[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on the formerly fully evolved Pokemon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11
File: Formerly Fully Evolved.png (2 MB, 2042x1692) Image search: [Google]
Formerly Fully Evolved.png
2 MB, 2042x1692
What are your thoughts on the formerly fully evolved Pokemon? Favorite? Do you prefer most of them to their cross-gen evo or do you think a lot of them were improved? Would their evos have been mega evos if they had been introduced today? Thoughts on Eviolite?
>>
I like Slowbro
>>
I don't necessarily prefer their evolutions, but I'm glad they all got one.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 480x266) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 480x266
desu, most look as rushed and uninspired as some of the worst Megas.

maybe if Gamefreak just didn't make Pokemon that were absolute shit in the first place they wouldn't have needed to fix their mistakes in such a haphazardly fashion.
>>
>>25603389
>slowbro
Top kek.
I remember making that kind of mistake, though.
>>
>>25603389
i hate Rhyperior, Electawhatever and Magmortar. Rhydon looks cool, Magmar was fine, Electabuzz was fine. If they had made guys like Magnezone look cool, it wouldn't be a problem, but they FUCKED them up
my autism won't let me use a guy that's not fully evolved, so now when I play I can't use those guys.
>>
>>25603389
Why did a witch evolve into a mob boss?
Not that I mind, I prefer Honchkrow.
>>
>>25603438
that being said, I'm personally a sucker for mid stages and Pokemon who look like midstages.

>dat balance of cute/cool
mmf.gif
>>
Like: Steelix, Slowking, Magnezone, Mismagius, Porygon-Z, Scizor, Togekiss, Yanmega

Dislike: Probopass, Roserade, Dusknoir, Likilily, Ambipom, Kingdra

No opinion: the rest
>>
>>25603482
>dislike Roserade
lol
>>
File: fuck opinions.png (1 MB, 669x769) Image search: [Google]
fuck opinions.png
1 MB, 669x769
>>25603389

>Aipom: Improved.
>Chansey: Improved.
>Magneton: Improved.
>Dusclops: Worse.
>Electabuzz: Worse.
>Gligar: Improved.
>Lickitung: Worse.
>Magmar: Worse.
>Misdreavus: Improved.
>Murkrow: Improved.
>Nosepass: Improved.
>Onix: Worse.
>Piloswine: Worse.
>Togetic: Improved.
>Porygon: Worse, but then Improved with Z.
>Roselia: Improved.
>Scyther: Worse.
>Seadra: Improved.
>Slowbro: Divergent evolution, does it really count?
>Sneasel: Roughly equal.
>Tangela: Improved.
>Rhydon: Worse.
>Yanma: Roughly equal.

Favorite is Tangrowth.
>>
>>25603389
Their evolutions improved them. Eviolite is a bonus.
>>
I like Weavile, Scizor, Porygon2/Porygon-Z, Kingdra and Mismagius.
However, I do think that Scizor should be separated from Scyther and both should be stand-alone pokemon.
>>
>>25603482
>disliking all the good ones
>>
>>25603389
I don't get what this thread is about
>>
>>25603389
I like most of their evolved forms, with the exception of lickylicky. They ruined a perfectly fine 'mon with that abomanation of an evolution.
>>
>>25603532

Pretty much agree, I think Electivire, Scizor, and Steelix are alright though. I have mixed feelings about Honchcrow and Magnezone.

I would like to see Onix and Scyther get direct evolutions of the same type though.

My biggest problem with the cross evolutions is how much different a lot of them look from their earlier forms. Some of them work, but others pretty much completely ruin the original look. The worst in my opinion was Magmortar.
>>
>>25603389
>What are your thoughts on the formerly fully evolved Pokemon?
Most of them needed evos, some didn't, like Dusclops or Rhydon.
>Favorite?
Nosepass
>Do you prefer most of them to their cross-gen evo or do you think a lot of them were improved?
Nah, Probopass is my favorite Pokemon of all time. Though there are some I prefer to their evo, like Porygon2 and Gligar.
>Would their evos have been mega evos if they had been introduced today?
Not all of them, I could see slightly tweaked Magnezone and Ambipom as mega evolutions, though.
>Thoughts on Eviolite?
I like how it made NFEs bulky, but I hate how it caused most cross-gen evo concepts to never happen because Gamefreak is that autistic about retcons.
>>
>>25605063

>I think Electivire, Scizor, and Steelix are alright though.

