[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many new pokemon do you think S/M will have? Because they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 10
File: pokemon_sun_moon.0.0.jpg (120 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_sun_moon.0.0.jpg
120 KB, 1600x900
How many new pokemon do you think S/M will have?

Because they don't have to remodel every pokemon like they did with X/Y and because it's an odd gen I expected us to not get fucked this time.

I'd say about 120 new non mega pokemon.
>>
>>25603176
I don't think we'll get more than 100 non megas, of they keep adding 20~ megas per game.
I'd be happy with 100 and just a few megas
>>
>>25603176
50 new Pokemon and 10 new Megas. Calling it.
>>
muh patterns never fail

odd gen - 130+ new pokemon
even gen - <110 new pokemon
>>
>>25603228
I'd accept only 100, but after the first gen to give us less than 100 new, I want them to make up for it.
>>
>>25603176
I hope it's gonna be like gen V so I hope theyll make hella new mons
>>
>>25603235
>>25603228
>>25603176

I can see any of these happening, besides maybe JUST 50/10...
Like, 100-130 new non-mega Pokemon,
And then (with any luck) the "usual" ~20 Megas.
I just hope they look to give them to Pokemon that might actually NEED it, instead of Pokemon that are already pretty kick ass.
>>
>>25603248
If they did that and gave us 150+ again I'd shit myself.
>>
>>25603248
>>25603250
These.
While X & Y were fun because you could use any Pokemon (just about), I have to say I really liked Gen V's approach in basically forcing you to use only the new additions first.
I mean, I know it alienated a lot of players, but I used a handful of Pokemon I would've otherwise not even bothered with because of it.
Besides, with Pokemon Bank, it's not like it'd even matter if they did do that again.
>>
Less than 70. Because

1. This isn't a new generation, and
2. So far the advertising for this seems focused on celebrating the 20th anniversary of the franchise as a whole rather than focusing on adding a bunch of new Pokemon. Unlike XY they didn't formally reveal a single new Pokemon in the announcement trailer and all the concept art had old Pokemon in them.
>>
>>25603282
>1. This isn't a new generation
MAXIMUM OVERKEK
>>
>>25603282
>1. This isn't a new generation

I love this meme.
>>
>>25603282
>This isn't a new generation
I can't wait, I just can't fucking wait till you all get blown the fuck out

We'll get new starters, new legendaries, a new trio and lot more

How can you still believe this is going to be gen 6.5?
>>
File: tumblr_o3azokPYaM1v2c15mo1_500.png (73 KB, 427x458) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3azokPYaM1v2c15mo1_500.png
73 KB, 427x458
>>25603282
>>
>>25603282
>they were shown clearly developing a new regional bird Pokemon
>they totally just make those for the hell of it
>Magearna
>not a new generation

I 100% get that this is to somehow commemorate the 20th anniversary, and their game names reflect that to a degree--but it's silly to think that just BECAUSE it's meant as a celebratory entry that it won't also make it's own placeholder like every other Gen.
>>
>>25603403
Get well soon Zygarde.
>>
90-100 new ones.
25 or so megas.

Since, aside from Eevee, cross generation evolution seems to be dead I wouldn't mind if a few existing lines got different branches. Wishful thinking but it would be nice to see some combination of new and old that isn't just a mega evolution.

The flygon line gets a new branch and the new third from gets a mega. Flygon is still megaless.
>>
File: k.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
k.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>>25603282
>people believe this
>retards are allowed to post on this board
>actual legitimate mentally retarded people
>>
11; starters and mascot legendaries.
>>
>>25603403
Get well soon Zygarde.
>>
>>25603388
>How can you still believe this is going to be gen 6.5?

Pentagon, zygarde's formes/signature moves, the souvenir the guy gives you

>>25603455
It's also silly to think they won't go from ORAS' progression of adding new megas/items/moves/abilities in the same gen and start adding new Pokemon in the same gen.

