[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How are you today, /vp/? Just curious.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10
File: 250px-151Mew.png (43 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-151Mew.png
43 KB, 250x250
How are you today, /vp/?

Just curious.
>>
HOL UP
>>
>>25602168
I'm fine anon, I'm trying to get em all in Pokémon Blue.
>>
>>25602168
Im good. Currently try to complete my hoenn dex in ORAS. Aside from these retarded GTS requests im in the home stretch
>>
File: comfy pepe vidya.png (201 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
comfy pepe vidya.png
201 KB, 620x387
>>25602168
Not too bad. How are you, Anon?
>>
I want to hug Mew!
>>
>>25602168
I feel sad.
>>
>>25602963
Mew was built for hugs
>>
>>25602168
Bad. my 3ds broke the same day i got 2 mew cards and since im too fat and lazy to send it for repair i cant find any use for them.
>>
>>25602168
Started playing Pearl earlier. Started strong at first, but it's getting a little boring now.
>>
Pretty good anon, but breeding with a 50% gender ratio and multiple abilities is killing me
>>
great, I'm on my usual routine of shitposting wherever I please
>>
>>25602168
Pretty good, doing nothin but pretty good
>>
>>25602168
Got closer with a girl that I like, so all is well in the world today.

That, and my completing the pokedex has reached the 600 mark, so only ~118 left to go
>>
I feel terrible. My internet is not shit tier anymore though.

I didnt notice that before, now im happier.
>>
I'm doing pretty great.

I'm working on a Pokemon fan project in my spare time, and it's coming along quite nicely.
>>
I'm developing anorexia and don't know how to stop
>>
>>25602168
Trying to not die.
Not really, just figuring how to fix some glitches in a program I'm coding.
>>
>>25602168

Good, Just playing a little PSMD, waiting for a sweet girl to come online. Hope the rest of you are doing alright.
>>
>>25602168
I'm okay. Ready to get off work and spam a box or two of eggs, but I unfortunately have shit to do before that
>>
File: 1380566793758.png (99 KB, 484x448) Image search: [Google]
1380566793758.png
99 KB, 484x448
>>25602168
Today is the first day in along time I will have the opportunity to kill myself in privacy.

If I drank a bottle of bleach, how long does it take me to die? I'd rather not be alive when my family finds my corpse.
>>
>>25602168
Playing Yellow. Thought some of my friends would be playing the Gen 1 games on their 3DS's as well when it hit vc, but I guess I was wrong.
>>
>>25611928
If you want to kill yourself, better do something more... productive, like enlisting yourself to deactivate landmines or something like that.
>>
>>25611945
I would have to be in good physical condition to join the army or something, and deactivating landmines would surely require long and detailed lessons on how to do so.
>>
>>25611928
Painfully over several hours. Faster and easier to hang.
>>
>>25602397
>Completed national dex.
>Transferred over my Shedinja from Ruby all the way up to Alpha Sapphire.
>Have both these posters displayed in my base as proof.
Nothing beats this feeling.
>>
>>25611928
bleach isn't a good way. you will be in ER and it'll hurt like hell. Seriously, at most you will damage your internal organs and have to live on a ventilator for the rest of your life
>>
Redownloaded World of Tanks (matilda is a best), made a meatloaf, did some research for a table top game I may be running, and advanced a gym in my AS nuzlocke run. Pretty good day so far.
>>
>>25611928
Bleach is a fucking horrible way to do it, do you not have a car?
>>
>>25611928
Why exactly do you want to kill yourself? You have your whole life ahead of you still.
>>
>>25611928
Try crying more.
>>
>>25602168
Pretty good. Enjoying the morning.
>>
>>25611969
>>25611994
No place to hang myself, so it's either this or stabbing myself to death.

>>25612003
Nope, no car sadly.

>>25612006
>You have your whole life ahead of you still.
That's the problem anon, there is no end in sight.

>>25612037
Will do.
>>
I'm okay I guess. I just restarted my Pokémon White game so I could start liking this Gen a little more.

What are the best looking mons from Gen V?
>>
>>25612068
Please don't do it.
I don't know you enough to help you but please reach out to someone who does, like family or friends.
Suicide is a long term solution to short term problems.
It isn't worth it. Please.
>>
File: gently pet the zigzagazoo.gif (845 KB, 540x300) Image search: [Google]
gently pet the zigzagazoo.gif
845 KB, 540x300
>>25612068
Stick around. Sun and Moon this year.
And man, talk to me about your problems. I been there (and no lie, that last moment where you try and build up the willpower to slash your own throat out - I broke, couldn't do it). You can talk about it now and try and figure out a better path now or risk it all on that trip to the edge to see if you really can do it.

And see the thing is, if you talk now and miss your opportunity window - well the thing about living is all you got is time.
>>
>>25611962
There sure are lots of other risky jobs out there.
Remember this anon. https://i.imgur.com/kMimE.jpg

If you want to allow yourself to reconsider, I'd suggest you to travel. Know other places, expand your boundaries. They cannot be stronger than your life.

