Supers are cinematic, so they will be much longer, let's say, 10 seconds, a low estimate to be sure, with the same kind of frame data, that's 300 images, but this animation has to be even more perfect to play up its impressive nature, so each image of the animation is likely to have a much smoother transition, which is accomplished by having individual images that are shown for a shorter amount of time, and smaller differences between the images. This way, it comes out looking incredibly fluid, but it also takes twice the amount of animation, so it will be worth 600 individual images.

Already we're up to 3750 individual images, but you also have to animate a walk cycle, a run cycle, a reverse walk cycle, idle animations, transformations, victory animations, death animations, entrance animations, taunts, special statuses, hit stun, recovers, ukemi recovers(not always), jumping, falling, counters, grabs, techs. The list goes on, so, to make this easier, let's just add another 3150 images, making our grand total 6900 individual images for ONE character.

There are 16 characters. 6900 images x 16 characters = 110,400 individual images. This is just an estimate, but do you see what I'm getting at? This is just the characters, and there are over 100 thousand images.
>>
>>25613812

16 characters where they all play differently is fine.
>>
>>25614750
They're obviously trying their best with EVO, CEO, it's own championship series etc. but I'm personally not very optimistic about its success. From what I noticed, many people don't care about the actual game at all. Pokken threads on /v/ get shitposted to death by angry capcucks with little actual discussion in between while /vp/ only uses it as a levreage to circlejerk about X character's relevance to the franchise while griefing those whose favorite didn't manage to get in. The rumors about the game failing in Japanese arcades hurt the game's reputation on the other websites before it even managed to come out. Youtubers seem to be the only ones genuinely hyped for the game at this point (thanks to the brilliant move of Nintendo to distribute free review codes to a bunch of popular YT channels).

I would really love to see a sequel with expanded roster and polished single player but at this point I'm not even sure if we'll ever see one.
>>
>>25615150
A sequel/DLC should also utalize more Pokemon that aren't bipedal humanoids. Chaudelere is a good start, but let's see Foretress or Staraptor or something.
>>
>>25614750
>Gamefreak is rolling in money, so it can't be a money issue.

Except that they also want to make money. They're not going to invest more into the game then they expect to get out of the sales.
>>
>>25614750
>Gamefreak

This game isn't made by Gamefreak.
>>
>>25614750
As others have pointed out, this game wasn't made by GameFreak - it was made by Bandai Namco.
>>
>>25612831
Hahaha when is that ever going to come out
>>
>>25615209
I'm pretty sure when it comes to roster Namco was mostly playing it safe. From what I read in the interviews the development process itself was very rigid. They were being instructed by TPCi all the time, this probably also included the roster picks.

Anyway, I think that the single player is a more pressing issue. The reviews all mention that it feels very "tacked on" and the AI characters are weak and easily exploitable. It would be cool if in addition to the existing arcade mode we got character-centric storylines like in the Soul Calibur games, especially since one of the directors is apperentely a SC veteran. Pokemon franchise is all about the characters anyway, so it would definitely be appreciated.
>>
>>25613585
does smash bros have a sparse roster? it can choose from all 721 pokemon, plus trainers, and also any nintendo character they want, and by extension all video game characters, but they only choose 58 and has two marios
>>
>>25612795
where did you preorder from
i want this game RIGHT NOW
>>
>>25612817
>not owning the console with the most worthwhile exclusives by a long shot
PC and Wii U mustard rice.
>>
>>25615485
The game broke street date all over Yurop
Ask your local retailer, there is a good chance they already have it in stock
>>
>>25615535
>yurop
nevermind it's practically the 18th already there anyway
>>
>>25615559
It broke the street date almost 1 week before the release m8, mostly in Germany

Now we just have to wait and see how it does
>>
>>25615467
Don't forget Green Mario and Stinky Mario.
>>
File: o2kpiry2dL1r8sc3ro3_400[1].png (245 KB, 400x333) Image search: [Google]
o2kpiry2dL1r8sc3ro3_400[1].png
245 KB, 400x333
What is she reaching for?
>>
>>25615535
It's for sale today at the local "slow" retailer where I live. Street date clearly means nothing for a "niche" game (ours was preordered from an online store that is shipping tonight, so we have to wait but no shits given.)
>>
>>25612795
>my gf is having some shit at her university for three hours.
Probably fucking someone who doesn't play WiiU
>>
>>25612795
>my gf is having some shit at her university for three hours.

I read that as
>my gf is having a shit at her university for three hours.

I was wondering what the fuck she ate until I noticed my mistake.
>>
>>25612795
Is the controller good for the game?
>>
>>25615466
Single player is not a concern of mine in fighting games, personally. I am going to be playing this with my local FGC.
>>
How does the game feel overall? Is it incredibly fluid and does each character feel good to control? Would it compare to something more like Smash, Tekken, or something less skillful like Naruto Storm 4? Just wondering since this is the game that decides if I buy a Wii U
>>
>>25612858
I really hope it has a reversible cover or something, I saw it in the US direct and was hoping it was just for the mock up and advertising, not actually on the case.

Oh well, I won't see anything but the spine most of the time.
>>
File: 1457309877097.gif (405 KB, 294x222) Image search: [Google]
1457309877097.gif
405 KB, 294x222
>People getting early copies
>No new/unlockable mons anywhere to be seen

The dream is dead.
>>
File: image.jpg (300 KB, 608x1070) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
300 KB, 608x1070
>>25612817
>he can't afford a Wii U so he acts like it's bad
>>
>>25614681
Its good but I still prefer Magikarp.
>>
>>25615916
Kek
>>
>TFW Amazon still hasn't shipped mine when my Ryu amiibo has shipped.

See you all online next week I suppose.
>>
>>25613194
Yes, it's an amiibo.
>>
>>25616533
>sold like shit
>most games are shit
>nonexistant third party support
>on its way out within the next year and the NX will probably have backwards compatibility

I own one and I cannot in good faith recommend it to anybody.
>>
>>25614370
>never playing the most anxiety inducing horror game
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.