Isn't it interesting how Magearna is the ONLY early new Pokemon reveal that still has lore related to the current generation? Munchlax and Lucario have no relation to gen 3 and Zoroark has no relation to gen 4, yet for some reason Magearna is linked to AZOTH, which was mentioned in ORAS. Gee I wonder why that is? Isn't it also weird that this is the "apparently" the first time they give the third legendary of a box trio a powered up forme only for it not to debut in the generation it's from? GEE I WONDER WHY THAT IS. It's almost as it Sun/Moon is still gen 6 or something!
>>
3 new pokemon
1 new mega
90 dicks to the face
>>
File: wat.gif (1 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
wat.gif
1 MB, 300x225
>>
>>25603282
>1. Guaranteed replies
>>
>>25603176
100-120.
>>
>>25603403
Get well soon Zygarde
>>
>>25603654
>the bird
>literally no known lore

Make your claims faggot, but you are literally retarded. Even your own 'proof' is just wrong.
>>
>>25603654
Even if SM had a completely new region and added twice the amount of new Pokemon XY did you idiots will still call it 6.5 because you don't want to admit that your gen ended with a meh tier remake.
>>
>>25603759
>say something that has nothing to do with my post
>hurr your proof is wrong

Are you retarded?

>>25603955
If it can't battle with XY I won't call it gen 6.
>>
>>25604366
>Isn't it interesting how Magearna is the ONLY early new Pokemon reveal that still has lore related to the current generation?

This is literally wrong though, because there is a revealed poke that has no known lore, so you can't post that as fact.

Besides, Manaphy has connections (albeit ephemeral) to gen 3 via Ranger.

And if we go full anime logic on the side, tons of new reveals have links to old regions. For all we know, Magearna is only linked via the movie, making the comparison valid.
>>
>>25604484
>This is literally wrong though, because there is a revealed poke that has no known lore, so you can't post that as fact.

Magearna has known lore.

>Besides, Manaphy has connections (albeit ephemeral) to gen 3 via Ranger.

Ranger isn't a gen anything game. It's spin off shit that doesn't particularly fit anywhere.

>And if we go full anime logic on the side, tons of new reveals have links to old regions
No they haven't. Magearna is the only one.
>>
>>25604529
>Magearna is the only one
>What is Ho-oh, first seen in Kanto
>What is Togepi, egg found in Kanto
>What are cross-gen prevos/evos that were revealed early

Anime shows new stuff on a regular basis. Some of those things have lore that links them with another region. Give it up.
>>
>>25605013
Simply showing up in a previous region doesn't mean it has a connection to the region.

Magearna is the only one where its origin flat out links to something in the Gen 6 games.
>>
I'd happily take a fewer number of Pokemon if it meant that they'd have more time to polish and finish other aspects of the game. We've already got over 700 Pokemon to choose from and I'd much they give you access to all of them rather than arbitrarily locking them behind post-game. We can always get mega-evolutions of these older Pokemon too so it's not like the old Pokemon will feel completely stale.

Also, if gen 5 is anything to go by, then introducing lots of new Pokemon means making lots of three-stage evolution lines that could have easily been condensed down to one or two stage evolution lines.
>>
>>25603176
>because it's an odd gen I expected us to not get fucked this time.
>gen 5
>>
>odd gen

Huh? 6 is an even number
>>
>>25605045
Literally the only thing I can find that links Magearna to the gen 6 games is mention of the Azoth Kingdom (specifically that it is supposedly kidnapped by someone from there or something.) In short, an unreleased movie with minor plot details trumps Ash finding a Togepi egg in Kanto, or seeing Ho-oh, in Kanto.

Great logic anon. Maybe try using your brain and point out exactly how the movie is different from literally any other early Pokemon reveal.
>>
>>25603578
Hey listen up FUCKBOY. GEND 6.5 IS A REAL THING ALRIGHT.

You fucking faggots are all so delusional. There's no reason that it's not gen 6.5.
>>
>>25605158
>Maybe try using your brain and point out exactly how the movie is different from literally any other early Pokemon reveal.

I already did. Azoth directly links to a name drop mentioned in ORAS that was left as a hanging thread. All the other Pokemon simply showed up in another region early. It's not the same thing.
>>
>>25605176
Seek mental evaluation, friend.
>>
>>25605119
"Fucked" as in "not enough Pokémon introduced". And screw you, faggot, gen 5 was good.
>>
>>25605176
Can you please specify what in the world a "GEND" is?
>>
>>25605195
And you have proof that Azoth isn't just going to be a recurring namedrop? You are making the outstandingly foolish assumption that A) Azoth is exclusive lore, and B) Magearna is affiliated in any way beyond the typical "this Poke has a power we can use"

Also, are you completely forgetting that Lugia has ties with the kanto bird trio? Or that Regigigas has a connection to the Regi's? I was doing my best to not mention these because you specified "new reveals", but christ, there are cross gen links all over the place.

