[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Talonflame now learns Brave Bird, how fucked is the meta?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 250x250
Talonflame now learns Brave Bird, how fucked is the meta?
>>
Any tips for running specific items for Acrobatics? Right now I just mine naked.
>>
>>25605654
Man I wish the Gems weren't removed. There was no reason for their removal if they were going to nerf them into 30% buffs

I guess you can try running some kind of berry if you're desperate. Does it get Sky Attack? Run it with that one herb that makes it one-turn and then Acrobatics the rest of the match
>>
>>25605615
>magcargo exists

not at all
>>
>>25605654
Acrobatics either just goes without an item or you use Natural Gift Ground or Fighting for Heatran/Tyranitar switchins

>>25605685
they probably got buttflustered that they designed an item to so perfectly go with Acrobatics
>>
>>25605654
Bulk Up with Rest and Chesto Berry is fun.
>>
File: froslass.gif (181 KB, 66x79) Image search: [Google]
froslass.gif
181 KB, 66x79
>>25605733
Sounds like the same issue with the Eviolite. Game Freak doesn't think ahead do they?

You know what Pokemon needs more of? Alternate cross-gen evolutions. That completely bypasses the issue of making new evolutions for some Pokemon and doesn't make the Eviolite more viable than it already is
>>
>>25605654
Just keep it without any items so you don't get hosed by Bisharp's Knock Off on the switch. If you run Bulky (and you should) Knock Off won't do enough damage so you can Roost to gain back health and cripple it or whatever your opponent switches to with Will-O-Wisp. Here's the set I've been using:

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
>>
Talonflame can already learn Brave Bird.
>>
Anyway to play in the meta without using Talonflame?
>>
>>25606125
Running a counter-talonflame team.
>>
>>25606066
No? Where did you hear that from?
>>
>>25606177
Is there a counter meta team? I'm just tired of using the same 20 pokes.
>>
>>25606208
Use Genies, Tyranitar, Exca and Rhyperior
>>
>>25606125
Run Goomy. Talonflames faint from its cuteness.
>>
>>25606125
heatran, Ttar, slowbro and smogon wash blow it the fuck out.
>>
>>25606208
Pick the most ridiculously common and super meta team and use it, if you run into something that shits on you then that pokemon is antimeta
>>
>>25606508
Fucking brilliant. I am actually going to do this
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.