[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The ultimate test...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Indigo_Plateau.png (492 KB, 567x319) Image search: [Google]
Indigo_Plateau.png
492 KB, 567x319
So lets take a look at the Pokémon formula, and the one we will be covering is the Pokémon League challenge. You should know how it goes, so what can we replace the Pokémon League with?, or what type of new final challenge will you like to see besides facing 4 skilled trainers that will eventually lead you to the champ of the region.
>>
>>25598624
Elite Four of Villains, Champion is Big Bad.
>>
Just make it a tournament like the ashnime
Dome was perfect in Emerald
>>
Normal elite 4 for the people who don't want to be competitive.

Introduce the international Elite 4.

You have to go against 4 players who are also looking to challenge the E4. Basically it's vs other players.

No healing. Good luck getting to the champion.

Champion is AI. But with a good team.
>>
>>25599067
>Just make it a tournament like the ashnime
This
>>
>>25599115
>no healing
So the last match is just going to be your last two surviving Pokemon against their entire stall team? Awesome plan. Love it.
>>
>>25598624

The e4 is based on the 4 heavenly kings trope that nips love to put in basically everything. I think it's pretty fundamental to japanese storytelling so def keep the e4, but make it so that they're actually involved in the story. What I would like to see is for them to be given an antagonistic role like in the rby manga, with the champion being the game's villain like >>25599010 said
>>
>>25599136
You wanted a challenge, you got a challenge.

Also it's more of a luck game.
>>
>>25599067
This, with some matches having random perma-weather to match the elemental fields that the anime has, and encourage having varied teams.
>>
Make it so you can get to all regions at all time. So you can challenge the gyms in any order that you like.
Depending on your badges the Gym gets harder.

All HMs allow you to get to regions with rarer pokemon.

The world is divided in 4 regions each representing one of the E4 types.

For example: a water area, a desert area, a snowy area, a forest area.

In the middle there's a giant tower.

At the top lies the E4.
>>
>>25599067
This. Tournament arcs in games can be so fucking good. Especially when the NPCs change what they say between each fight. One of my favorites is the one in Mario Tennis for GBC. I think something done like that would work great in Pokemon.
>>
>>25599010
That's kind of what gen 5 did.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.