[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rock is the worst type. Prove me wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 37
File: rocko.jpg (22 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
rocko.jpg
22 KB, 300x225
Rock is the worst type.
Prove me wrong
>>
Sneaky pebbles.
>>
Poison exists.
>>
>>25604546

>what is poison type
>>
>>25604546
any rock/fighting pokemon?
>>
>STILL hating Golem
>>
>>25604546

Ice.
>>
File: 1404701715684.jpg (3 KB, 124x124) Image search: [Google]
1404701715684.jpg
3 KB, 124x124
Rock Shard
40 BP
+1 Priority

just fix my type up senpai
>>
>>25604563
Terrakion
>>
Head Smash is the coolest move after Seismic Toss.
>>
File: le smiling goat.jpg (61 KB, 653x495) Image search: [Google]
le smiling goat.jpg
61 KB, 653x495
>>25604572
>STILL liking golem
>>
I'm just waiting rock man to appear
>>
File: STILL hating Golem.jpg (51 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
STILL hating Golem.jpg
51 KB, 600x450
>>25604743
>STILL hating Golem
>>
File: diancie-mega.gif (430 KB, 117x114) Image search: [Google]
diancie-mega.gif
430 KB, 117x114
>>
>>25604741
more like seismic wank
>>
>>25604583
This is the only real answer. Weak to rock, ground, and fire, the three most powerful offensive type moves in the game.
>>
File: ROCKS.png (304 KB, 775x531) Image search: [Google]
ROCKS.png
304 KB, 775x531
>Prove me wrong
Gladly.
Pic related.
>>
>>25604546
Ice exists
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 960x864) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 960x864
>>25604807
>Aggron
>good
>>
>>25604804
Rock is weak to Ground, Fighting, Steel, Grass, and Water. All of those are common and powerful, and two are primarily Special which Rock sucks against. Many types it gets paired with share some of these, so most Rock dual types have at least one x4, often two.

Rock also has the worst SpA average, meaning they're almost exclusively Atk based, and they're weak to scald.

Ice sucks defensively, but it's great offensively and very mixed between Special and Physical. Rock is very predictable and lacks reliable offensive moves outside Stealth Rocks, which doesn't even need STAB. Rock sucks.
>>
>>25604897
It's also the slowest type on average.
>>
Balance wise? It's arguably better than Dragon, Poison, and Ice. Conceptually? Fairy is much, much worse, but it's still second.

If sneaky pebbles were made less common and almost exclusive to rock types, then the type would be much more coveted.
>>
>>25604807

I think you just proved him right, or at least gave him more ammunition.
>>
Somebody get the rock guy in here
>>
>>25604546
>trying to summon rock anon
>>
ROCK MAN, MASTER OF ROCKS, HERE

ROCKS ARE THE GODDAMN BEST

YOU ARE INCORRECT IN ASSUMING THAT THEY ARE THE WORST, OP

NOT ONLY ARE THEY STRONG AS FUCK, BUT THEY'RE ALL BEAUTIFULLY DESIGNED

FUCK YOUR OPINIONS, OP

ROCKS ARE THE BEST
>>
>>25605010
Binacle is beautiful?
>>
>>25605030
YES, BINACLE IS A BEAUTIFUL CREATURE

IT IS A ROCK

ROCKS ARE THE BEST
>>
>"But muh posion resistance"
>Steel exists
>>
>>25605010
>STILL liking Golem
>>
File: meme.jpg (52 KB, 552x472) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
52 KB, 552x472
>>25605242
>>
>>25604850
>Aggron
>Bad
>>
>>25604546
>claims Rock is the worst type
>not Ice
>>
>>25605242
2015 called and they want their meme back
>>
>>25604807
Let's see.
>Gigalith
Literally a fucking rock with eyes.
>Tyranitar
I'll give you that one. Godzilla's fine.
>Aerodactyl
Dragon reject, shit moveset, as many weaknesses as there are stars out there.
>Aggron
Shitty inferior looking Rhydon clone. It's a favorite of those that started with Ruby and Sapphire...because they didn't know Rhydon existed at the time.
>Tyrantrum
Derp the dinosaur. Less scary looking than Sunflora.
>Rampardos
Pic related: the pokemon. An example of an evolution gone wrong. Cranidos is cooler and looks better. Has one of the worst sprites since its release in every game. They just cannot make that retard look good no matter what angle they try.
>>
>>25605423
YOU MIGHT JUST HAVE BAD TASTE, ANON

