[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who would recommend this? It looks pretty fun but im not sure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 12
File: 2925217-yo-kai1.jpg (219 KB, 1024x668) Image search: [Google]
2925217-yo-kai1.jpg
219 KB, 1024x668
Who would recommend this? It looks pretty fun but im not sure if i should spend the money on it
>>
2 japanese 4 me
>>
>>25598995
See some of the things that make it look kinda appealing is its weird quirkiness
>>
The character designs really turn me off from it.
>>
My girlfriend loves it, but from what I can tell aside from the fact you are collecting and battling with monsters, it's pretty far removed from Pokemon. If you are prepared for that and don't expect it to be just like Pokemon, you will probably enjoy it.
>>
>>25599035
Yea im gonna get it pokemon got really boring
>>
>>25598982
i couldn't care less about the designs
how good is the gameplay compared to other monster catching games?
>>
>>25599108
Combat seems chaotic as fuck. More about teambuilding than execution.

But I only played the demo so what do I know.
>>
>>25598982
I kinda want to give the full game a shot, and maybe read the manga.

I watched subs of the anime and it got me interested.
>>
File: fixed it for you.png (3 MB, 1184x8682) Image search: [Google]
fixed it for you.png
3 MB, 1184x8682
>>25598982
I'd recommend it if you're looking for something that's a change of pace for regular RPGs, but recruitment rate is a bitch. If you don't mind spending seconds to hours befriending certain yokai, go for it.
>>
>>25598982
Can you play as a girl?
>>
File: 1446485289283.png (670 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1446485289283.png
670 KB, 1200x1200
The game is fun, I like how the bosses has its own little "tactic" to beat. Like one boss spawns hearts in the background, You have to pop them before he's back at full health. Or a boss where you have to distroy the swords and armor before you can deal real damage.

I do hate the "catching" even If i throw the favorite food, another Yokai still joins me instead of the food one.

I think its a fun game if you love monster collecting like I do.
>>
>>25599205
Yes, you can Anon.
>>
>>25599205
Yes. You can play as the boy (whose official name is Keita in Japanese or Nate in English) or the girl (whose official name is Fumika in Japanese or Katie in English). The other character is among the supporting cast, depending on which one you choose.
>>
>>25598982
its like totally the best game. tons of cool memes and other neat stuff.
do it
>>
>>25598982
I've enjoyed it for it's quirky nature and fun designs, but keep in mind that it is not Pokemon. The only things they have in common are monster collecting and a handfull of them evolve.

Watch a couple gameplay videos to get a good idea of what sort of content you're getting into.
>>
>>25599108
It's far closer to a more fast paced Dragon Quest Monsters than Pokemon.
As a whole it's pretty easy up till endgame when the difficulty makes a sudden ramp up.
>>
File: 1448445048392.png (583 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448445048392.png
583 KB, 1280x720
>>25599225
best daughteru
>>
File: 1457659077048.jpg (142 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1457659077048.jpg
142 KB, 600x600
>>25599244
>nate
where is the crossover art
>>
>>25598982
Get the demo off the eshop. It's cute, you go around exorcising people, some good metaphor in there. The battling side is nothing like pokemon but has a mini-game element to it. Give it a go, just don't expect it to be Pokemon.
>>
File: 53939934_p0.jpg (187 KB, 603x782) Image search: [Google]
53939934_p0.jpg
187 KB, 603x782
A reminder for everyone to motemote~ your favorite youkais!
>>
I'm sure that this game is quite good except being friends is so hard like my real life ;)
>>
>>25598982
Its a complete downgrade from pokemon. Then again, if you dont care for battle mechanics then play it.
>>
File: CdJWfgYWAAAQIa3.jpg (39 KB, 600x335) Image search: [Google]
CdJWfgYWAAAQIa3.jpg
39 KB, 600x335
>>25599724
Tons of people don't play pokemon competitively but as far as fun goes
Yo kai>pokemon
>>
No way, I got the free demo last week expecting it to be good. It was the least challenging, most mundane game ever. I'm assuming the target demographic is preschool children?
>>
I played about 5 hours of it before getting exhausted because they drop a bunch of side quests on you at once, and I always have to finish everything immediately. The battle system is also annoying, it's fun for the first few times but then you're going around the city battling Youkai dozens of times because of the fucked capture rates.
Other than all that I really liked it and I'll get back into it eventually.
Heard Youkai Watch 2 takes you back in time to around the 50s in Japan, which piques my interest.
>>
lol dumb americans don't know how to pronounce "youkai" so they had to change the name to yo-kai. make sure you spell everything out and break down words for all the smarties in your country
>>
>>25600324
I bet you got triggered by Pokémon's name change and localization too
>>
>>25598982
I have a copy. the graphics are really nice but the gameplay is really dumbed down for the kiddies.
>>
>>25598982
I dunno. On one hand, while the majority of designs in the game are either completely retarded or very blatantly just more cartoon-y versions of real yokai, there's a considerable amount of well designed ones.