Don't get me wrong, I like them, but just not as direct evolutions. Electivire loses Electabuzz's interesting Tiger-Ape look, Scizor goes from dinosaur-mantis to bug-lobster, and Steelix's shovel head design just isn't as cool to me as Onix's facial structure.
>>
File: 14242505_p0_master1200.jpg (126 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
14242505_p0_master1200.jpg
126 KB, 600x600
Some of the designs I really liked.
My favorite formerly fully evolved Pokemon is Misdreavus
Some of the final revolutions are great, Scizor, Queendra, Togekiss, just to name a few.
That's so scary.. to think that there final forms could've been megas. Mega evolution was terrible.
>>
>>25603457
Electriver is fine, but Magmotar is retared
>>
>>25603389
I think a lot of them are ugly but there's some good ones too so it's ok I guess
>>
>>25606838
>Queendra

RIP ---s×j×KKK, unless you weren't referring to that, it was a released TPP mon, after we released about 200 mons after we caught all 251
>>
File: togekiss.gif (100 KB, 93x60) Image search: [Google]
togekiss.gif
100 KB, 93x60
Togekiss is by far the best evolution for any cross-gens personally. Its model looks a bit off to me though

I actually really love cross gen evolutions because they tend to introduce a new flare to the old mons with a signature to the region they're introduced in, while simultaneously improving the originals in some way. It makes the world feel more lively and less static, since you're discovering new ways to better improve older friends and partners. I have a similar feeling about Megas, but something doesn't feel as right about them. It might be that they're essentially death locks against new evolutions

Only evolution I don't like is Rhyperior and convoluted evolution processes like leveling up shit at night holding an item isn't my favorite. Introducing new items isn't necessary either, and item-trade evolutions are awful
>>
>>25607002
I like togekiss too!
>>
Onix>Steelix
Onix has a better design to bad hes utter shit even with Eviolite or id use him
>>
>>25607002
>>25607053
I like togekiss but im hoping if it got a mega
It would look more angelic like togetic
>>
I know pokemon has NEVER been balanced or fair, but it'd be nice if with the focus on online play (especially battling) gamefreak would do a little more to make more pokemon in general more viable in battle situations

that being said though, not all pokemon are meant for battling and giving them weird-ass evolutions so they can tweaked for battle AND be traded up without stat fuckery isn't the most elegant solution.

I want Delibird to be a good battle pokemon but that doesn't mean I want it to become a mega.
>>
I AM ROCK MAN

MASTER OF ROCKS

I CAME HERE TO GIVE SOME INPUT

I ONLY CARE ABOUT PROBOPASS, IT WAS AN IMPROVEMENT TO NOSEPASS BECAUSE IT MADE NOSEPASS STRONGER

STEELIX RUINED ONIX

THAT'S ABOUT IT

I WISH THAT TANGROWTH WAS GRASS/ROCK
>>
File: onix.jpg (458 KB, 760x675) Image search: [Google]
onix.jpg
458 KB, 760x675
Slowbro gets Slowking side evo, Vileplume gets Bellossom side evo, but Onyx and Scyther get straight up evolutions until they get mega fucked in the ass.

Explain that one to me.

Why can't more pokemon get split evolutions or branching evolutions instead of just going 1-2-3-Mega?
>>
File: bamf.jpg (123 KB, 1100x800) Image search: [Google]
bamf.jpg
123 KB, 1100x800
Why no one like these two bad ass motherfuckers?

They're both among my favorite cross-gen evolutions.
>>
>>25607220
Because Megas tend to be more of the same while split-evos have different stats

Slowbro is defensive while Slowking is special defensive. Or Glalie where it's balanced all-around, but Froslass is nothing but speed

They have the same BST, while Megas add 100
>>
>>25603532
I agree with good part of this list, but some that I would change is:

>Aipom: Worse.
Never was a fan of Aipom in first place, but Ambipom has a weird feel in it, Aipom at least is kinda cute.
>Dusclops: Improved.
Dusknoir is one of my favorite ghosts with Golurk and Froslass.
>Electabuzz: Improved.
I just like Electivire more, cool progression.
>Onix: Improved.
I can see why someone would prefer Onix to Steelix, I tend more to Steelix, anyway.
>Piloswine: Improved
Mamoswine is 10x times better for me than Piloswine, literally the reason why I like this line.
>Yanma: Improved
You said that they're equal, but I think that Yanmega is more cool, many gen 2 mons has a inoffensive look, I like that they changed it with the evolutions.

The rest is exactly what you posted.
>>
>>25606935
>retared
Are you a Magmortar anon?
>>
>>25607247
I like them a lot actually. Think they look badass
>>
Gliscor was one of my favs in gen 2/3. i didnt like gliscor until X/Y when i used it on m comp. team and now i'm in love with it again.

in gen 2 i thought Dunsparce evolved into Gligar
>>
>>25607220
>Why can't more pokemon get split evolutions or branching evolutions instead of just going 1-2-3-Mega?