RETHINK YOUR LIFE CHOICES

MAYBE TAKE UP YOGA AND GET SOME THERAPY

I AM TELLING YOU THIS BECAUASEROCKS ARE THE BEST AND YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY TRYING WAY TOO HARD

>>25605242
THAT'S A SHIT MEME AND YOU KNOW IT

GOLEM IS A GREAT POKEMON

AND IT'S CURRENTLY MY MVP IN MY POKEMON BLUE RUN

>>25605213
FUCK OFF, STEELFAG

THIS IS A ROCK MAN THREAD NOW

I AM ROCK MAN

MASTER OF ROCKS

ROCKS ARE THE BEST
>>
>>25605584
Rocks are made for throwing at swans and breaking windows, literally the black type of the pokemon universe
>>
File: 1406890486734.jpg (130 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1406890486734.jpg
130 KB, 800x800
>>25605423
>Having this shitty taste
>Only liking Tyranitar because "he's good for battling XD"
Smogonfags are the worst, everything not OU is a shitmon in their eyes.
>Calling Aggron a Rhydon clone
I play since Red/Blue and I still prefer Aggron by a long shot, even Gen 1 had many kaijus-like mons as Kangaskhan and Nidoking/queen, Aggron is a expansion of that archtype.
>Tyrantrum is a derp dinosaur
There's nothing derp about it, Dragonite is a derp dragon with barney proportions, Tyrantrum is perfectly fine and agressive looking, maybe you're just too old for pokémon and is not excited about new ones anymore
>Disliking Aerodactyl
Confirmation of your garbage taste
>Gigalith is a rock with eyes
This is not a point, you could say that to Geodude, or say that "Victreebel is literally pitcher plant with eyes". Btw Gigalith has more themes and thought besides just being a rock. This kind of thing is only natural for many pokémon.

I'll give you partially Rampardos, but your taste still is so shit that I can feel the odor from here.
>>
>>25605722
everyone just assumes your indoctrinated by memes
>>
>>25604546
Rock, in theory, is a fantastic offensive type, especially when paired with Ground.
The real issue is that Gamefreak is obsessed with making Rock types slow and bulky, when the type is awful at being bulky with very few exception (Bug/Rock).
>>
>>25604807
>Tyranitar
>Good.
>>
>>25605722
>Smogonfags are the worst, everything not OU is a shitmon in their eyes.
That's not true. That's literally the point of having lower tiers. These are OUfags or Uberfags. Maybe VGCfags.
>>
>>25605722

Not true: plenty of UU and even a few RU are able to function in standard play just fine. It's those that can't work in standard that are shit.
>>
File: 1418057518799.jpg (35 KB, 587x571) Image search: [Google]
1418057518799.jpg
35 KB, 587x571
>>25605722
>>Only liking Tyranitar because "he's good for battling XD"
No, I don't. I just like Godzilla you fucking turbo retard. I hate sand teams.
>>Calling Aggron a Rhydon clone
That's literally what it is.
>Dragonite is a derp dragon with barney proportions
Okay? I don't see how that makes Tyrantrum more intimidating. If there's anything less intimidating than Tyranturm it would be it's astonishing height of 2.5m. A dinosaur that's half half a meter taller than some basketball players. Wooooooo.
>This is not a point, you could say that to Geodude
Yeah, Geodude is a worse offense to this. What would you expect from a rock type?
>Btw Gigalith has more themes and thought besides just being a rock.
I can make up themes for the poop pokemon if I could create it. That means jack fucking shit.
>maybe you're just too old for pokémon and is not excited about new ones anymore
>let me just keep spewing random shit, maybe that will make my post seem more intelligent
>>
>>25605653
I think that you're thinking about dark-type, anon. They learn shit like thief, taunt and foul play. Also scrafty exists.
>>
>>25604546
On the type chart, yes Rock is one of the worst.