And if you don't have money, just fucking climb on a truck while nobody watches and let yourself flow.
>>
>>25612068
>Why do you want to an hero?
>I see no end in sight
I am legitimately confused. You didn't answer the question.

>>25612093
Jesus just yell "I LOVE TUMBLR ALREADY", you faggot.
Anon shouldn't kill himself but you don't have to come out of the closet to convince him not to.

Just don't do it, fag. There are a lot of things to look forward to. >>25612128 Sun and Moon, Pokémon Go.
The Pokémon world exists for us lonely faggots with unhappy lives. They love us there.
>>
File: timmy.jpg (22 KB, 297x192) Image search: [Google]
timmy.jpg
22 KB, 297x192
mad as hell, father died last night
just gotta shitpost those emotions away
>>
i've a bit of a hangover
>>
>>25612093
>short term problems

Wake up
Go to work
Come home
Sleep

Repeat for 5 days a week, then on the weekends:

Wake up
Too tired to do anything but shitpost on 4chan
Sleep

Repeat this whole process for the rest of my life until maybe I can retire if I haven't been worked to death by then.

All for what? A hand full of tv shows/movies and video games? There is nothing else that brings me close to happiness but they still don't feel worth all of the agony of working 5 days a week for them, and when I have the time to even play/watch them I'm too tired to properly enjoy them as work is still on my mind.

Worst is that I know don't have a "bad" life either, but it's still not enough to justify working for the weekends.
>>
>>25612154
>The Pokémon world exists for us lonely faggots with unhappy lives. They love us there.
This is a little depressing but true.

>>25612160
I'm sorry, anon. Shitpost all you want for today. This stuff really gets me, I really am sorry.
>>
>>25612194
Get a better job then. Find something you like, everything you said makes me think you work at a supermarket or something.

Step it up nigga.
>>
>>25612068
Knife would be less painful than bleach, quicker too. If you cut you you artery (the main one in your neck, where you feel your pulse) you'll be dead in seconds, bleach might not even work
>>
I AM ROCK MAN

MASTER OF ROCKS

I AM CURRENTLY WORKING ON A GODDAMN ESSAY AT 3:36 IN THE MORNING

I JUST WANT TO SLEEP AND DREAM ABOUT ROCKS

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH PROCRASTINATING

ROCKS ARE THE BEST

>>25612160
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR DAD, ANON

SHIT SUCKS

>>25612079
THE ROCK TYPES

>>25611928
YOU SEEM TROUBLED

MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO OUT AND MINE YOUR TROUBLES AWAY

IT REALLY HELPS

MAYBE TAKE A HIKE IN THE MOUNTAINS OR SOMETHING IF THERE ARE ANY AROUND YOUR PLACE

TAKE A LOOK AT THE PRETTY ROCKS

>>25608728
I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK WITH BOTH THINGS, ANON

MAKE SURE THAT SHE LIKES ROCKS

ROCKS ARE THE BEST

LIKING ROCKS IS A SIGN OF GOOD TASTE

>>25606047
YOU AND ME BOTH, ANON
>>
>>25612225
>Get a better job then

Oh fuck your right thank you so much let me just go get one of those good jobs they have lying around all over the place.

The job I currently have (which is in a supermarket, congrats) is the best one I can get. The only other jobs available to me are far worse.
>>
>>25612194

At least wait until more S&M info gets revealed.
>>
>>25612246
*your carotid artery

My bad
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (32 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
32 KB, 1280x720
>>25612274
You don't get better stuff because you don't want to. If you changed that fucking attitude of yours, shit would be different.

Hell, look for opportunities at new stuff, faggot. Talk to people, find stuff to do and get paid for.

I am a mexicunt, okay? And I don't see myself ending up as the rest of the mediocre people here. If I could find a job I like, well paid for the amount of work I do, and that lets me afford life at the age of 19 in this shithole of a country, you can too.

Stop bitching and
>
>>
>>25612315
You too, Rock Lee. Get that fucking essay done. >>25612264
>>
>>25612154
>Jesus just yell "I LOVE TUMBLR ALREADY", you faggot.
Oh fuck off! You're the first one in this thread to even mention tumblr
>>
>>25612315
You can't bully someone into wanting to stay alive, that's not how it works

Deciding when and how to die is one of the biggest decisions the average person can make, I don't get why being Mexican means you can make that decision for the guy
>>
>>25612264
thanks showderp
>>
File: food with friends.jpg (150 KB, 540x702) Image search: [Google]
food with friends.jpg
150 KB, 540x702
>>25612274
Ah! I know that feeling, that's where I was three years ago. Working at a Kroger within walking distance stocking and bagging.

You mentioned you don't have wheels. If you can, save up and get a shitty ass used car. A bike, anything really. I'm not sure where you live but if you can get about 1000 stashed away or ask your parents for a one time loan to be paid back eventually, take it and your car and find a cheap apartment in the city. I wound up going to Cincinnati. If you work for a grocery chain and pay a visit to HR before you move - see if you can be transferred to a branch in your location of choice for guarantee of employment while you get your feet under you.

