[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many Pokemon are they going to make before there's too
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
How many Pokemon are they going to make before there's too much? Eventually they're have going to have made a Pokemon of every useful stat/type combination so new Pokemon will either be useless or it will fill the same role as another Pokemon that already exists. What are they going to do at that point? Keep adding new mechanics/types/etc to keep making the game more complex forever? I have a hard time imaging living in a world with 2,000+ Pokemon... Or could they stop with Pokemon and start over with a new franchise that's more of a spiritual successor to Pokemon?
>>
>>25609638
New franchise is stupid.
>>
>>25609638
>they're have going to have
Sorry for my bad English... I'm tired.
>>
>>25609638
You can never get enough of Pokémon, if you feel otherwise. It's better, that you stop playing while Pokémon is still in 700 species of Pokémon.
>>
>>25609649
It's better, that you stop playing while Pokémon is still in the 700 species of Pokémon.
>>
They'll start introducing less new Pokemon and more mega-evolutions (so that it doesn't feel like they've added too little Pokemon). Assuming they add about 70 more per generation and a new generation comes every 3-4 years, that will still be another 12-16 years before we even hit 1000 Pokemon.
>>
>>25609719
mega-evolutions is going to kill the Pokémon franchise.
>>
>>25609742
If Mega-evolutions haven't already killed the franchise for you then they're not going to make it any worse.
>>
>>25609638
>Or could they stop with Pokemon and start over with a new franchise that's more of a spiritual successor to Pokemon?

Lol no. Take an example from BW. A shit ton of Pokemon that didn't conflict with old ones because GF knew what they were doing by not putting old gen Pokes until the post game. Once everyone was familiar with the new ones, they mixed together with the old ones in BW2
>>
>>25609638
>stop with Pokemon
Not until it stops selling

Hopefully, they will do what they did in xy, which is make less new pokemon and more updates to the game itself

Honestly, because they always did as little as they could get away with every gen, they have pretty much an infinite room for more sequels, especially if they continue to pad out the progress

"Hey look, now your pokemon can follow you again, welp, that's enough to sell a generation, next time we'll do rideable pokemon and everyone will loose their shit "

As far as too much pokemons - they'll probably lower it to 50-60 new ones every gen so the roster doesn't get to big
>>
>>25609638
Ideally I want 1000 Pokemon. No more than that. Would be happy to have the series stop at an even 1000.
>>
>>25609796
It would be 1001 and you know it.
>>
>>25609777
I loved that whole mechanic. Made the game feel fresh. It wasn't a scavenger hunt to find the porkymans you wanted, but rather it was a journey, where you could start as a bright eyed little kid with your first pokemon game again.
>>
>>25609824
Essentially a reboot
>>
>>25609836
Exactly. It was a reboot without actually losing the old content. It was great.
>>
>>25609777
I felt that deliberately making BW new Pokemon only meant that lots of Pokemon ended up feeling like dex filler. They ended up make Unova versions of already existing gen 1 Pokemon and they had a lot of 2- and 3-stage evolutions that really could have been condensed into 1- or 2-stage evolutions. In hindsight, it just resulted in a ton of forgettable Pokemon.
>>
>>25609767
I don't care about the mega evolution concept. It's the fact, that it is ruining the chances for more new interesting Pokémon.
>>
>>25609836
Pokémon Black and White, Pokémon X and Y were reboots.
>>
>>25609915
This but they both failed at rebooting the series
>>
>>25609903
They've already made 700 Pokemon. They're running out of concepts to base Pokemon on. I mean there are already 3 fire fox pokemon.

I'd rather have fewer, quality Pokemon. And rather than just making a carbon copy of an older Pokemon, they should just give it a Mega.
>>
>>25609915
>X and Y
>Reboots
>Only 70 new Pokemon
>A lot of Gen I pandering

Evaluate your statement m8
>>
They're just gonna keep churning them out, regardless of how inferior and useless it makes previously imagined creatures.

I don't see what's stopping them other than some fans saying "omg there's too many pokemon!!" but that's mostly the idiots that don't realize the fucking point is that there's an absurd amount of them to collect.
>>
>>25609937
Actually, didn't think of them as reboots.
>>
there's no such thing as too many Pokemon. The more the better.
>>
>>25609946
A Pokémon can be anything.
I think, It's about time for you give up on the Pokémon franchise, since you are feeling that way.
>>
>>25609946
>carbon copy of an older Pokemon

This is just retarded. Pokemon based off the same animals is common. If you can show me a few examples of different species of Pokemon that look the EXACT same as one another, then Ill retract my statement

>>25610018
This
>>
>>25610018
I know right. only fans of the Pokémon species can see that fact.
>>
>>25609969
I don't think of them as reboots to the Pokémon. I was just repeating, what other sources say what They were.
>>
>>25610035
I meant, true fans of the Pokémon species.
>>
File: 0cc.gif (1 MB, 165x115) Image search: [Google]
0cc.gif
1 MB, 165x115
>>25610048
Apart from BW, your sources are wrong pal
>>
>>25610028
>>25610031
But what's the point of a new Pokemon if an existing Pokemon already fills the role? I don't dislike the "rehashed" pokemon but I do think that they're unnecessary. It's not even like rehashed Pokemon are a recent thing only, even gen 1 had two Pokemon based on the same animal.

We've already got plenty of Pokemon, there's nothing wrong with Game Freak making fewer new Pokemon if it means that they can make other areas of the game better. Just because I think that Game Freak should make less new Pokemon designs, it doesn't mean that I'm le ebil genwunner who hates new things.
>>
There should be over 3000 by the end of this century.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.