[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone else here NEVER found a shiny pokemon? Really, I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9
Has anyone else here NEVER found a shiny pokemon?
Really, I've played every half game and it's 3rd version, played through the postgame, even tried to complete the pokedex a few times in them, and I've never come across a shiny.

It feels like everyone else has encountered a shiny at some point, even people who don't play that much. I feel like I must be the most unlucky person.
>>
I haven't but I'm pretty casual
>>
>>25610179
It could be worse. The first shiny I ever saw took me almost ten years, and it was in the Safari Zone. It ran on the first turn.

Anyway, if you're that desperate, just do repeated horde battles in XY or ORAS. With the higher Gen VI shiny rate and five encounters at once, it shouldn't take that long. I tried that once, took about an hour to find one. Or even easier, try chain fishing. I've done chain fishing three times, each time found a shiny within half an hour.
>>
>>25610179
I've seen ONE legitimately
but I never caught it because it was so weak and my pokemon were far over leveled beyond it
>>
File: Tony.png (410 KB, 1085x935) Image search: [Google]
Tony.png
410 KB, 1085x935
>tfw found 4 shiny pokemon in one day
>>
I caught a shiny garados in gen 2
>>
>>25610179
Found a Shiny Mamoswine in Black
Found a Shiny Aron in Black 2
Found another shiny Aron in Black 2 the next day in the same area
Found a Shiny Skorupi in X

I think I might have come across others, but can't remember.
>>
Went at least to the post e4 for every gen and I just now bred a shiny cottonee
>>
I caught a Shiny meowth yesterday in fire red
>>
>>25610179
>tried
Are you no longer trying to complete the dex and you haven't completed it, pleb?
>>
I was playing through HG a few weeks back and got a shinny Rattata. I was surprised but not all that excited.

Currently playing through White hoping to find some.
>>
The only shiny I encountered until gen 6 was the poochyena you had to save birch from in rs.
Then I've found 4 shiny bellsprouts in xy and nothing more
>>
>>25610179
Got a shiny Sentret in Crystal, a Buizel in Pearl, and a Beartic in White. Chain-fished for a Poliwhirl and also randomly got a Luvdisc while hunting for Heart Scales in X. Ended up Wonder Trading it.
>>
it'll come eventually unless you're just a gigantic casual
>>
File: 1440193519081.jpg (67 KB, 391x340) Image search: [Google]
1440193519081.jpg
67 KB, 391x340
>>25610179
>tfw I found 2 shinies (Unown and Parasect) in one week in Fire Red.

That must be the most luckiest thing to ever happen to me in a video game.
>>
File: 250px-590Foongus.png (47 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-590Foongus.png
47 KB, 250x250
My first shiny was a rattata in Gold, at the point where you have no pokeballs yet.

My second shiny was another rattata in Crystal, on the same route, at the same point where you have no pokeballs yet.

Years later, I finally caught my first shiny in Y, and it's a fucking pokeball.
>>
>>25610179
assuming you aren't just a casualfag, it's actually more likely at this point that you've seen a shiny, but didn't realize it/killed it without looking/etc.

how often do you play while also watching TV or dicking around online?
>>
>>25610179
lets be honest, there is technically a chance you never find one, but more than likely you just haven't played enough.

I've played through each region at least 5+ times (minus kalos), and found about 15-20 shiny legit. So put that into comparison.
>>
In the same boat OP

Literally the only shiny I've ever seen in game was that espeon in fire red battle tower and I've played through the games in each gen multiple times

Never really got into the postgames until x/y though so maybe that's why
>>
If you're a repel whore then your chances of finding one decrease dramatically.
>>
>Tfw got shiny Quagsire and Suicune from wonder trade a few days ago
>>
>>25610179
Found a shiny cubone in XY. Was pretty cool.
>>
>>25610179
I've found 3 on the wild completely randomly and hatched 15-20 since Gen 4. I've also found 2 with radar chains back in Pearl just to see what it was all about. Oh, and a Feebas from chain fishing in ORAS.
>>
>>25610382
which letter.
>>
>>25610179
one time when playing crystal i tried to go catch the red gyrados without saving and i ended up killing it because i was out of balls. So i went back to mahogany town Defeated and fucking pissed and on the way i ran into a shiny sentret.