You may see an initial drop in living quality - out of the parents house and into a little furnished apartment, with most of your money goes to rent, utilities, and basic living. But then little by little you start getting your own things, forcing yourself to a budget (rough advice, take whatever you earn and take about 20% off to save for taxes, then deduct rent, your car payments, utilities, gas, and say $100-200 for general living expenses per month which should be capable even on minimum wage), that sort of thing and you find money starts saving up.

Meanwhile look around your area for other jobs that pay a little better or are more suited to your interests. Bagging and stocking at the grocery pays the bills but its usually minimum wage so you can do better. However you've already done a good bit of work, you've got an employment history and references at your current place of work and a good attendance history. Great stuff, entry-level employers love that shit.

Now what kind of things pay a little better, are almost always hiring, and often include opportunity for training/advancement? Warehouses, manufacturing, basic assembly, that sort of thing. I ended up moving from $8.50 an hour at the Kroger to $12.25 at a company that made doors and window frames.
>ctd.
>>
>>25612363
>I don't get why being Mexican means you can make that decision for the guy
I didn't say that. I said that about 70% of people in this shit country live in shit conditions but I decided I wouldn't be like them so I got my shit together and it worked because I didn't just pussy out. That's all.

You think I'm bullying him? I would suggest both you and him grow a pair. I'm just trying to knock some sense into him. Clearly sweet talking people out of it never works.
>>
>>25612395
'knocking sense' into someone who's clearly mentally ill doesn't work, otherwise psychiatry wouldn't exist as a field

Telling people about how you plan on working yourself out of a shithole is all well and good, but it doesn't help someone whose self esteem is already so low they plan on killing themselves and in fact is probably going to make things worse if your aim is to stop him dying
>>
Made auslove and his fans squirm with pro-trump onixes, got some good breejects to work with from wtw, and I'm just unloading my last box of trumps as I wait for my work shift to end. Good day all in all
>>
File: cooking with ampharos.png (1 MB, 1280x1536) Image search: [Google]
cooking with ampharos.png
1 MB, 1280x1536
>>25612380
Now working there had one extra requirement over working for Kroger - you had to be able to lift things regularly, up to 50 pounds. So while I was looking for jobs I started doing cheap basic exercise to build up the required stamina that bagging groceries just didn't do. Find something that works for you, I started just doing something for five minutes every hour or two of sitting at my computer I did each night. 10 jumping jacks to warm up a little, then 10 squats, then ten push ups, then ten squats, then twenty crunches. Over time I increased the amount, or added things in like burpees or the water jugs to add to the basic regimen. Its really quite gratifying to within days or weeks to see improvement, to be able to push yourself to doing 15-20 pushups, to 30 squats, etc. Feels great and you feel like you're not just wasting your nights - you're building something with a goal.

Then you get the job you're looking at, maybe the specific one you saw when you started was taken in the time but there's plenty of general labor jobs to go around wherever there's warehouses and manufacturing.

When you see that 1/5th to 1/3rd increase in your pay over working at the grocery your living options really shoot up. You can buy furniture for your apartment, buy nicer food, eat out once and awhile, go to the pub with the new friends you've made at work or just around, and get a gym membership if you found you liked the exercise and hit the limits of what you could do on your own in your place.

More to the point, you have the experience of this new job and the skills to go with it. Spend some time, go through training and certification programs whenever the company offers to foot the bill. Become a more valuable person and you'll have even more opportunities open up. Eventually you might find a comfortable place doing what you do but I found having another goal helped keep me going - I saved up to take a machinist's certification at the local community college.
>>
Attention whoring general
>>
File: knitted sheep.jpg (65 KB, 500x614) Image search: [Google]
knitted sheep.jpg
65 KB, 500x614
>>25612483
It took me a couple months but I saved up and had enough. Took my night classes a couple nights a week for a third of a year. Made it known to my employers near the end who I'd built a decent working relationship and they found a position to make use of my skills within the company, at a slight boost to my then current pay. So I continued to work for them for a couple years. Built up two years of work experience in machining and maintenance, got certification in welding over the course of it as well the company paid for and an automotive course for self interest. From there I started looking for jobs again. I was comfortable, I liked the people I worked for, I'd moved into a nicer apartment, had a nicer used car that I knew enough to tinker with now but I wanted something more than making house accessories. I ended up finding a position as a machinist with a local aerospace company and that's where I am now. I get to make parts for jet engines! How cool is that? Making $22.50 an hour and have much more interesting work.

It's been a long road from five years ago but I'm really glad I took that push. I was on the edge of killing myself but I backed down, I got scared, and I realized there was an alternative - that I rationalized somewhat morbidly at the time - I could make my own way in the world and build what I wanted to be and if I failed to keep myself under a roof then I could just walk off the nearest overpass bridge.

It really doesn't take that long to turn your life around. You don't need to go to university to have interesting work or a good job. You just need experience and a jump. I mean really, what have you got to lose?

I believe in you.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.