[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will we ever see Challenge Mode in the new games, /vp/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: sol_et_luna.jpg (74 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
sol_et_luna.jpg
74 KB, 300x300
Will we ever see Challenge Mode in the new games, /vp/?
>>
>>25604487
no
>>
>>25604487
I hope so. But even a challenge mode won't satisfy me, I need something on the level of Bravely Default hard mode, or better yet, Bravely Second hard mode.
>>
There's no such thing as "challenge" in a JRPG since you can just grind. Go play an action game if you want challenge.
>>
>>25604533
>bravely default hard mode?

How hard is it?
>>
>>25604565
Pretty hard if you ignore the 'cheese' strategies. For example, in the first game, theres a fight with 4 people, 2 casting fire magic every turn (1 unreflectable), 1 buffing himself every turn or hitting like a truck, and the last guy eliminates your resistances and adds a fire weakness, plus chucks regen on himself and sometimes the others (plus he is capable of guaranteed 1hko's if you do too much damage to him.) Even at level 99 and max jobs/best gear it's very fucking hard to control the fight (without cheese). With cheese it just becomes a cakewalk, but so does every fight since it is possible to do some very crazy shit (so think of that as running through the E4 with 6 uber legendaries with pentaperfect and full EV's at level 100.)

Bavely Second actually gets even harder (again, without cheese), with a large number of bosses being able to 1hko and party wipe if you don't prepare properly.

Despite the chances of instantly wiping, it's a shitton of fun figuring out how best to set up your team to take advantage of the bosses weaknesses.

Give me that kind of challenge in Pokemon and I would be unable to stop myself from playing.
>>
>>25604487

Probably not but I hope I'm wrong
>>
Even if we did get a challenge mode, the AI would still be the same retard that spams buffs until it dies.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.