>no balls

Im still salty
>>
I've come across a lot but the best was a shiny Lunatone in Emerald inside Meteor Falls. Shit was cash yo
>>
Thousands of hours, played every game, farm friend safaris for weeks for breeding tons of mons...only one shiny. Shiny Dragalge from chain fishing...but it feels like chain fishing is like cheating...i just want a really random shiny encouter :(
>>
Only one I have ever seen was a shiny Starling I chained for in Platinum and I've been playing since Blue so I know that feel OP
>>
File: ShinyMareep15.jpg (2 MB, 3216x2104) Image search: [Google]
ShinyMareep15.jpg
2 MB, 3216x2104
>not getting 2 at once

Step it up.
>>
I've played through 4 games, bred about 500 eggs and haven't even encountered a shiny.
>>
my shines:

onix in crystal
igglybuff in crystal from the odd egg
minun in emerald in the battle pyramid ;_;
duosion in white
female combee in y in friend safari
lanturn in alpha sapphire
>>
>>25610179
Off topic but I had a dream last night my shiny mega beedrill and I fought an evil wizard. And beedrill ironically got speared through the body and didn't make it. It was really fucking sad. I just needed to tell someone.

But on topic, don't worry OP. You'll get one someday. And when you do it'll be great. I didn't find my first shiny until 5th gen (except for red gyarados obv).
>>
Been playing Pokémon since gen1 (I know they were introduced in Gen 2) and still haven't found a shiny.

>Only shines I have been wondered traded to me
>I'll never get the feel/rush of encountering one
>>
>>25610179
Yeah I've never seen a shiny, other than guaranteed ones from events. I think they're a myth.
>>
I've encountered like 5 of them but oddly enough none on my favourite and most-layed game FireRed
>>
>>25610179
>playing through crystal
>surfing over to kanto
>shiny fucking tentacool
>phone call from bill: "hey buddy better switch those boxes when you get the chance haha bye"
>same thing happens in the same game in kanto with a shiny nidorino
I think that might have honestly been my angriest moment as a child.
>>
Wasn't there a screenshot floating around of the minccino in the opening to B2W2 being shiny? Was that legit?
>>
My first ever shiny was a fucking Magikarp in HeartGold. It was fucking disappointing since the game just hands you the Red Gyarados. Just yesterday I caught my second ever shiny which was a Ditto from Friend Safari. It has good stats, but its a shame since you only see its shininess for only a few seconds in the battle.
>>
Ran across a shiny Tentacool back in Gen 3, unfortunately I had no idea what the fuck it was. Only time I've seen a shiny.

However, I ran through Emerald a few months back and got Pokerus on a Latios I was EV training, so I consider my luck to be just fine.
>>
>>25610179
>tfw actually got to keep a rental shiny in PBR
>>
>>25611665
Yes that can happen.
>>
File: 582b.gif (78 KB, 168x135) Image search: [Google]
582b.gif
78 KB, 168x135
my first shiny was a fucking vannilite
>>
Pretty much every shiny I've ever seen was in that small amount of time before you get pokeballs

It's a, what, maybe 18 year string of bad luck?
>>
Shiny Zubat in Silver
Shiny Onix in Crystal
Shiny Vulpix in LeafGreen
Shiny Gastly in Platinum
Like 2 boxes of shinies in X from breeding, Friend Safari and Hordes
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 1280x1280
>>25610243
>tfw 14 in one day last saturday, no FS
>>
File: 45.png (7 KB, 496x332) Image search: [Google]
45.png
7 KB, 496x332
I found a shiny hoppip while trying to find a chansey in pokemon silver

and I recently found this during my /vp/ challenge run
>>
>using a lot of breeding to fill out my livedex to transfer to S/M
>using my foreign ditto to do it
>hatched three shinies of random species just today
Masuda method, bruh.

Barring that, just go fish-chain a shiny up, pop that alternate palette cherry. Takes like 30 minutes.
>>
>>25610179
I caught one in emerald once but that was the first and liste time I ever saw a shiny in the wild without chaining. However I have the fucker in your image, three of them through shiny breeding. I chained and bred many others too
>>
>started breeding for shiny Roselia after
>60 eggs after finishing IV and Egg Move breeding, shiny hatches
>perfect IV placement and female to boot
>start working on shiny Treecko
>get to the 4th Egg Move
>shiny Treecko hatches
>super shitty IVs

At least I got to use that Treecko in my AS run
>>
Once i got my Mudkip and pokeballs in Omega Sapphire i went into the grass and the first pokemon was a shiny Poochyena. It evolved and was in my team the whole game, never forget.
>>
>>25615442
>>hatched three shinies of random species just today
how the fuck? I hatched like 10 boxes of Torchic the last few days and I've gotten only normies out of it
>>
File: dp.png (99 KB, 204x197) Image search: [Google]
dp.png
99 KB, 204x197
>>25616027
FUCKING NORMIES GET OFF MY BIKE
RRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>25610179
Shiny Graveler. You can guess what happened next.
>>
>>25610179

I've been playing almost religiously going on 20 years and I've yet to see one.

I don't even think my odd egg hatched into one.
>>
>>25616235
kek
>>
>>25616235
... I actually had to laugh but I'm sorry anon, I feel your pain
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.