[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /vp/ i have a question for you all. Why does the majority
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7
File: LIKE.jpg (11 KB, 298x169) Image search: [Google]
LIKE.jpg
11 KB, 298x169
Hey /vp/ i have a question for you all.
Why does the majority here dislike X and Y.
I love them, first pokemon game i've played in like 4 years.
>>
File: 1457684256511.jpg (35 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1457684256511.jpg
35 KB, 640x640
For that exact reason.

It's the game that attracted you casualfags back into the series, and it was fit for you because of how casual it really was. That's why you like it.

I'm not saying Pokemon games aren't casual, they all are. But some are less than others. And XY is the most.

>mfw casualfags still breathing my oxygen
>>
File: 1457626654447s.jpg (3 KB, 125x99) Image search: [Google]
1457626654447s.jpg
3 KB, 125x99
>>25604209
I'm not casual.
Been there since generation 1, played everything until generation 5 BW1
It isn't my favorite game but i liked it as a step-in game.
ORAS sucked tough.
>>
They were pretty mediocre (not good or bad) and had the same singleplayer stop every ten steps so npc can spoonfeed you gen V had
>>
File: 1457683013410.png (70 KB, 172x159) Image search: [Google]
1457683013410.png
70 KB, 172x159
>>25604226
>Been there since generation 1, played everything until generation 5 BW1

Thanks for confirming my point that you're a casualfag. BW1 were great games with good difficulty, lots of content, tons of new Pokemon who introduced some of the best new movepools, etc etc. BW2 only made those better. And to completely disregard casualfags, we have BBVW and BBVW2.

Git. Gud.
>>
File: RIGBY.jpg (3 KB, 125x106) Image search: [Google]
RIGBY.jpg
3 KB, 125x106
>>25604256
I actually got BW2 after playing X and Y, i gotta agree its a great game.
dont fucking talk about BBVW and BBVW2 i lost so many companions during that run, i nuzlocked that shit.

get gud faggot
>>
File: 1456832215052.png (273 KB, 900x719) Image search: [Google]
1456832215052.png
273 KB, 900x719
>>25604303
Alright, you've convinced me I was wrong for calling you a casualfag.

But my point still stands that XY are the most casual and attract that crowd by the majority, along with ORAS.
>>
XY were blatantly made for nostalgiafags and kids. Maybe this doesn't mean much coming from an adult, but they were insultingly easy compared to every other main series game. You were basically given three starters plus a Snorlax before the second badge, and then a Lucario shortly after that. The game also went by extremely quickly after the second badge, which was very disappointing considering the big setup before that. The gym leaders and elite four were also not very challenging at all.
>>
At least it's better than ORAS
>>
>>25604188
>Why does the majority here dislike X and Y.
because its 4chan.
they hate everything or will find a reason to hate something to feel like they are critically thinking in between long shit sessions.
they hate being called out on this truth.
>>
>>25604188
The games felt rushed and unfinished. Team Flare went from barely being harmful to committing mass genocide within the space of one or two gyms. Then there was AZ, who was just thrown in as "a 3000 year old giant", with no real explanation of his backstory. Then you had things like the random doors in the desert that didn't have anything behind them. I imagine that they spent most of the development time making the 3D models, animations and features like Amie, Super Training, customisation, etc.. But the main game itself felt a little short. There was also very little post-game. The Looker sidequests were nice and it was a great use of all the sidestreets in Lumiose City. But it still ended pretty quickly. Also, you only had access to Kiloude City after you beat the game, which just had a glorified Battle Tower.

Then there were the rivals/friends, who somehow managed to be even worse than previous generations' rivals/friends. Every single one of them was utterly useless and just served as a way for the game to handhold you and slow you down.

While the games had some areas that should have looked nice, the washed-out colour pallette and the 3DS's resolution just butchered the visuals. The framerate was pretty poor too. While framerate isn't a huge issue in a turn-based RPG, the gameplay isn't exactly complex so there shouldn't really be a reason why it runs so poorly. Games like Smash and Kid Icarus Uprising all run on the same hardware and have much better graphics and framerates while having a lot more going on at once too.

The music was okay, although every Pokemon game has had a solid soundtrack so that's really just expected. The soundfont felt a little soft in some places and some of the tracks lacked a strong melody that's usually found in Pokemon music. But otherwise it was fine.

I'm going to be restarting my savefile of X soon, so maybe I'll be able to appreciate it more.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (85 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
85 KB, 1280x720
>>25604209
>Fuck you, it attracted people who want to have fun to a children's game
>If you didn't play my poorly selling, heavily panned Gen 5 games you need to get out

>>25604256
Oh shit, I was completely right
>>
>>25604429
Seconding this.

Also, the framerate was due to the fact that all the models(at least the Pokemon models) had stupidly high polycounts that would have been better (or noticeable) on the WiiU.

And the music was nice, but horribly forgettable. Most had no discernable tune you could hum along to. I personally only had one song I liked in the whole game.
>>
>>25604188
Its a meme.
Plus /vp/ consists entirely of shitposters so you know whatever they say, the opposite is true.
>>
>>25604188
If you dislike it you played Y
>>
>>25604571
so you're lying?
>>
>>25604188
It's a new breed of genwunners.
The transition to 3D was impossible to some people.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.