But when it comes to Pokemon design, Rock is the best.
>>
>>25604850
Dont underestimate Rock Head STAB Head Smash.
>>
File: 1457636423753.png (3 KB, 341x63) Image search: [Google]
1457636423753.png
3 KB, 341x63
THIS IS MAI ROCK POKMON! IT WAS MADE FOR ME!!1
>>
File: 1455580329075.jpg (51 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1455580329075.jpg
51 KB, 512x512
>>25605831
>Shit taste: the post
You're a hopeless one, I expected better answers too, not even worth of replying.
Good luck living with this abysmal shit taste for your entire life, friend.
>>
>>25605423
>Aggron
>worse looking than that shitty balloon animal Rhydon
>>
File: 1416515795531.jpg (193 KB, 448x455) Image search: [Google]
1416515795531.jpg
193 KB, 448x455
>>25605956
>I have nothing of worth to say or refute even a single line
>I'll just call his taste shit and act superior
>lemme post this laughing_whores image too
GOTEM
>>
>>25605988
Aggron is just Rhydon with shiny plating. Both are shit.
>>
>>25606011
Nah, Aggron is great. It's a cool-looking, intimidating mountain creature with a great cry.
>>
>>25605831
>>25605722
>>25605956
>>25605993
HI THERE

ROCK MAN, MASTER OF ROCKS, HERE

I HONESTLY THINK THAT YOU'RE BOTH TRYING WAY TOO HARD

ROCKS MAY BE THE BEST, BUT YOU GUYS NEED TO COOL IT

IT'S NOT WORTH ARGUING OVER SHIT LIKE THIS

I JUST TELL PEOPLE THAT THEIR TASTE IS SHIT AND JUST MOVE ON, AND YOU SHOULD TOO

ALSO ROCKS ARE THE BEST

>>25605890
I DISAGREE WITH THAT FIRST STATEMENT, BUT I LIKE THE SECOND ONE

FUCK YOU AND GOOD TASTE

>>25605740
I AGREE, GAMEFREAK SHOULD MAKE MORE FAST ROCKS

THAT WOULD BE PRETTY NEAT

GROUND IS A DECENT ADDITIONAL TYPING FOR ROCK, ALTHOUGH I DO LIKE SEEING GOOD PURE ROCKS
>>
>>25604546
Second worst. Nothing can beat the badness of Ice, which is literally only good for countering Dragon/Ground and Dragon/Flying.

At least Rock actually resists a few things and has Stealth Rock.
>>
File: laughing_whores.jpg (25 KB, 400x229) Image search: [Google]
laughing_whores.jpg
25 KB, 400x229
>>25605993
You have a point, I can't refute opinions like that, because it's a matter of having good taste or shit taste (your case) and I don't like of playing the game of "It's true!" "No, it's false!" that often happens in this board. It's retarded and leads to nothing.

So continue to have your shit opinion, I don't care about "random anon with shit taste number X".
This changes nothing for me.
>>
>>25606075
Don't forget to mention how being an Ice type is only a hindrance, since nearly every water pokemon out there can learn Ice Beam and if most of them had Ice as a dual type that would take away from their bulkyness.

I don't think anyone can argue that Ice is the worst.

More importantly though, how do we fix Rock? How do we fix Ice?
>>
>>25606102
Expected nothing more from a MonMusu shit eater.
>>
File: beautifly.gif (343 KB, 500x309) Image search: [Google]
beautifly.gif
343 KB, 500x309
>Rock
>Worst type
That's not Bug.

