[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of these Gen 5 Pokemon Day 10-Unfezant line
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
Before we talked about Munna, now today it's all about Gen 5's regional birdmon Pidove and it's evos Tranquil and Unfezant.
My thoughts: Not a big fan of Pidove. It is arguably the most realistic looking Pokemon to date. It literally looks like a pidgeon (moreso than pidgey ironically). Tranquil is meh, but I do like the design of Unfezant, especially with its serial dimorphism.

Usable wise, I noticed two things wrong with Unfezant:
1. It came after Staraptor
2. Its stats make it a decent attacker, but it has mostly special moves.
Other than that, Unfezant is rather decent.
>>
Tranquil is an ugly, boring and overall shitty design. The others are alright, I like male Unfezant.
>>
it should have been a special attacker
>>
I remember being upset when Pidove was first revealed because its silhouette was so similar to Starly's, and things just kept going downhill from there.
>>
>physical attacking Flying type
>doesn't learn Acrobatics
>doesn't learn Brave Bird

What in the actual fuck
>>
>>25602389
I like male Unfezant's design a lot, and it upsets me that it doesn't stand out among all the Normal/Flying-types. I agree with >>25602430 that it should've been a special attacker to differentiate itself.
>>
Ive never even seen this pokemon lol
>>
>>25602389
It would've been cool if they made it a special Staraptor.

Give it 112 speed, swap it's Attack and Special Attack and give it Focus Blast and Earth Power. Maybe even Infiltrator/Hyper Voice.
>>
>>25602389
female unfezant > male unfezant
>>
>>25602499
Its most viable physical flying type move is Pluck
>>
I really like Pidove and Tranquill's designs. Not crazy about Unfezant, though.
>>
Ugly and fucking terrible shitmons, especially since we had Staraptor before it and all the other good gen 5 mons.
>>
>>25602389

The Pidove line has to be the worst bird line ever, and I actually like gen 5
>>
>>25602389
worst regional bird
>>
it got good shinys but it felt really weak. i wound up taking braviary to the league.
>>
>>25602389
I've always hated it and I still can't like tranquill at all, but that unfezant sprite looks so cool with its wing spread.
Is its model in gen VI even good? I don't reckon ever seeing him
>>
>>25602954
Or fire off one Power Herb Sky Attack and then be completely useless
>>
Pidove is cute. Unfezant is ass.
>>
>>25603194
Flying models are never good.
>>
When game came out my main in my team was unfezant, i loved its design SOOOO MUCH, but i wish it had better stats like higher speed.
Shiny male unfezant is.... gorgeous.
>>
>>25602389
I like pidove for some strange reasons.

Tranquill is a shitty Staravia wannabe and I hate encountering it because of its cancerish moveset.

Unfezant is Unpleasant
They are probably the worst early game bird line to me.
>>
Bump.

Also isn't Noctowl the worst of the birds in terms of competitive?
>>
>>25602954
>>25603352
I won't delude myself into thinking it's good, but
-Wish
-Fly
-Protect/Taunt
-U-Turn
is at least fun.
>>
If Unfezant didn't have utter shit stats when compared to it's movepool, it would've been my favorite regional bird. As pheasants are my 3rd favorite birds and the it's differenciates itself from other reigonal birds with it's drastic gender differences. Even if it did have a decent phyiscal movepool, Staraptor and Braviary gives it serious competition.

As a solution to fix this shitmon I decided to fix it stats with either a mixed(to make it a Normal/Flying Honchkrow with Quick Attack as STAB priority instead), or specially oriented spread as one anon above mentioned

-Original: HP:80 Attack:115 Defense:80 Sp. Atk:65 Sp. Def:55 Speed:93

-Mixed Spread: HP:80 Attack:95(-20) Defense:65(-15) SpAtk:110(+45) SpDef:45(-10) Speed:93

-Special Spread: HP:80 Attack:65(switched w/SpAtk) Defense:80 SpAtk:115(switched w/Atk) SpDef:55 Speed:93

Movepool additions: Hyper Voice, Focus Energy(as Super Luck add one crit ratio, one FE will make a 3 crit count which will make crits gurenteed), Slash(inferior to Return tho but would make good use of Super Luck on the Normal and Mixed spread ingame),Double Kick(after Focus Energy it will be 120 BP move thanks to crits)

>Inb4 no Focus Blast/Close Combat whyyyyy
Im not trying to make it OU, Im trying to make it worth using than complete utter garbage. Gimmickmons are fun.
>>
>>25603990
Oh and I also forgot Acrobatics on the movepool additions. Just in case if you run Power Herb+Sky Attack with Focus Energy.
>>
>>25603887
Noctowl at least has some moves and an ability to match its stats.
Look better too
>>
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Unfezant_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

Lol they gave Unfezant a +10 in Attack this Gen. Really wish GF could switch stats around.
>>
>>25602389
It's design is pretty decent. With evolution we can actually see change unlike in Pidgey line that is simply the same pokemon but bigger. Simply put( No, I'm not hating it, just picked it to compare).
Looking at moves it's nothing special, usual flying/normal regional bird moves.
I feel GF din't want to put too much effort into this one, just standard early bird so you could teach fim fly and help yourself with traveling.

In my opinion this line is ok, or at least neutral.
>>
>>25602389
I can't help but feel that it should have been a two-stage pokemon.

Unlike Staravia or Pidgeotto, Tranquill's design is not just lacking but feels unnecessary.

Seconding the Special Attacker sentiment in other parts of the thread. Maybe even a wider status movepool would have been good.
>>
I like the ideas in here, of Unfezant switching attack stats. They're pretty decent, and if the stats switched I could imagine it being a special Staraptor.
>>
>>25603969
>>>25602954
>>>25603352
>I won't delude myself into thinking it's good, but
>-Wish
>-Fly
>-Protect/Taunt
>-U-Turn
>is at least fun.
That's... not half-bad.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.