[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Theory Thread here we go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
Alright /vp/, given that the pokemon games are themed around what the professors area of study is, what do you think Gen 7 will involve?

gen 1 - Professor Oak of the Kanto region, who studies the relationships between Pokémon and humans.
gen 2 - Professor Elm of the Johto region, who studies Pokémon breeding patterns.
gen 3 - Professor Birch of the Hoenn region, who studies Pokémon habitats.
gen 4 - Professor Rowan of the Sinnoh region, who studies Pokémon evolution.
gen 5 - Professor Juniper of the Unova region, who studies the origins of Pokémon.
gen 6 - Professor Sycamore of the Kalos region, who studies Mega Evolution and change.
gen 7 - Professor _______ of the ____ region, who studies _______.

given how almost all except gen 4 and 5 (maybe 3) delved into what the professor researched, what would be the new dynamic?

Researching the burst hearts? Researching primal reversion?
>>
>>25609221
fusion
>>
File: output_9mxdmM.gif (4 MB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
output_9mxdmM.gif
4 MB, 480x480
Professor Palmtree: A nigger from the Hawaii region who studies the Darwinian evolution and timeline of Pokemon while making a bunch of jokes and nods to previous entries of the series because muh 20th anniversary

Screencap this, my Game Freak works for dad
>>
>>25609221
>that bitch between juniper and birch
one of these things is not like the others~
>>
File: M Bison Yes.jpg (82 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
M Bison Yes.jpg
82 KB, 1920x1080
>>25609221
That thick professor Ivy.
>>
No idea what they'll be studying, but I'd put money on Professor Palm for S&M.
>>
>>25609221
>gen 4 - Professor Rowan of the Sinnoh region, who studies Pokémon evolution.
BTFO with mega evolution
>>
>>25609292
Damn. Didn't even think about this. I wonder what he has to say able legends mega evolving.
>>
>>25609321

I'm sure we'll find out in the eventual D/P remakes.
>>
>>25609221
Gen 7 - Professor Eucalyptus of the Hololu region, who studies Ancient Pokemon history and civilizations

Screen cap this gents
>>
>>25609221
>Oak is the first professor, so he represents the bond between the player and the game
>Elm and Rowan were introduced in generations that introduced Babies and Cross-Gen evolutions
>Birch represents the worst region and how the habitat can get in your way of having a fun time
>Juniper represents the soft-reboot feel of BW, the start of something new
>Sycamore studies Megas, self-explanatory

How clever
>>
File: uHEi68i.jpg (108 KB, 605x1004) Image search: [Google]
uHEi68i.jpg
108 KB, 605x1004
>>25609321
>>25609326
>>
>>25609355

Yes, that's my point. The remakes will take place in the Mega-universe.
>>
>>25609354
>Birch represents the worst region and how the habitat can get in your way of having a fun time
You're the reason why modern Pokemon now has really short routes and so much handholding.
>>
>>25609334
Professor Palm fits better.

>captcha: Palm Trees
>>
>>25609374
When I've seen the 34th Tentacool and Pelipper, I'd like to move the fuck on

Sorry I triggered you. Difficulty ≠ half the region being ocean
>>
>>25609389
>I don't know what repels are
It's not even like they're expensive since the game throws money at you.
>>
>mfw Professor Palm confirmed for Sun/Moon

expectations: he's a big islander looking dude with radical tattoos on his exposed arms
what we'll likely get: white surfer dude with messy hair and bad tan
>>
>>25609433

I'm actually thinking that Prof. Palm (which I agree is the obvious name choice) will be a woman. No basis for that, just sounds about right.
>>
>>25609421
>Have to waste my money buying items just so I can have a fun time

I'd rather go through Kanto for the 50th time. Or Sinnoh for some actual difficulty, I guess
>>
File: moana.0.0.jpg (144 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
moana.0.0.jpg
144 KB, 1280x720
>>25609433
Alright, I'm extremely hype for a Hawaii based region. I could care less that we just got Hoenn, GF would execute the Hawaiian theme right
>>
>>25609463
>Having to waste my money buying Pokeballs so I can catch em all
>Having to waste my money so I can heal my Pokemon away from a Pokemon Center
Money exists in the game for a reason, you don't need to be Jewish with it.

Hoenn isn't exactly difficult to traverse, you get a map of the region given to you. It's only real problem is that it requires 3 water HMs (admittedly one of them is only used in two places in the game, but even 2 water HMs is still too many). The West-half of the region was actually pretty good. There were plenty of shortcuts you could take so that "backtracking" never really took more than a minute on foot. And you'd end up getting Fly by the time that backtracking on foot would take a substantial amount of time. Sinnoh had a great region too. Then Unova ended up being shit (although BW2 did improve it).
>>
What if Professor Palm is a large Hawaiin looking woman. I'd be down with the thickness
>>
i did not read your post

Oak>Rowan>Sycamore>Elm>Birch>Juniper
>>
>>25609321
It actually already has a place in his theory. According to him, Legendary Pokemon don't evolve because they believe themselves to be the pinnacle of themselves, but if they suddenly wanted more, or needed more, power/speed/or whatever, then they too would evolve.
>>
>>25609504
saaammee
>>
>>25610269
So you mean to tell me that between Colress and Professor Rowan, they may have been planning Mega Evolutions since at least Gen 4? Holy fuck.
>>
>>25609263
at least Ivy has the decency to wear a white coat, look at that fucking Rowan, what an edgelord.
>>
>>25609277
>Those half-open eyes
More like that bored Professor Ivy
>>
>>25613578
those are bedroom eyes anon
>>
>>25609383
Palmetto sounds cuter.
>>
>>25613706
I'd never thought I'd see this shit outside of tf2 general
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.