>Resisted by SEVEN types, the most of any type
>Is supereffective on three types
>Everything that Bug resists, Flying also resists, and hits harder
>Only powerful attack (Megahorn) is sparsely distributed and has low accuracy
>Most Bug types are shit save for a few (Scizor, Volcarona, Genesect, Mega Beedril, possibly Forretress and possibly Scolipede)
>Every single one of the above are good because of either a secondary typing or Uber-tier stats
>Every useful Bug-type move (which are two: U-Turn and Sticky Web) is useful because of their effects, not because they're Bug-type (as in, U-Turn could be any other type that doesn't have any immunities like Rock or Flying and it would still be used)
>Weak to sneaky pebbles
>No useful resistances

Some shitters think that Ice is the "worst type", but Ice is an offensive, glass-cannon type. Few types resist Ice, and it's the most common coverage type. It's Ice-type Pokemon that suck. Weavile and Mamoswine are some of the only Ice-type Pokemon that work.
Rock is a pretty bad type defensively, but offensively it's devastating. Again, there are few offensive Rock-types to take advantage of this. Terrakion and Aerodactyl are possibly the only ones.

Bug is shit because Bug-type Pokemon are weak, but evolve quickly. They're powerful early on (who wasn't carried by Butterfree with Confusion to fuck up Fighting-types?) but eventually they just become too weak to bother with. That's not necessarily a bad thing in terms of gameplay, but balance-wise, they just can't keep up.

>>25606118
>How do we fix Rock? How do we fix Ice?
Make more offensive Ice- and Rock-type Pokemon. Remove the chance for Ice-type moves to freeze unless used by an Ice-type Pokemon. Increase the power of Freeze-Dry. Make Rock Slide 100% accurate and remove the flinch chance so it's not the most cancerous move in Doubles.
>>
>>25606118
More fast rock mons
>>
File: 1296197738686.jpg (139 KB, 400x301) Image search: [Google]
1296197738686.jpg
139 KB, 400x301
>>25606175
>worst type
>bug
Stopped reading right there. Someone show this retard the door.
>>
>>25606137
I don't even watch/read this waifu bait crap, just saved a bunch of reaction pics from /a/
>>
File: hating bug pokemon.jpg (36 KB, 342x700) Image search: [Google]
hating bug pokemon.jpg
36 KB, 342x700
>>25606175
>Hating Bugs
Shit taste is shit
>>
File: worst type.png (40 KB, 1004x406) Image search: [Google]
worst type.png
40 KB, 1004x406
>>25606185
>Didn't read lol
>Post literally contains an example of a shitty earlygame Bug-type
Again, Bug types were designed to be balanced ingame - strong early on, but not a permanent party member. This unfortunately makes them very bad balance-wise.

Since you're retarded, I made a picture for you.

>>25606284
Where did I say that I hated Bug-type Pokemon? The type is shit. The designs are great, but this isn't what the thread is discussing.
>>
>>25606344
Bug Type is redeemed by its odd defensive coverage, making it godly when combined with certain types, most notably Steel.
>>
>>25606344
I made a mistake in this pic - Ground isn't resisted by Bug. However, Flying is immune to Ground and resists the other two types that Bug resists. Flying also has fewer weaknesses and hits more types with harder-hitting attacks and even has recovery in Roost.

>>25606373
>Redeemed
There are two Bug-type Pokemon in OU, and neither are OU because of their Bug typing.

>Bug/Steel
There's three Bug/Steel Pokemon. Two of them can't make it in OU, and one of them is good because it has Technician + Bullet Punch. Scizor was shit prior to gen IV because it didn't have Bullet Punch. Gen IV was when Scizor became relevant because it could learn Bullet Punch and the newly-introduced U-Turn (again, U-Turn Scizor is not good because it's Bug-type, but because it's STAB, Technician-boosted, and gives the user momentum. If Scizor was Ground/Steel and U-Turn was Ground-type, it would still run U-Turn. U-Turn's benefits are NOT related to its typing).

