[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people RIGHT NOW who hate Mega Evolutions and hope
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 84230985983654657.jpg (44 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
84230985983654657.jpg
44 KB, 480x360
>there are people RIGHT NOW who hate Mega Evolutions and hope they are removed in Sun and Moon
How can you hate Mega Evolution? How?! It was an innovative and well-thought out mechanic that breathed new life into old Pokémon to make them more relevant. It allowed them to be more viable in battles. It also expanded upon the lore and opened up many new possibilities. Plus there are still many Pokémon that absolutely NEED Mega Evolutions, mostly the Johto starters and Flygon! Getting rid of Mega Evolution is one of the worst possible things that GameFreak could do at this point.
>>
Most people who hate Mega Evolutions don't necessarily hate them as a concept, but hate the way they were implemented.

>and Flygon!

Subtle.
>>
execution has been a shitshow so far
>>
Are they innovative though? They're just more forme changes with a special label slapped on it. I think they just introduced this feature so they can keep marketing old Pokemon. Why else would barely any gen 6 and 5 Pokemon have them?
>>
>>25608829
This is what I've been saying since they've been introduced, and the reason I don't considering Megas new Pokemon
>>
>>25608798
>Most people who hate Mega Evolutions don't necessarily hate them as a concept, but hate the way they were implemented.
This
>poor distro
>actual good mons receiving actual good, borderline-broken megas
>very few shitmons receiving good megas
>said shitmons have to compete for megaslot with superior megas of already superior pokemon
>ugly or nonsensical design
>literally a digimon powerup
>>
>>25608829
>Why else would barely any gen 6 and 5 Pokemon have them?
Because they don't suffer from bad stat distros and low BSTs
>>
>>25608766
They are pointless, if you wanted high stat mons just play in ubers. I just dont see the point of them as all they did was fuck up the metagame for nonlegendaries.
>>
>>25608766
>This entire post
Sure smells like leddit in here!
>>
I don't hate Megas.
I hate that Pokemon that SHOULD be receiving traditional evolutions are receiving megas instead.

I'm afraid that eevee is the only past-gen pokemon that will get a normal evolution ever again.
>>
>>25608885
You forgot that Rayquaza already started breaking rules about how Megas should work before the gen even ended
>>
>>25608885

It improved some seriously shitty mons too.

>Alakazam
>Loppuny
>Fucking charizard
>Gardevoir
>Manetric
>Medicham
>Pinsir
>Gallade
>Pidgeot
>Heracross

All got new life breathed into them. So some stronger mons did too but that don't matter.
These mons are all in ou and bl in smgon tiers. They were all uu or nu before.
>>
File: Disapproval Turtle.png (33 KB, 545x500) Image search: [Google]
Disapproval Turtle.png
33 KB, 545x500
>If M-Aerodactyl is any indication, Mega Fossil Pokemon won't lose their rock typing in favor of whatever their type would originally have been (such as Grass/Water for Cradily).
>>
>>25609000
There are a vocal section of fans who absolutely hated what Gen II and IV did with cross-gen evolutions because it "ruined" their bro or that eviolite is the culprit.

I wouldn't mind some new branches on existing lines if this either might even have a tiny kernel of truth.
>>
File: froslass.gif (181 KB, 66x79) Image search: [Google]
froslass.gif
181 KB, 66x79
>>25609104
This, branched evolutions are still capable of being a thing. I guess Game Freak just isn't interested in boosting Pokemon anymore when they can take the original designs and slap on a couple new details. A shame, but understandable. I do prefer cross-gen evolutions to Megas

Rhyperior could've probably been a good Mega though
>>
>>25609066
>If M-Aerodactyl is any indication

It isn't, because it's the only example. M-Aerodactyl also literally became covered in rocks when it evolved.
>>
>>25609104
Yes, vocal.
Not large.
Vocal.
Anyway, the only ones to get large amounts of hate are fat ones like Magmortar. Stuff like Yanmega were praised. They could always just make more good looking evos based on what was successful before.
>>
>>25609141
Exactly.

>>25609177
Absolutely. Never said a large group, just a loud one. I agree though, the majority of cross gen evolutions were absolutely fine. One of them happens to be one of my bros.
>>
>>25609104
It's a mixed bag. I hate Ambipom and Rhyperior, but Magnezone and Magmortar are fucking awesome.
>>
File: 1440761080210.png (94 KB, 600x860) Image search: [Google]
1440761080210.png
94 KB, 600x860
>>25608766
>>
>>25609209
Right. Weavile, Electivire, and Gliscor were all staples of my in-game team back in Gen IV but was disappointed by Rhyperior.

It's all completely subjective though. It's not like cross-gen evolutions are the only thing to get up in arms or complacent about. With 700+ pokemon and a large fanbase, there are going to be groups of people who like or hate a particular mon.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.