[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Given that whenever an item is used, it is always used before
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Prof Oak.jpg (13 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Prof Oak.jpg
13 KB, 225x225
Given that whenever an item is used, it is always used before any pokémon move, regardless of speed, does that mean humans are the creatures with the highest base speed stat in the Pokémon universe?
>>
File: Imposter Oak.jpg (4 KB, 164x90) Image search: [Google]
Imposter Oak.jpg
4 KB, 164x90
Also, what was the deal with this guy? Was he a concept that never really went anywhere?
>>
>>25603534
Clearly a team rocket member
>>
No, because usually you need to tell the pokemon to use the move, then the one that reacts to the command first goes first. Since you don't need to command yourself to use an item, you just do it, you can skip that step.
>>
>>25603628
But that happens even in battles against wild pokemon. Hell, you can even throw a pokeball at those pokemon who flee in the first turn.
>>
>>25603534
What are you talking about? Professor Oak is literally one of the first characters you meet
>>
>>25603534
That's just professor oak silly
>>
>>25603587
Yeah I gathered as such, I just want to know more about him
>>
>>25602854
Gameplay mechanics like stats, levels, etc. aren't meant to be taken literally, it's just an abstraction. Why would the Champion (the strongest trainer in the region) only have Pokemon that are barely over half the maximum possible level?
>>
>>25603534
He was in the Manga for like 2 pages
>>
>>25604719
>be gym leader
>have been a trainer for forty years
>my Pokemon have been my constant companions for decades
>beaten by a ten-year-old who started training two hours ago
>>
>>25604719
I don't think OP was meant to be taken literally
>>
Speed is such a grey area that it's bets not to think about it. Because if you do, you'll realize that, by logic, in the same span of time trainers with super fast Pokémon should be able to perform more turns in a battle against a very slow mon. And yet, both sides get the same number of turns regardless of speed.
>>
>>25604920
Nah you take it in turns, that's a given it's like a gentlemans agreement thing, but speed determines who goes first
>>
>>25604386
read the filename spic
>>
>>25606381
it's a
joke
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.