Magearna's link is actually quite fucking flimsy if you ask me.
>>
Its an odd numbered Gen so we'll be getting at least 100.
>>
>Because they don't have to remodel every pokemon like they did with X/Y

This saddens me if related to what I'm thinking of.
I am not sure of how much, there were quite an amount of battle models that had poor animations I wish could be fixed... I think there were a few that got fixed in ORAS? I cannot remember.

There's also the wash-out colors that the pokemon had, I wish they'd fix that as well.
>>
>>25605290
Models aren't animations. They could update any number of animations without ever touching a model.
>>
>>25605447
Ah, that explains why some of them were said to be changed in ORAS then.

Recoloring models shouldn't be hard either I hope.
>>
>they don't have to remodel every Pokemon

They still would have to make more than 100 models and map out all of their animations. 200 models and more animations if they plan on bringing back Pokemon-Amie. It's a lot of work that I don't expect them to do alongside everything else they need to model. And that's just one part of designing a Pokemon.

Besides, I like having less Pokemon per generation. Why would you ever want to catch nearly 1000 Pokemon? That's fucking ridiculous. Children aren't going to do that, removing one of the core elements of gameplay.
>>
File: audino-mega.gif (227 KB, 65x96) Image search: [Google]
audino-mega.gif
227 KB, 65x96
The 20th anniversary was a mistake

X and Y each day feel less like actual games and more just tech demos laying out the groundwork for better games despite the fact they had so much put into them

The timing was really fucking bad, releasing Gen VI 3 years before the 20th anniversary and essentially having to rush everything, putting out subpar remakes to fill the void while Sun and Moon take the spotlight barely in time to be 20th anniversary games

Maybe if GF stopped releasing games every 1-2 years they'd have more opportunities to fix shit. We really could've gone without ORAS, but I guess they wanted free money
>>
>>25605639
And yet not releasing a game in 2015 caused this entire board to implode.
>>
>>25603738
I want buffy to fuck me
>>
>>25605664
Who fucking cares. I'd rather quality games than a quality image board
>>
>>25603176
I want 190 species of Pokémon but we'll get around 70 species of Pokémon.
>>
>>25605691
>playing video games
>more important than shitposting on an Abu Dhabi pig-worshipping board
shiggy diggy
>>
File: glalie-mega.gif (272 KB, 62x87) Image search: [Google]
glalie-mega.gif
272 KB, 62x87
>>25605734
I want out of this hell
>>
>>25605261
>B) Magearna is affiliated in any way beyond the typical "this Poke has a power we can use

It's already confirmed. Magearna is in Azoth kingdom.

>Also, are you completely forgetting that Lugia has ties with the kanto bird trio?

In the anime only. It doesn't link back to the games.

>because you specified "new reveals"
Exactly.

>Magearna's link is actually quite fucking flimsy if you ask me.
A specific name being used right after ORAS isn't flimsy.
>>
>>25606096
Link me anything that explicitly says Magearna comes from Azoth Kingdom. Because I couldn't find shit on any of the major sites.

Also, you are making a bunch of assumptions about shit. We know nothing about Azoth. It's literally nothing more than a namedrop. Your argument is essentially worthless without having access to the movie or the script.

Also, if you want links between the games and movies, we have the notched ear Pichu that was revealed early that was a clear link from HG/SS to the Arceus movie. Or are you going to ignore literally everything that refutes your silly theory?
>>
>>25605558
Just because they could redo things without touching models doesn't mean they would. If they see something with subpar quality, I would expect them to want to improve on it.
>>
Magearna was actually made in AZOTH's kingdom.

"Meanwhile, Cabinet Minister Jarvis from Azoth Kingdom, a city of super-machinery where gigantic cogwheels are constantly rotating, has obtained the ultimate invention he has been searching for for so many years. It was the artificial Pokémon Magearna, which was born in the kingdom 500 years ago but since went missing, as well as the unknown power called the "Soul Heart" said to reside inside Magearna."

http://www.serebii.net/movies/volcanion/
>>
>>25606170
Not that guy but I'll just start some infodump that was shown/stated.

