[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon Games on New Nintendo 3DS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
So I wanted to play Pokemon HGSS and I have the original 3ds xl. The games load slow and specially the controls. I'm just wondering for those that has the N3DS does the Pokemon DS games load better and play better like it was on DS/DSI?
>>
>>25610266
No. The only games that play better on New 3DS are Sm4sh, Monster Hunter 4U, and Hyrule Warriors. No changes in performance to any other games past or present.
>>
Darn alright, the games just feels really sluggish with the original 3ds XL. I thought it would improve on the new one. Thank you.
>>
First time I pop a DS game into my N3DS. I just played for a while and I see no difference from DS lite/DSi/small 3DS
>>
>>25610352
Welcome. I know theoretically older/current games SHOULD run better on a New 3DS but that just isnt the case. Those games are LOCKED at their current performance speed and can't be altered short of hacking.
>>
>>25610466
hmm... I haven't tried playing HGSS on the regular DS because I don't have one. I'm just using my past experience when I pop in DPPT on my 3DS XL, everything was slow from the movement of the character and selecting settings. But since you said theirs no difference, I might go ahead and buy one.
>>
>>25610488
I agree but even though those games have current locked speed performance it just felt really slow on the 3DS. I might have to purchase N3DS to see.
>>
>>25610266
Nigger there is absolutely no difference, those were just slower games

Get used to it
>>
>>25610537
Even though they're older games, the games just run faster on the regular DS/DSI. The 3ds was a step back instead of forward.
>>
>>25610527
Pretty sure that's just how the game is anon.
Characters weren't slow, Gen 4 was just a slow gen in general.
New hardware doesn't magically run games at twice the speed.
>>
>>25610317
>No changes in performance to any other games past or present.
just use homebrew to unlock the clock speed to improve most the 3DS library framerates and performance (no not custom firmware or pirating games simple user side easy homebrew)

as far as im aware DS games should run exactly the same as it has native DS hardware/support.
>>
>>25610565
>Iying on the internet
>>
>>25610565
>the games just run faster on the regular DS/DSI.
That's the placebo effect for you.
Generation 4 as whole was extremely slow and the 3DS showed no signs of slowdown or input lag in either resolution it provided. Unless you've broken your 3DS in some kind of unfathomable way they should run fine the same way on both systems.

I'll say it again, they were just slow and that's why people complain about them.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.