There is no reason to run Bug coverage unless you're a Keldeo in gen IV and you want to hit Celebi instead of Dragons.
>>
>>25605831
>. If there's anything less intimidating than Tyranturm it would be it's astonishing height of 2.5m. A dinosaur that's half half a meter taller than some basketball players. Wooooooo.

You know most pokemon are tiny as fuck, right? Tyrantrum is actually pretty big by pokemon standards, it's the tallest of all non-legendary, non-serpentine pokemon other than Golurk, Aurorous, and Wailord.
>>
>>25606175
I'de agree on everything but the ice being offensive thing. Just like your post made the point, U-turn is pretty much good on plenty of non bug type pokemon.

Ice is a good offensive type, but its rarely used on ice types, meaning you really cant count it much towards the typing itself (They get STAB, but the cost of being an ice type kind of ruins that pro). Resistances actually involve being that said type so its a bit more of a realistic of a way to judge a pokemon.

Ice only resisting itself means it cant scare any other pokemon away with its resistances. There are no other types other then other ice types that they can switch into and wall, because no matter what, your always guaranteed to hit at least neutral.

Only when you mix ice type with other types do they start to get resistances, which is great for the ice part of the typing. In reality your just adding a ton of nasty weakness's to the secondary type.
>>
>>25606610
>Ice is a good offensive type, but its rarely used on ice types
That's because Game Freak is dumb and continues to make slow, bulky Ice-type Pokemon like Lapras, Walrein, Avalugg, Aurorus, and so on. Like Rock, it's a fantastic offensive coverage type. See: Most Ground- and Fighting-types having access to Stone Edge and Rock Slide to hit Flying types, and most Water types having access to Ice Beam to hit Grass types.
Ice types that are actually good like Weavile and Mamoswine wouldn't dream of not running Ice STAB. Kyurem-B and Kyurem-W hit like a truck with STAB Ice Beam. There's a reason that BoltBeam (and for Rock, EdgeQuake) is a thing, the two types together hit everything for at least neutral damage.
>>
>>25606502
>Scizor was shit prior to gen IV because it didn't have Bullet Punch.
Also, there were no good bug moves for it to use before Gen IV, and very few steel moves. Despite this, it still manages to be OU in Gen II and Gen III.

And your forgetting that part of the reason Forretress is amazing is because its typing lets it absorb pretty much any physical attack, outside of fire attacks. And even though it's outshined by Ferrothorn in most cases now, Forretress still has a good number of niche uses, justifying his position on teams.

The other Bug/Steel type Pokemon are held back by things other than their typing.

Escavalier is held back by a poor movepool, and an incredibly low speed (although he does have his uses on Trick Room teams thanks to it.)

Wormadam is outclassed by Forretress in almost every way.

Durant has poor coverage and absolutely pathetic special bulk (but it can still hold its own in RU and even UU, partially thanks to its great defensive typing)

Genesect is is... oh wait, Genesect is in Ubers, and his bug typing is an asset there, giving him U-turns that can actually hit fairly hard.
>>
>>25606685
Thats just what I mean though. Ice is fantastic coverage, but the fact is, just being an ice type, riddles you with weaknesses. And since fighting types and water types get them so often, its just not practical to use ice types most of the time. Why risk shitty resistances when you can use much better types, which is why Ice type really needs changes. I could'nt tell you what you could change, I just know it has to happen if Ice types are ever going to be taken seriously.

That being said, Weavile and Mamoswine are pretty good. Cloyster is as well, but thats more just because of Shell Smash then anything. I'de still rather Ice type gain a few resistances so some of the slower tankier ones could possibly do something. Im a pretty big fan of every ice type you listed right at the start there.
>>
>>25606705
Oops, forgot Durant and Wormadam existed.

