[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The official Pokken controller. Am I the only one... concerned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: pokken_02.jpg (537 KB, 650x641) Image search: [Google]
pokken_02.jpg
537 KB, 650x641
The official Pokken controller. Am I the only one... concerned by what I'm seeing?
>>
>>25605795
>not using the wiimote
>>
>>25605795
Concerned? Why?
It's just a simple controller. Looks comfy.
>>
If you are you have never played a fighting game at even a mediocre level.
>>
>>25605795
Why aren't they using a fight stick design? Or something based in the WiiU Pro Controller since they always knew this was going to console.
>>
>>25605795
Eh, not worth the purchase.
>>
>>25605829
Pretty much this. D-pad only seems like a weird decision. And tying it to Pokken sends a "babby's first fighting game" sort of message.
>>
>8 buttons
>uses a 2x2 format instead of a 4x2 format
>Despite being made by HORI

Thats fucking retarded

That's legitimately fucking retarded

What the fuck, HORI.
>>
The gamepad was comfy as fuck for Hyrule Warriors, I'm sure it'll be fine for Pokken
>>
>>25605875
Apparently pokken doesn't use the Z buttons.
>>
>>25605894
isn't there custom hotkeys?
>>
File: pokken-famitsufeat-06.jpg (33 KB, 622x349) Image search: [Google]
pokken-famitsufeat-06.jpg
33 KB, 622x349
it's modeled after the arcade controller
>>
>>25605894

The design pretty much guarantees that it's shit for future fighting games

May aswell just dual-mod your existing stick. Will probably be cheaper too.
>>
>>25605863
Dpads are literally only used in high level fighting game play what are you talking about
>>25605875
Tekken is a 4button game bro shouldn't pokken be too?
>>
>>25605928
It still bothers me that they made the arcade controller like that. Its so stupid. Just use the same kind of control scheme as every other arcade fighter.
>>
>>25605945

It should be viable for all fighting games, not just one

>Dpads are literally only used in high level fighting game play
I have no idea how people use the analog stick when the D-Pad gives so much more control. Not to mention, Analog sticks have deadzones.
>>
>>25605928
wait the arcade controller has no ZL and ZR but they added them anyway for this? or are they on the back
>>
>>25605969
But it's only made for one and I'm going to use a stick for any other game that matters.

Imean I get what you're saying but it's not like this thing is going to work with other consoles.
>>
>>25606009

True true
>>
I remember playing gen III games with a Gamecube controller. Good times, good times
>>
>>25605795
why does it need a unique controller? This provides nothing the gamepad doesn't already offer.
>>
>>25606000
Well the arcade isn't a wiiU and they probably realised players don't want to change controllers every time they want to press zl or zr
>>
>>25606098

HORI parts are typically superior

The D-Pad is also guaranteed to be way better
>>
>>25606098
It doesn't but it's nicer to use a controller with a fighting game(dpad) in mind.
>>
>>25606168
>>25606189
has anyone ever had any mechanical trouble with the wiiu gamepad? I can understand not liking the size/weight, but it's not like this new controller even has a different layout. It's still face buttons and triggers.

It's not like Smash, where the Wiimote fucking sucks because it lacks parts necessary for play, or other fightan where the fighsticks give you the buttons for each finger, plus an arcade-style stick.

It just seems pointless to force everybody to buy a peripheral just to play your shitty game. And then also not allow local multiplayer. What a cock-up, for real.
>>
>>25605795
Gonna be great for SNES emulation.
>>
>>25605829
Because that doesn't make any sense because the arcade cabinet itself didn't use a stick.
>>
>>25606189
i feel like having an analog stick and a d pad would be better for shifting between phases though, or at least it seems a more natural way of doing it.

having said that, i haven't played so i wouldn't know.
>>
>>25606217

It has local multiplayer, and even LAN support to keep it 60fps

Also, the controller isn't required. If you're a casual player who can't even Sonic Boom, you won't notice a difference. The controller is for everyone else
>>
I, too, am... 'concerned by what I am seeing', as you say.... hm... yes...
>>
>>25606217
>has anyone ever had any mechanical trouble with the wiiu gamepad?
Outside of the battery life, no. It's always personal preference.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.