>Magearna is man-made and they have not!DaVinci designing Magearna and a laser that has a flower shape
>not!DaVinci doing all this can be assumed to be in the Azoth Kingdom
>Azoth Kingdom has a said minister Jarvis that wants to use Magearna for something (walls are shown moving in the Azoth Kingdom when Magearna activates a power and what have you)
>it was mentioned that Magearna was kidnapped by Jarvis and his merry band from Navel Plateau
That's all that's known and I'm not siding with either one of you.
>>
>>25603248

>hella
>>
File: nice meme.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
nice meme.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>25603282

>This isn't a new generation
>>
>>25603403
get well soon zygarde ;__;
>>
>>25606271
Hadn't found this yet, holds some water. Being born in the Azoth kingdom is an interesting note, but it sounds as though it was absent from the region entirely for all that time (meaning it could have taken up residence in a new region.)

It seems about as solid as the link between Notched Ear Pichu and Arceus though, so I wouldn't call this proof by any means, just a good basis for a theory.
>>
>>25606322
Not him but even if this wasn't a new gen Masuda confirmed they've been simplifying the designs and reducing the amount of pokemon.
>>
>>25603654
all of those are just because gamefreak is retarded
>>
>>25606454
They mention that it was with Volcanion at Navel Plateau but then was kidnapped from there and brought back to Azoth.
>>
>>25606506
Yes, because it being at a place means it was there for 500 years.
>>
>>25606529
I'm just saying what they mention. Magearna was made 500 years ago at the Azoth Kingdom, shit occurs at some time, they're together at a new area, Magearna gets taken and shit occurs again.
>>
>>25604366
>If it can't battle with XY I won't call it gen 6.

Gen 2 could battle with Gen 1, your point would still be moot.
>>
>>25607097
No it couldn't.
>>
File: 14242505_p0_master1200.jpg (126 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
14242505_p0_master1200.jpg
126 KB, 600x600
I'm hoping for at least 100 - 125
>>
>>25603176
Hopefully like 60
>>
File: 1452207582444.jpg (42 KB, 292x532) Image search: [Google]
1452207582444.jpg
42 KB, 292x532
>>25606401
it's gonna be funny when gen 6.5 fags get btfo
>>
>>25606456
>simplifying the designs and reducing the amount of pokemon.
no, he never said that
he said they want to make the games welcoming to new players and family, making them simpler to understand
>>
>>25607460
totally dint mean to reply to that anon.
>>
>>25603176
the starters, the regional shits and the legendaries, all the rest goes into megas :^)
>>
>>25603403
get well soon zygarde
>>
>>25605080
You're the only person ITT I agree with. Everyone seems to be too easily pleased.
>>
>>25605677
NEVER EVER
E
V
E
R

E
V
E
R
>>
>gen 10
>there are now over 9000 pokemon
>super mega evolutions make up 400 of those
>mega evolutions 600
>fusions take up 3000
>venusaur and blastoise get a fusion
>so does blastoise and charizard
>no charizard and venusaur fusion
>charizard is still the only starter with 2 megas and 3 super megas
>charizard can fuse with over 30 pokemon
>most starters can fuse with 3
>ever generation is required by law to provide at least 2 pikaclone, 2 regional birds, 1 regional dog, 1 cat, a lizard, a butterfly, at least 3 inanimate objects, at least 4 furfag panderings mons, a lucario clone, at least 1 lucario side evolution or fusion, no less than 2 pink portly fairy types, at least 1 chimp, at least one naruto Mon, at least 1 edc Mon, at least 3 legendary trios, 2 legendary duos, at least 2 trio masters, 1 mewtwo clone, 3 fae legendaries, 1 girl power Mary sue special snowflake, no less than 4 new methods of evolution, and at least 1 new evolution gimick like mega or fusion evolution
>>
>>25605633
>hy would you ever want to catch nearly 1000 Pokemon?
I dunno VARIETY?

Also more changes to the meta so it doesn't stagnate?
>>
They'll take a page from Yokai Watch's success and start literally recoloring pokemon. Get ready for Pikachu with a strawberry pattern texture.
>>
>>25608147
>DIGIMON DIGITAL MONSTERS DIGIMON ARE THE CHAMPIONS
>>
>>25608172
I think it's amazing how a franchise like Digimon that is known for slapping mechaweapons any and everywhere and merely recoloring creatures and naming them something altogether different (both criticism of which is completely true) still manages to come up with more imaginative base designs than Pokémon.

Amazing and utterly sad.
>>
>>25603403
Thamk mr skeltal
>>
>>25608241
I'd happily debate the originality of base Digimon, but given that there are over 1k of those suckers at this point, and I have never played the games, I'll just let it slide.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.