[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come pokemon with human-level or higher intelligence haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
File: aracasamu.png (1 MB, 1233x1196) Image search: [Google]
aracasamu.png
1 MB, 1233x1196
How come pokemon with human-level or higher intelligence haven't usurped homo sapiens as the dominant species of the pokemon world?
>>
Because they're smart enough not to.
>>
>>25607922
Wrap it up. Thread over.
>>
Paper-thin defense. Or what this guy said
>>25607922
>>
All the humans are actually mew, ditto and zoroark who forgot they were pokemon and now think they are really humans
>>
>>25607910
>intelligence=wanting power and control
You are one immature human.
>>
File: DecrepitLab[1].png (39 KB, 480x312) Image search: [Google]
DecrepitLab[1].png
39 KB, 480x312
>An abandoned lab built by humans long ago. Left to fall into disrepair, it is now home to Pokémon.

>Implying that's not exactly what happened in the Mystery Dungeon timeline
>>
Humanity is evil.
Evil is Dark.
Dark is immune to Psychic.
>>
>>25608005
>tfw you will never go on an adventure to save the world with a qt pokemon friend
>>
>>25607910
Because so much as blowing on an Alakasam will kill it five times over.

Brains may beat brawn but you got to have at least a little brawn for the brain to use.

Also you have to keep in mind that canonically the Pokedex entries were written by ten year olds.
>>
>>25608094
>Also you have to keep in mind that canonically the Pokedex entries were written by ten year olds.

Nice meme.

It's stated in every game when you get the Pokedex that it automatically records data on Pokemon. Meaning that it writes itself.
>>
>>25607910

Decent answer here.

Because all of Alakazams intelligence goes towards his psychic abilities. Manipulating physics takes some serious fucking mental power.
>>
>>25608005
Oh shit
>>
Pokedex

>Alakazam's brain continually grows, making its head far too heavy to support with its neck. This Pokémon holds its head up using its psychokinetic power instead.

>While it has strong psychic abilities and high intelligence, an Alakazam's muscles are very weak. It uses psychic power to move its body.

The price of Alakazam's strong psychic powers and high intelligence is that it can't even hold its head up or move its body on its own, it has to rely on its psychic powers to do so.
>>
>>25608094
>Le pokedex is fake meme
Get a load of this faggot.
>>
Even pokemon with above human intelligence can be beaten by other pokemon. If humans were the first to build an army of pokemon, it wouldn't matter how smart an alakazam is. Maybe humans have an office that monitors pokemon to make sure there is no uprising. If a psychic type were trying to start a revolution the would kill the whole line.
>>
>>25607910
Humans literally have the supernatural power to control pokemon, they are literally the master species on the planet as for some unexplained reason these superpowered animals listen to them all the time.

I believe pokeballs are brainwashing devices honeslty. If they are then the humans in pokemon solve the bad pet problem by making every pet obey its owner absolutely with no training required at all. Which explans why so many pokemon even the menacing ones will never ever attack their trainers.
>>
>>25607910
if they're smart they're definitely not homo
>>
Maybe it just doesn't give a fuck.
Like, "Yeah, my species could rule these unevolved meatbags, but they feed me and point me to a vast variety of things I can wail on."
>>
Because they need humans to reproduce to their strongest form.
>>
>>25607910
Naturally submit to their superiors
Also considering human children can fairly easily trap them inside a tiny ball it wouldn't get far
>>
>>25607910
Has it ever occurred to you that total domination isn't the smartest thing to do? Maybe Alakazam are just enlightened and realise that power isn't everything.
>>
File: images-19.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images-19.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>25608320

>Which explans why so many pokemon even the menacing ones will never ever attack their trainers.
>>
It would be interesting if a sufficiently intelligent Psychic Pokemon decided to pull a Team Plasma, only instead of trying to separate people from Pokemon it targeted pokeball manufacturers and attempted to return to an era where Pokemon and humans would have to work out deals or partnerships without the aid of pokeballs.
>>
>>25608572
>actually believing Dennis' Jewish ploy
The whole point of B/W was that there's nothing morally wrong with using Pokeballs. Dennis just wanted to make everyone else release their Pokemon so that he was the only person left with Pokemon and he could easily dominate the world.

Pokemon have no reason to change the current relationship between humans and Pokemon, otherwise they would have done so already.
>>
File: super computer.png (23 KB, 730x206) Image search: [Google]
super computer.png
23 KB, 730x206
>>
*Pull out assault rifle*

BANG BANG BANG

There. Problem solved.
>>
File: Galaxy.jpg (51 KB, 540x538) Image search: [Google]
Galaxy.jpg
51 KB, 540x538
>>25607910
There is no need to take over a tiny little planet in possibly infinite cosmic, full with planets, stars, and galaxies that are thousands times better than Earth.
>>
File: The_Earth_seen_from_Apollo_17.jpg (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
The_Earth_seen_from_Apollo_17.jpg
27 KB, 300x300
>>25607910
The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.
>>
>>25607910
They're not even smart enough to learn more than 4 moves.
>>
>>25607910

>Humans dominate the pokemon world

That's exactly what they want you to think, anon
>>
>>25608835
How have Metagross not taken over the world yet?

>smarter than a supercomputer
>has psychic powers
>body is made of steel
>>
>>25609337
>Humans do all the manual labour
>Metagross get to sit back all day and eat Pokepuffs
Sounds like Metagross are the ones in charge.
>>
>>25608831

I'm not saying that there is, but I think that a sufficiently intelligent Pokemon that didn't believe in a strict isolationist stance would likely come to the conclusion that removing pokeballs from the equation and forcing people and Pokemon to go back to working together without their use would be a preferable alternative.
>>
>>25607999
>intelligence=willingness to be a slave and participate in cockfights which hurt you and your fellow Pokemon.
>>
>>25608061
It all makes sense now...

>>25608117
>it writes itself...

>>25608175
Do you even into physics?
>>
>>25608117
Yeah in the same way the MC presses a "B Button" to run.
>>
>>25607910
shhh
>>
File: Cover.png (586 KB, 485x659) Image search: [Google]
Cover.png
586 KB, 485x659
>>25608290
>be pokemon
>start underground poke army while simulationly undermining human sociaty
They just bide thier time. once their prepertions are over, humanity is doomed.
This will prob be the plot for the new poke game.
>>
>>25608061
Underated post.
>>
>>25608514
>I could dominate the world but I would rather beat little kids for their money every now and then and do nothing in-between
I can understand that
>>
I've always wondered why intelligent Pokémon like Alakazam can't speak with humans. Like, all Pokémon can understand humans, but why don't the ones with a 5000 IQ learn how to speak human languages? Seems like it'd be something they'd master in days.

>>25608572
Now that I think about it, an evil team made up of super intelligent Pokémon controlling other Pokémon would be pretty fucking cool.
>>
>>25607910
Poor breeding habits. Humans breed like no pokemon.
>>
Because there's a prominent form of technology called pokeballs in their universe specifically designed to oppress and control pokemon as a species.
And these tools, capable of permanently restraining any pokemon are available to the degree that a 10 year old can easily afford tens of them.
>>
The dominant species on the planet would be the Chandelure family when everything is said and done. They are the literal top of the food chain. Everything, even humans eventually perish. And when they do, they become fuel for those fuckers.
>>
>>25611427
Not everything. Other ghost pokemon, inorganic pokemon and man legendarily seem immortal.
But yeah people are fucked.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.