[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which games had the best interface and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Bag.png (8 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
Bag.png
8 KB, 256x192
I feel like no one ever considers the interface/bag to be an important part of the game's quality. Sometimes they can be in the middle(RSE) great (BW/BW2/XY) or just outright terrible (gen 4/FRLG). Which games do you think have the best interface and why?
>>
I don't think FRLG or gen 4's interface was terrible
>>
>>25602501
do you mean interface or the bag specifically? If you just meant interface Gen V was easily the worst with the C-Gear cool skins aside. The bags are all pretty much the same though. idk why you think one is so much better then another. Unless you mean cosmetically.
>>
>>25602501
I was replaying Platinum and all the useless bags (Mail and Battle Items) are inconvenient, is really annoying how you can't scroll a entire page using L or R, it's also kinda slow compared to Gen 6, which is fast and effective.

My favorite bag is the one from BW2, I think that's the "digital" interface, I like this in all the menus of BW and BW2.
>>
>>25602501

>hur dur older games interfaces suck
>hur dur GameFreak made them better overtime

You don't fucking say. Though the Poketch > All when it comes to bottom-screen.
>>
>>25602501

THE FUCK?

FR/LG had a good bag system when they came out, it looked nice, clean and the items were well divided into different categories, it's been a while tho, so I might be forgetting something?
>>
>>25602809
While it was charming and fun at first, Poketch was just random features slapped together. Gen 6 had actual useful features, named Dexnav and PSS for the bottom screen.
>>
File: 1457985014762.jpg (45 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1457985014762.jpg
45 KB, 400x400
>>25602857
>>
>>25602501
The best would ideally be the Gen V bag with the scrolling capabilities of Gen VI.

As it stands now, Gen VI is just mechanically superior to everything before it.
>>
>By aesthetics:
HGSS > FRLG > BW/2 > ORAS > XY > GSC > RSE > RBG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DPPt

>By comfort:
ORAS = XY > BW/2 > FRLG > RSE > GSC > HGSS > RBG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DDPt

Pic related is my personal favourite.
>>
>>25602973
Oh come on, I agree with DPPt being terrible, but you cannot honestly claim that GSC and RSE bags were better in aesthetics or comfort. You're just exaggerating. DPPt had the worst bags out of the post Gen 3 bags though.
>>
>>25603007
Aesthetically speaking you may be right, thou it's all a matter of personal taste. Comfort-like, otherwise, you have to admit that DPPt's bags are slow and redundant as fuck.
>>
>>25602886
Prove me otherwise instead of just posting a smug pic, then.
PSS was a great addition that expanded the online interactivity, a step in the right direction that should be upgraded in SM, I would rather have it in my bottom screen than any of these gimmick gadgets of DPP (Calculator, Calendar, Coin flip, etc? Why I would need that? The map was the only "useful" one, but you can have your map in the bottom screen of ORAS, too).
>>
DPPt has a pretty bad bag interface with all the slow scrolling, but it has the best PC Box interface. HGSS and the following gens gimped it.
>>
>>25602501
HGSS has my fav interface and my least fav is basically anything that came after because they removed the balls pocket and added pointless self-management
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.