Again, it is NOT the Bug-typing that makes Scizor and Genesect good. If these Pokemon were Ground-type, and U-Turn was Ground type, they would still use U-Turn. I already said this. U-Turn's benefits are not tied to its typing, but its utility.

Forretress was OU because of permarain weakening Fire-type attacks, Volt Switch giving it means to prevent setup, no Defog, and Excadrill being in Ubers. That's why it's UU now, running Forretress in ORAS OU is a poor decision when bulky Starmieto spin or like you said Ferrothorn to lay down hazards is just so much better.

Genesect is in Ubers because of its Uber stat spread, amazing movepool (Extremespeed, Fire + Ice coverage, Steel for Fairies), and Download. Genesect could be Steel/Electric with Volt Switch and it would still be Uber. Bug has nothing to do with it.

Again, every single good thing about Bug type has nothing to do with the type itself. Sticky Web slows incoming Pokemon down, and U-Turn gives you momentum and again qould still be used if it was any other type with no immunities. Bug is resisted by seven types, it's ridiculous how weak it is.

>>25606774
That's not a fault on Ice-type, that's the fault of Game Freak, giving so many Water-types access to Ice Beam and so many non-Ice types access to Ice Punch meaning that there's no reason to actually use STAB Ice type moves. But the type itself is good. There needs to be more offensive Ice-type mons, not more resistances. Let's face it, slow Ice-types will always be shit so there
It doesn't help that most slow, tanky Ice types don't even have recovery moves aside from Rest.

Ice-types need to get the renaissance that Fighting-types got in gen IV, prior to gen IV fighting types weren't so good. But with Close Combat and Focus Blast with the Special/Physical split suddenly Fighting types became amazing and became even stronger in gen V.
>>
>>25604804
Ice is not weak to ground.
I have no idea why but I keep thinking that 20 years later too.
>>
>>25606884
>If these Pokemon were Ground-type, and we gave one of Bug's assets to Ground, Bug would be useless!

There are many types that are only good because of the utility of their moves. Grass is perhaps the biggest example of this.

>>25606987
It's probably because
A: Ice is weak to rock
or
B: The other two "mineral" types are weak to ground
>>
File: 1457856737656s.jpg (2 KB, 125x86) Image search: [Google]
1457856737656s.jpg
2 KB, 125x86
>>25604799
>>
>>25604833
ice is very good offensively
>>
>>25604546
Fossils

>>25605423
Commit suicide immediately
>>
File: covert cobblestones.png (24 KB, 579x584) Image search: [Google]
covert cobblestones.png
24 KB, 579x584
>>25604546
If there were somehow a Pokemon read: the inevitable super mode for Arceus that was all 18 types at once, it would have exactly one weakness.
Guess what that weakness is.
>>
>>25607443
Smogon
>>
>>25605284
>stats are spread to be a wall
>no recovery move
>3 4x weaknesses
>>
>>25604546
Fighting type exists. Literally the dumbest concept for any video game element ever.
>b-but it's actually the Justice/Hero type!!!
Yeah, Primeape, Poliwrath, Toxicroak, Scrafty, and Pangoro are such great heroes.
>>
>>25608009
>3 4x weaknesses
Incorrect. No Pokemon has three 4x weaknesses.
>>
>>25604555
Chekt and rekt
>>
>>25604556
>>25604557
How is Poison people's go-to when Ice exists?
>>
>>25608074
who the fuck are you quoting and whats with the ad hominems, you sound like you were ass ravaged by them
>>
>>25605423
shit taste, as usual.
>>
>>25608106
>What is Gen 1 Parasect
>4x weak to Fire, Flying, and Poison (Bug was weak to Poison in Gen 1)
>>
>>25609119

Because Ice is incredibly useful offensively even if most Ice Pokemon suck. Poison is, however, much better than Ice defensively.
>>
How is no one saying Grass? It's shit offensively AND defensively.
>>
>>25609260
Mega venusaur

Serperior
>>
>>25609853
That reminds me, you would only have to do one thing to Serperior in order to make it god-tier: add Dragon.

