[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I really under appreciated these games. The main problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: DP.png (780 KB, 941x470) Image search: [Google]
DP.png
780 KB, 941x470
I think I really under appreciated these games. The main problem was the frequency of wild encounters and the slow battle system, but that really ignores everything cool it did. It had a dedicated lore, kept fresh enough despite relying on older games, had great designs, decent characters (as far as Pokémon goes) and was just all around a well implemented version of the formula.
I think I like them more now because everything after their generation has been bad
>>
>>25608762
Literally the only good thing to come from it was the split.
The Lore was too out of place for pokemon and the legends went above and beyond what pokemon should have been. Not to mention that gameplay wise it took several steps backwards in removing aspects of secret bases and contests and for some odd reason it brought back the Vs.Seeker when something like trainer's eyes or an integrated Seeker app on the Poketch would have sufficed.
On the note of the Poketch out was extremely useless outside of three apps, to the point where players had to break the game to make it useful.

I don't think you realise how bad these games we're.
>>
>>25608762
When they came out they were fine. People like to bitch about muh slow engine now but back then nobody gave a shit because it was finally an online game and it has more Pokemon and a new region like everyone typically gets excited for.

I was far less enthusiastic about Platinum (to this day I still haven't done any of Platinum's post game) because most of it is rehashed bullshit from DP.
>>
>>25608762
>It had a dedicated lore

That's one way of saying it, sure. You could also say it was fucking dumb.
>>
>>25608850
Getting rid of contests isn't that bad. RSE got rid of you being able to make Pokémon balls and Pokémon catching contests, and the entire day night cycle. That stuff isn't going to make me call a game bad. And if I remember correctly, didn't it just make it so Secret Bases are underground instead of being on the overworld?
>>
>>25608879
>I was far less enthusiastic about Platinum (to this day I still haven't done any of Platinum's post game) because most of it is rehashed bullshit from DP.
Platinum has bonus stuff.
>>
>>25608941
It was $35 anon
>>
>>25608762
I agree, but Platinum did everything better and at least Platinum gets the respect it deserves.

>>25608850
>out of place lore
I'll grant the the legends are a bit grandiose, but Sinnoh has the most well-built mythology of any region. There's even a goddamn library where you can read all the crazy shit that may ro may not have happened in this region.
>feature removal
RSE started the trend of removing features from past games; DP can't be faulted for feature removal any more than gens 3-6.

>>25608906
DPPt had contests, they were just different. However RSE's were simpler and better for it.
>>
>>25608952
>He doesn't have an extra $35
What are you, a kid?
>>
>>25608952
Platinum had the most bonus content of any third game in the series up until that point. It was essentially the quintessential version of Sinnoh now, the only reason to disregard it at all is because you got Diamond or Pearl at launch

Now there hasn't been a third version since Platinum
>>
>>25608974
I'm not gonna spend $35 for "some bonus stuff." I have a hard time morally justifying $4 for a Smash character
>>
>>25608971
>but Sinnoh has the most well-built mythology of any region

That doesn't make it any less stupid, though.
>>
>>25609011
That point is subjective. His isn't.
>>
>>25608991
What, do you not have a job?
>>
>get a Pearl cartridge for ~12$ from a friend's friend 2 weeks ago
>pretty excited desu
>SR for a shiny Piplup cause I'm one of THOSE autists
>get it
>start the game knowing very well it's known for being slow af
>first gym was ez pz with Piplup and a Machop
>this ain't so bad mang
>go over to Eterna
>didn't want to waste a party slot for another generic regional bird
>have literally nothing to take on grass
>go east to get pretty much the only fire type so far available
>it only learns the half-decent Flame Wheel on Platinum what the fug
>stuck with shitty Ember on a physical attacker such as Ponyta

Please tell me this is a common occurrence. The early selection of Pokemons is fucking terrible I swear.
>>
Favorite gen desu.
>>
>>25609808
>Pokemons
>mons
>s
>>
>>25609864
I'm sorry, Pokémen*
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.