[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I hear a lot of people complaining about smogon, that they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
So I hear a lot of people complaining about smogon, that they ban too many pokemon and teams are all to similar. I then look at vgc '16, where there are less bans and everyone is literally playing the same team. So banning too many pokemon is no good but banning too few is also a problem.

So what is a good balance between too many bans and too few? How do you determine how healthy a format is and how would you build a format that has diversity and variety of strategies?
>>
The people at VGC are just really shit and full of pussies who don't have the balls to make an anti-meta team.
>>
>>25610357
The truth is, the way the format is presented you need kyogre or groudon. Their primals are just too powerful. For your next legendary, because you are going to use two of the restricted pokemon, you have 13 to choose from but xerneas, raquaza, yveltal and dialga are probably the best choices. So almost 100% of teams will have those 2 of those 6 pokemon. From there you can try doing any counter meta crap you want but gimmicks don't seems as strong as the raw power of say mega-mom or the sleep control of smeargle.
>>
>>25610468
Playing anti-meta isn't too difficult though. There are a few nice restricted slots that can take on specific threats. Ho-oh can take anything from Xerneas and special Groudon (and physical Groudon if no rock slide), Palkia has a good matchup against both Primals, and so on. I think people are just being overly cautious with this new meta, with this mindset that you have to go standard or you'll fail. I was using a primal Kyogre team early on and got demolished game after game, then switched to a no-primal team (Yveltal+Palkia with mega mawile) and have since gone up to 1700s on BS, and I'm far from a pro player, so it's not impossible.
>>
>>25610642
But there still is a problem that every team has two of 15 legendary pokemon.
>>
>>25610252
who really cares, someone will be upset no matter what format theyre given

play what makes (You) happy
>>
Rotate out the pokemon that are used most often. Like skim off the top 10-30 in usage every month. Then after you've done that a few times add them back in a random order until its the full roster again. Rinse, repeat.
>>
>>25610252
Post more shotas.
>>
No legends, blaziken only, final destination
>>
>>25612352
So you want a format that is constantly changing every month and some months are horrible because something like mega-rayquaza was unbanned but its counters were not.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.