[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There is now a hold item that acts as a fifth move slot. Would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1408296932502.gif (521 KB, 500x310) Image search: [Google]
1408296932502.gif
521 KB, 500x310
There is now a hold item that acts as a fifth move slot. Would this change the metagame?
>>
>>25608865
Obviously.
>>
>>25608865

That's actually a fairly interesting idea. Give up the item slot for a fifth move. Could create some fun possibilities.
>>
>>25608865
Yes.
>>
>>25608904
/thread
>>
Gengar gets even more annoying

Taunt
WoW
Disable
Substitute
Shadow ball/Sludge Wave
>>
>>25608865
The hold Item is the TM of the move, limiting move 5 to a TM move
>>
>>25608968

but now has no focus sash, so if you outspeed it, it's pretty easy to handle
>>
File: togekiss.gif (100 KB, 93x60) Image search: [Google]
togekiss.gif
100 KB, 93x60
My bro suffers less
>>
>>25609034
Yeah but if you manage to get a safe switch in and get it behind a sub. It can be a real bitch to get around with all those status moves.
>>
>>25609014
That seems a bit overpowered if it can be just -any- TM. In my opinion, it would seem more balanced if the pokemon can actually learn the move
Although, without the restriction, it could make the game a bit more interesting
>>
I want an item that negates the ability so we can have true Gen 1 battles in S/M with the ability to transfer over

It would be even cooler if it made the moves function as they did in Gen 1
>>
>>25609034
That assumes that the Gengar is sent out/switches in on a Pokemon that can KO it. If it switches into a wall that relies on Toxic spam then you're forced to switch out. And then Gengar has a chance to deploy its sub, will-o-wisp your sweeper, disable, etc.
>>
>>25609084
I should have specified *online battles
>>
>>25609084
>actually liking gen 1 Wrap and Sleep mechanics
>>
>>25608865
Prankster's get a big buff in VGC.
>>
doesn't everyone use knock off anyway, the slot would just be lost in the first turn.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.