[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
High School Pokemon experience
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: follow your dreams.jpg (77 KB, 558x689) Image search: [Google]
follow your dreams.jpg
77 KB, 558x689
What was your Pokemon experience like in High school? Middle school/college times welcome too. I'm mostly interested in how peoples' view of Pokemon changed as they got older. I want to hear about it.

I was in High School for the duration of gen 4. Shit was hype.
DP had that secret hype where nobody wanted to admit it but the mention of it made motherfuckers eyes light up. I spent freshman year training mons and sophmore year stomping classmates in secret
Platinum era was a bit less ubiquitous than DP, but damn was it fun. I kept my main teams on Diamond and took on all challengers. I'll never forget wrecking this kid's hacked jap legendary team with my lone Venomoth. Dude got so mad he closed his DS and left lunch.
HG/SS was the next big thing. If you weren't playing it, you were talking about playing it. I remember some kid shouting about Whitney's Miltank in the middle of class, saying just when he got it low "IT DRINKS ITS OWN MILK AND GETS STRONGER!!"
Meanwhile BW got announced and I graduated. Gen 5 came out my first year of college.
>>
I was in highschool when firered/leafgreen came out and someone discovered VBA, which immediately was installed on all school computers and everyone spent hours playing pokemon instead of doing their work

I was the only one who beat it
>>
File: heracrossscizor.jpg (153 KB, 1024x732) Image search: [Google]
heracrossscizor.jpg
153 KB, 1024x732
I was in 10th grade when Pokemon SoulSilver came out. I had abandoned Pokemon in Gen 3 but got a DS after seeing commercials for Soul Silver. Turns out I was but one of many people who experienced this Pokemon renaissance and for the rest of the year there were tons of people walking around with pokewalkers and DS's. Rest of High School saw a decline in people playing Pokemon but myself and a decent amount of others were still hype about Black and White. Overall, a pretty good experience.
>>
I stopped playing some time around middle school, I had an emulator for leafgreen on my phone for like a month
I've only recently gotten back into Pokemon
>>
I don't remember the details from 13+ years ago.
>>
Diamond and Pearl were the lastest thing when I was in high school. I got a DS and a flashcart and played pokemon in more or less its intended way rather than an emulator for the first time.
I had a friend to play with who also used a flashcart, so we could both gameshark legendary mons into our saves and then sell them to kids.

Good times.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.