It's simply a change in design.

I don't think we're ever going to see a return to the idea of old pokemon getting new evos with new gens now that megas are a thing.
>>
>>25607002
>convoluted evolution processes like leveling up shit at night holding an item isn't my favorite
It's ridiculous that they keep coming up with convoluted cross-gen evos in order to explain why we couldn't obtain them in previous gens, even though Lickilicky and Mamoswine would've been obtainable in Gens 2 & 3.

Just make Esp/Umbr/Leaf/Sylveon evolve from Sun/Moon/Leaf/Shiny Stones and make an Ice Stone for Glaceon for fuck's sake.
>>
>>25607247
They look great but imo Electabuzz and Magmar were fine on their own
>>
>>25607247
I understand why people hate Magmortar but personally I like it. He looks like the Heat Miser.
>>
>>25603389
Sneasel

though I love his Evo
>>
>>25603462
They probably made Mismagius first and didn't want to make another witch.
>>
>>25603389

I really want more crossgen evolutions.

sadly we'll never get more outside of one more eeveelution.
>>
Murkrow is the best SwagPlay user. Klefki may be faster but it doesn't get STAB.
>>
>>25607247
I've come to like Magmortar now because I think think the face is actually pretty intimidating. But I didn't always like it. Electivire was always fucking badass to me.
>>
>>25603482

>slowking

Why?
>>
>>25603389
Most of them I didn't use until they got an cross-gen evo.
That fresh new thing for them would suddenly give me interest in the base form; I forgot Tangela even existed until Tangrowth was revealed. As I played LeafGreen while waiting for Diamond, I used Tangela in preparation for when I got Tangrowth and its design and moveset grew on me.

So yeah, for me personally I love cross-gen evos. Makes me look twice at previously underloved pokes, and I prefer most of their evo's designs.

>Slowbro
you cheeky fukka
>>
>>25603457
>Rhydon looks cool
Baby-fat arms, bunny ears, random shit on cheeks, GREY
>Magmar was fine
Breasts-head, flamenco dancer arms, copied Charizard's tail, leather bands on limbs and neck. What the fuck is going on with "Boober"?
>Electabuzz was fine
It's actually alright. The short legs and Piccolo antennae are a bit naff but its overall not bad.
I way, way, WAY prefer Electavire, though

Honestly I think you're just a bit of a genwunner fagmatron, desu ne. At least Eviolite exists, Rhydon @Eviolite squares up well against its evo so I've heard
>>
>>25603532
>Scytherfag
oh shit, not even worth considering these opinions as valid
>>
>>25610103
Same
>>25607247
>>25611480
mah nigs
>>
File: 1400737316695.png (10 KB, 410x469) Image search: [Google]
1400737316695.png
10 KB, 410x469
>>25607205
>Onix gets a side evo from Steelix thats based around gems/crystals instead
>Still Rock/Ground, balls of the walls Special Defence and Special Attack and better speed
>Gets Power Gem and a bunch of new, decent Special gem-based Rock moves
>mfw I like Steelix but I love Rock mons more and this will never happen
>>
I prefer them in almost all cases to their later evolutions, with the sole exception of Onix/Steelix.
Some of the evos are fine, namely Kingdra, Blissey, Scizor, Honchkrow, and Weavile, but I still prefer their pre-evos designs.
The rest of them are ugly to varying degrees, and some like Lickilicky, Gliscor, or Magnezone are just abominations that should not exist.
>>
>>25603389
> the whole thread forgot snorunt and froslass

Ok.
>>
Why is Electvire's head shaped weird? What is it supposed to be? Electabuzz has lightning rod things, Elekid is a western plug, why is Electvire'shead flat and oblong?

What am I missing?
>>
>>25613414
Alt evos don't count. Read the OP. Only people mentioning Slowking are dummies.
>>
File: 1444524621963.png (262 KB, 816x270) Image search: [Google]
1444524621963.png
262 KB, 816x270
>>25607330
>>
I'm okay with most of them. Rhydon and Dusclops are two examples of now mid-stage mons that I think have better designs than the new evolutions they were given.

I think some megas could have easily been new evolutions. For example, Mawile.

If eviolite truly is the only reason why we haven't seen other cross gen evolutions other than Eevee then why not remove it from the game? SuMo could release with no eviolite in the code. No transfer of items from old games. Problem seems solved to me.

Alternatively, new branches of existing lines could be cool too if they are deadset on excluding other cross generation evolutions.
>>
>>25603532
Porygon2 was about how upgrades get more streamlined though. Design works with the concept.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.