[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Blu-Ray collectors edition >$34.99 retail >no Japanese
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 342x425) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 342x425
>Blu-Ray collectors edition
>$34.99 retail
>no Japanese audio
Why do they hate us? They did the same with all of the OS, Orange Islands, and Johto Journeys DVD releases as well.
>>
Because Japanese audio doesn't sync to the English video because of all of the minor cuts.
>>
>>25602406
i bought it. they dont even have the shorts.
my old school original dvd release of the lugia movie doesn't have the fucking short.
my now useless vhs copy of the 3rd movie did though.
>>
>>25602406
>japanese audio for american audience

gee dunno why
>>
>>25602464
Who cares about the shitty gay kiddy shorts
>>
>>25602473
What you're watching and playing right now is shitty gay kiddy movies/games
>>
was going to buy it but I'd rather just wait for a torrent with shorts included
>>
It really is a shame Pichu & Pichu couldn't be included, since the BD Japanese release excluded it.

>>25602457
The correct answer.

>>25602464
You could have known this if you did a minute of research.

>>25602473
The same people who care about the feature length gay kiddy movies.

>>25602697
Wait? Wait for what?

It's been ripped and uploaded. There's nothing more to wait for. The shorts aren't going to be pulled out of the ether. What we have now is what we have.
>>
>>25602769
i knew it wouldnt have the shorts when i bought it, that doesnt make me any less upset that they dont include them anymore.

i really liked the bellossom song.
>>
>>25602913
There's a dual-audio encode on nyaa, not sure if it's still seeded though.

Alternatively, I'd suggest the Apple TV release from 2010. I have a rip of the third film, and it has better colour balance than the Japanese BD, plus the short is included.
>>
>>25602981
I feel like I saw a stream of that once. The audio track shifts to Japanese whenever an undubbed scene plays. It's really annoying.
>>
>>25602470
Most anime movie BR releases like Dragon Ball Z and Naruto come with the original undubbed audio track as an option.

Kind of off topic, but the first DVD of Disney's Mulan had a Chinese audio option, but it was taken out of all the later releases (even though they kept the Spanish and French).
>>
>>25603557
>audio track shifts to Japanese whenever an undubbed scene plays

Some releases are like that, because it's unavoidable at times. "4 Ever" had a completely new scene animated for the dub, involving Oak and Tracey.

Most films don't have any cut scenes, though. It's moreso an issue with specific episodes of the series, like Beauty and the Beach.

>>25604171
This production isn't like those productions. This isn't a hard concept to understand.

Many dubs are made with the intent to create various language audio tracks. Pokemon isn't made like that, in Japan.

The dub is where this comes into play. The music is stripped of more expensive vocal tracks, and the script is made into simple English so it can be cheaply and easily exported and redubbed into other languages.
>>
File: 1393817648810.jpg (7 KB, 201x250) Image search: [Google]
1393817648810.jpg
7 KB, 201x250
>Buying anime
>Buying dubbed anime
>Buying dubbed anime with cut content
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.