[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pic unrelated Is anyone else bored of actually playing Pokemon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: 1457697824938.gif (686 KB, 492x280) Image search: [Google]
1457697824938.gif
686 KB, 492x280
Pic unrelated

Is anyone else bored of actually playing Pokemon? I've been playing since Gold but the last games that I actually enjoyed played were PMD: Sky and Heart Gold.

I really tried to get into Black and X but no win. The breeding and competitive scene is just too dull for me.

>maybe it's really a kids' game
>maybe I'm getting old
>maybe my childhood is really over
>maybe I'm a casual
>>
>>25604587
pic looks like a fucking ayyy lmao
>>
File: 1457540716949.png (870 KB, 880x908) Image search: [Google]
1457540716949.png
870 KB, 880x908
>>25604587
no im not getting bored.
i stopped for a long time after pearl.
bought ORAS and its all a blast again after such a long time in between playing.

from what i read from im sure a self confessed sperg in another topic, im everything thats wrong with human consumer who decides to use some of that consumption on buying pokemon again after so many years.
>>
I still play Maison while waiting for other shit.
>>
>>25604618
I'm just going to interpret it as me being the deep fried Celebi and Ash trying to bring me back to life with interesting games.
>>
>>25604587
Maybe you've played too much.

I took a decade long break from all things Pokemon and came back in awe at the new things.

And then I learnt that a lot of these new things are actually shit, but the point is you'll get bored of anything if you do it for too long.
>>
>>25604587
>competitive
found your problem
>>
File: laining.jpg (1 MB, 3004x1567) Image search: [Google]
laining.jpg
1 MB, 3004x1567
>>25604662
>>25604623
>>
You should always take a break between gens. That's what I do, anyway. I typically stop playing any pokemon game about a month or so before the release of the next game to help get me excited.
>>
>competitive Pokemon
There are far better games out there if you want a competitive game. If you don't enjoy playing through the main storyline then maybe Pokemon isn't the series for you.
>>
>>25604695
I tried competitive after I overplayed the HG story line. The plot in Black was better than I expected but that's about it. I just want a plot that's not on DPPt or XY level.
>>
>>25604695
Funny with how much Game Freak wants to push competitive as the new post-game while not bothering to actually work on a real post game

Honestly I think what would make for a perfect alternative is expanding on Pokemon-Amie and somehow intertwining that with the Pokedex to give more reason complete it while having fun with trying to catch em all in the first place instead of it being trade-bait and shitty RPG mechanics

Also fucking cut it out with the Mythical Pokemon. Literally cancer
>>
File: s3499.jpg (260 KB, 1200x2156) Image search: [Google]
s3499.jpg
260 KB, 1200x2156
>>25604587
Try more spinoffs. Mainline games are too monotone.
The only reason to keep me going in White was a self imposed challenge of beating the game only with Snivy, so I could care more about strategies and choosing my moves with care.

On the other side, Mystery Dungeon games are nice to try out. I played the first and I truly cared for the characters.

Now, if you want to try something more complex, in plot and mechanics, I would recommend you Shin Megami Tensei IV if you have a 3DS. They have the mechanics I've always wanted to see in a Pokemon game.
>>
I know I'm bored of the main series, but not for the gameplay, but rather that there is no real plot. I'm not doing anything for a reason in this game. I had the reverse happen for MD. I love the plot, but the gameplay is too tedious. I finished the postgame plot and got everyone to their final evo, and left it at that. (well, okay, I did a few more missions related to the previous MDs, but that's it) I would say the last time I played something that I was absolutely satisfied with, but I digress. Why can't pokemon have a game that doesn't make me want to bash my head in over all the inconsistencies and how purposeless it all is?
>>
>>25604811
spin-offs are all shit with a pokemon skin plastered onto it
well most of them
>>
>>25604618
it's the goddamn onion fairy
>>
>>25604587
ayylmao
>>
>>25604965
Well, I do like playing shit. If not, I would not play Pokemon.
>>
I just don't know why. I can't be fucked to play any sort of video game lately.
>>
File: 1421213734738.png (475 KB, 627x480) Image search: [Google]
1421213734738.png
475 KB, 627x480
>>25604587
AYY LMAO
>>
File: 1434562409267.png (19 KB, 196x229) Image search: [Google]
1434562409267.png
19 KB, 196x229
>>25604587
Pokemon was fun until all these VGC/Smogon fags showed up out of nowhere and tried to tell me how to play my own game.

Problem is, because they're so widespread now, you can't NOT play their way, and if you try to play online, you'll find nothing but OU trash teams and hacked mons.

Online fucking killed pokemon. It needs a For glory mode so all those competiion faggots who think they have something to prove can just do it there, and leave us fun players in peace.
>>
>>25604965

>Nobunagas ambition
>Shit
>>
>>25605049
ayy
>>
>>25605117
worst version of a nobunaga game
>>
>>25604587
It gets boring because its repetitive and the story always falls flat buuuut thanks to x and y and the established lore i feel as if they're gonna step it up in the story aspect
>>
>>25605138
>X and Y
>Good story

Ugh. the fact people think this makes me sick to my stomach, since when did edgy DEATH LASER OF GENOCIDE make a good plot point? The evil team is bad, the admins and their boss are fucking nuts, its got the most forgettable cast in a pokemon game ever. AZ was just THERE.

Why do you fucking like this piece of shit so much? WHY?!
>>
>>25605100
Gee, anon, it's almost as if people who play online want to win, and certain Pokemon and team structures are better than others.
>>
File: beedrill-mega.gif (126 KB, 86x81) Image search: [Google]
beedrill-mega.gif
126 KB, 86x81
>>25605100
To be fair, what's the point of battling if you're not trying to be the very best?

I don't see much a point in trying to battle in a game with awful competitive balance like Pokemon. Nobody can be a Karenfag when Game Freak intentionally designs some Pokemon to be Aryan Pure Supermen over others
>>
>>25605166
its a kids game, who the fuck cares about winning? the point is to have a good battle and let fate take its course.

Jesus christ its like the streetfighter fags finally got tired of their shit game and invaded us.
>>
>>25605164
Because it had potential. Lysandre was a good villain in my opinion, but they failed to use that potential to not change some features mainline games have written in stone.

>>25605196
Competitive players don't like to have fun.
>>
>>25605208
I'm a competitive player and I like to have fun, though. It's a good thing my favorite battle style and mon are both relevant to competitive play, though.
>>
>>25604587
Nothing is forever op but if you no longer want to play would you be so kind to just leave the people who still enjoy it. We don't need to convince you to stay if you no longer want to play that's OK.
>maybe it's really a kids' game
>maybe I'm getting old
>maybe my childhood is really over
>maybe I'm a casual
maybe you are the problem.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.