>Serperior used Draco Meteor!
>Serperior's Special Attack sharply rose!
>>
File: DymEe.gif (361 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
DymEe.gif
361 KB, 360x240
>>25607443
>Arceus that was all 18 types at once
They'll never do it.
>>
>>25604778
>STILL liking Golem
>>
>>25607443
And that's probably Ice's fault.
>>
File: 379ch.gif (721 KB, 446x251) Image search: [Google]
379ch.gif
721 KB, 446x251
>>25608074
>>
>not ??? type
smdh
>>
>>25609921
>tfw mega sceptile isnt part dragon with contrary and draco
>>
I don't know if Rock is the worst, but it's certainly most unloved type.
>>
File: 1457460205016s.jpg (10 KB, 217x250) Image search: [Google]
1457460205016s.jpg
10 KB, 217x250
>>25610197
>tfw M-ampharos doesn't get tail glow or draco
>>
>>25609194
Go jack off to barashit you worthless piece of shit. NEVER FUCKING REPLY TO ME AGAIN
>>
>>25605924
I always thought the RSE sprite was its head poking out at an awkward angle and it bothered the shit out of me
>>
File: mitä.jpg (29 KB, 402x720) Image search: [Google]
mitä.jpg
29 KB, 402x720
>>25605423
>aggron
>rhydon clone

also rhyhorn was available in R/S
>>
>>25606137
Jesus Christ did he murder a relative of yours?
>>
>>25607352
What is this, a picture for durants?
>>
I like Corsola.

As for Rock being the shittiest type, yeah, probably. Ice is probably worse now, but I remember it being good back when I played, but even back then Rock sucked.

Admittedly, this was because every rock Pokemon was rock/ground or rock/water until Sudowoodo and that colored my perception of the type. 4x weaknesses and no Special Defense isn't great.

At least with Parasect to something, Pokemon were less likely to have a fire move.
>>
i can pee on a rock pokemon and it dies, so yes rock mons are shit.
>>
>>25604555
trips for /thread
>>
Anyone have that comic of Leaf playing with Golem with some soap bubbles?
>>
File: 1445208409645.png (154 KB, 286x864) Image search: [Google]
1445208409645.png
154 KB, 286x864
>>25614096
I've only got this version.
>>
>>25614131
I did not know there were more comics with this punchline. That's great. This always make me laugh. It is just so somber.
>>
File: Golem.jpg (41 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Golem.jpg
41 KB, 512x512
>>25614096
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=pokemoa&pid=672

have fun.
>>
>>25614272
Haha, fuck. I'm at work and half of that was porn.

I appreciate it and I'll keep the link.
>>
>>25604897
>Rock is weak to Ground, Fighting, Steel, Grass, and Water. All of those are common and powerful, and two are primarily Special which Rock sucks against. Many types it gets paired with share some of these, so most Rock dual types have at least one x4, often two.
Same can be said for ice, also rock has 4 resistances when ice only resist itself