On the other hand, the gameplay itself is dreadful. Battles are even more simple than Pokemon battles, and then there's the fact that catching yokai is a pain in the ass.

tl;dr the only thing it has going for it is "It's not pokemon/made by game freak" and "there are some designs that aren't absolutely dreadful", but that's not enough to justify spending money on it.
>>
Endgame is actually pretty hard, from the demo you'll get the feeling the battle system is just chaos but there's plenty of factors further on.
>>
Is every fucking battle a triple battle?

Is the combat/stats more or less complex then pokemon? How imporant is stats/elements abilities and move selection compared to Pokemon?
>>
>>25601208
See >>25599177 . sometimes it'll be 1 v 3
>>
>>25601208
Probably less complex either way. There is a bigger focus on team building however as each yokai can do multiple jobs depending on inspirit, Soultimate, and stats despite having set skills.
I think you get control of the element technique the yokai has in the second game along with inspirit effect, but so far I've only seen slimamander changing elements
>>
>>25599108
The battles are mostly automatic. This turned me off enough, so I will not play it.
>>
What are your guys thoughts about the 'get a load of this' poster that plagues threads talking about shit designed pokemon?
>>
>>25603540
as much as i think the term literally means nothing at this point,he's a cuck.
yokai watch's designs may be simple or childish in a game made for children but there's always something clever about them. like the skeleton, its a Gashadokuro, or starving skeleton. It's a youkai comprised of the bones of starvation victims, constantly eating but never feeling full. in yokai watch they made a pun off its name and now its obsessed with gachapon machines, constantly buying them but never getting the one it wants. thats really clever and unique! and its pretty much what all the designs convey. some little joke or pun, like jimenken, he's based on a real urban legend but instead of some cute dog or handsome man he's this painfully uncool old guy. they're funny and clever and not that much worse than a lot of pokemon designs
>>
File: 1457496256006.jpg (192 KB, 480x400) Image search: [Google]
1457496256006.jpg
192 KB, 480x400
>>25603918
to say no designs are cute and all are ugly is just flat out wrong, too
>>
>>25598982
I think there is a free demo in the eshop
>>
File: Jibanyan_Anime_Blushing.gif (531 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Jibanyan_Anime_Blushing.gif
531 KB, 500x281
>>25603947
a much as i know its literally there for this purpose, i want to hug jibanyan so badly
>>
File: tumblr_o2mi2mGGg41v5cjdro1_1280.png (319 KB, 892x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2mi2mGGg41v5cjdro1_1280.png
319 KB, 892x500
>>25603947
>>
I was not sure about getting it but i ended buying it and no regrets. Yes, the demo shows you a really weird battle but once you get it it's pretty good, rly, kinda fun. Your youkais are most likely into auto battle, you play as support, switching them, healing with food, activating their final moves.
Then there are a lot of mini misions, i love them. A little bit quick to do, spontaneous.
I love the game, thats my opinion. Erase the idea of "another game like pokemon" from you mind, it's very different. Aaand sorry for the english, hope this has helped you :)
>>
>>25598982
>asking /vp/ about anything other than pokemon

OP just trying to start shit
>>
>>25605452
Damn, reading the thread there are some good anons in here.

I am proud.
>>
>>25599225
>>25599284
You can compare her with the best pokegirls she's that good.
>>
>>25603954
the demo gets some major flak apparently.
Apparently there are some things t oconsider
>You start with an overleveled team (10, while you fight with lvl 1-4 for the most part, except for Blazion)
>Items and inventory access is disabled, preventing you from switching team members around or with new members
>Boss fights aren't actually boss fights, just another average youkai.
>Failed to explain how battles works, notably the very first thing stated in the full game: "Yokai fight for you, even if you don't do anything"
>Too short, often because people only follow main quest instead of exploring town and doing things other than main quest.
There's probably more, but that is the usual complaints. Demo is more of a graphics showcase than a gameplay one.
>>
>>25605483
is it ok to sexualize her?
>>
>>25605573
Yes.
>>
>>25599044
The battles are much less involved than Pokémon. Half the tome my monsters killed the enemy while I was doing this little minigames
>>
>>25605483
she has hair on her leg
>>
>>25605522
you also forgot
>HP/Soultimate charges fully after every battle, while in full game it only charges for level up or visiting an eyepo.
This causes impressions where people can simply soultimate to win every battle...which doesn't always work.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.