Rock type has some way to cover some of their weakness, sandstorm raise their weak special defense and rock polish raise their speed. Ice doesn't gain any stat boost from hail and doesn't have a widely distributed move to raise their speed.
But Rock and ice have the same problem, they are great offensive type but because some type with a lot less of weakness can learn ice and rock move nobody use them.
>>
>>25614289
yes well, if you add 4koma to the search words you'll get just the comix.
>>
File: with elf women.jpg (224 KB, 811x376) Image search: [Google]
with elf women.jpg
224 KB, 811x376
>>25614289
Could be worse. I heard of a person who emptied his recycle bin when doing a presentation and in the bin was a single pic of loli porn, which the entire class saw when windows asked if he is sure in deleting it.
>>
>>25606175
>Only powerful attack (Megahorn) is sparsely distributed and has low accuracy
literally more accurate and powerful than the fabled Stone Miss
>>
>>25615182
>bug
>se vs dark, psychic and grass
>rock
>se vs fire, flying, ice and bug
do you really prefer megahorn?
>>
File: Gold_Sudowoodo_Golden_Boys.png (87 KB, 334x402) Image search: [Google]
Gold_Sudowoodo_Golden_Boys.png
87 KB, 334x402
Rock is one of the best offensive types in the game. sneaky pebbles in singles and rock slide in doubles proves this. Offensively this type has some great hitters with cool roles. Aerodactyl is speedy suicide support or can Mega, Tyranitar can do everything because ability, mega and movepool. Terrakion is a hard hitter and Diancie has a great ability and unique coverage. Tyrantrum is okay.
Defensively it is probably the second worst (ice). Diancie is the best defensive Rock in it's regular form because of legendary stats and a crazy good signature move. Tyranitar is ok taking neutral hits because it has massive bulk and sand storm support. Cradily can get an honorable mention and Bug/Rock is an okay typing.
Pokemon that are meh at what they do: Regirock, Gigalith, Golem, Omastar, Cradily, Probopass, Archeops, Barbaracle, Rhydon/Rhyperior, Shuckle and Crustle
Pokemon that are just horrible: Sudowoodo, Rampardos, Lunatone, Solrock, Armaldo, Bastiodon, Aurorus, Carbink, Magcargo, Corsola, Regular Aggron, Relicanth and Carracosta
Sandstorm doesn't do anything for Rock types because Tyranitar is already rock and having stacking weaknesses is a hazard. Hippowdon is probably only helping Cradily and Diancie and Cradily is not very usable and Diancie does completely different things
Every team should have rock coverage though, it is incredible at hitting the meta.
>>
>>25615572
Relax men, op been disproved already at the first post. try addressing some other parts of the thread.
>>
File: hessu.png (88 KB, 299x288) Image search: [Google]
hessu.png
88 KB, 299x288
>>25606502
>There's three Bug/Steel Pokemon
>>
>>25604546
Done.
Praise Lord Helix
>>
>>25606502

Scizor
Forretress
Wormadam
Excavalier
Durant
Genesect
>>
>>25604546
0 Atk Geodude Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 396-468 (95.4 - 112.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
>>
>>25616574
Scizor, Forretress, Genesect
>>
>>25618760
and the others >>25617204 said. The others are shitmons AFAIK, because I've literally never seen Wormadam outside of getting one to complete the dex.
>>
>>25605423
you are a fucking retard anon. I usually don't quit reading a post somewhere in the middle but yours really opened a new door into the lands of bullshit
>>
>>25604850
>Aggron isn't smogon OU so it's bad kekekekke.
Fuck off smogonfag.
>>
>>25604546
Ice exists.
>>
File: cdi.png (184 KB, 462x364) Image search: [Google]
cdi.png
184 KB, 462x364
>>25604546
>Onix's attack stat
>>
>>25618775
I wouldn't call Durant and Excaviler a shitmon
There atleast usable compared to wormadum
>>
File: tyler.png (298 KB, 1074x810) Image search: [Google]
tyler.png
298 KB, 1074x810
WHY THE FUCK
ISNT
STEALTH ROCK
NEUTRAL DAMAGE
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY IS IT TYPED
>GEE IF THIS POKEMON SWITCHES IN, THEY LOSE HALF THEIR FUCKING HEALTH
>GREAT FUCKIN IDEA LETS GO DRINK SAKE AND SUCK EACH OTHERS DICKS
>>
File: genuine distress.png (131 KB, 265x235) Image search: [Google]
genuine distress.png
131 KB, 265x235
>>25604546
>Rock/Steel types
>still damaged by Rough Skin/Rocky Helmet
>>
>>25622870

>Stealth Rock
>1/8 damage to all
>1/4 damage to Levitators/Flyers
fixed
>>
>>25622931
give this man a fucking medal
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.