[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you play competitively, /vp/? I mostly don't battle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20160315_210846.jpg (2 MB, 2698x3006) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160315_210846.jpg
2 MB, 2698x3006
Why do you play competitively, /vp/?

I mostly don't battle other people because of this bullshit.
>>
You're playing against underaged AR abusers. Nobody competitive uses autistic legendary Pokemon like that.

Also git gud. It's a lot of fun, I say this as a former casualfag.
>>
Everyone gets mad and confused when I say I hate legendaries, and that S/M shouldn't introduce any.

They're useless. They completely unbalance the game, such as OP's post.

The solution is to ban them from online/competitive play, but then what's the point in having them at all?
>>
File: fggdgdgdg.png (535 KB, 439x606) Image search: [Google]
fggdgdgdg.png
535 KB, 439x606
>>25597985

That's not even the kind of shit that gets my goat. This is.

Fucking CHALK is so boring fuck
>>
Then play a format that's actually competitive instead of unrated's uberfest.

It's that easy.
>>
File: tumblr_m6py3rFzt71r2dm5uo1_500.png (254 KB, 500x419) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6py3rFzt71r2dm5uo1_500.png
254 KB, 500x419
>>25597985
>Advanced Generation team
My nigga
>>
While I was completing my living dex, I kept getting challenged by people like this. Usually I just had a party with Talonflame and a bunch of eggs so I couldn't do much. Even when I put my in-game team in my Battle Box they never stood a chance against legendaries since they weren't properly EV-trained or IV-bred. Then after I completed my living dex, I bred a team of competitive Pokemon and put them in my Battle Box. But I haven't gotten a single challenge since I've done this.
>>
>>25598163
I'll take you on m8
>>
>>25597985
>having the same team as Ass Ketchup

I hope your babies are deformed
>>
>>25598183
Joke's on you, I'm dying a virgin.
>>
>>25598183
Shit nigga no need to act so autistic over a choice of Pokemon
>>
>>25598015
Just like mega evolution is gated at one per team/battle, legendaries should be gated at only 1 per team online, even in free battles. Perhaps lesser legendaries like trio's won't be included in the restriction. I think that would be reasonable, since the point of the end-game is to get legendaries and mega stones, but restrict them both because of their power
>>
>>25597985
>not playing rated
there's your problem
>>
>>25597985
Because dealing with Smogonfags is worse than pulling teeth.
>>
>>25597985
just git gud
>>
>>25598443
Holy shit. Now I want this.
>>
>>25598007
>Nobody competitive
>VGC 2016 allows 2 legendaries
>>
>>25598026
disgusting
>>
>>25599442
hur dur legends are op hur dur i only use shitmons hur dur
>>
>>25598026
what's CHALK stand for? Either way that pic is why i've written off competitive entirely.
>>
>>25597985
I play because it's fun to make unappreciated mons shine more against the big boys.
>>
I know you're fighting against tryhards, op, but your team looks like it could try a little harder. Also, you'd probably be more comfortable in UU if you're willing to move to simulators.

>>25598015
You'd have a point if all legends were overpowered and all normal pokemon weren't overpowered.
>>
>>25598026
This hurts my eyes make it go away.
>>
I really want to get into competitive, it seems so much fun, I just have no idea where to start. All I know is the basics, enough to easily beat the game but I get wrecked whenever I battle my friends. Where should I start?
>>
>>25599504
Cresselia, Heatran, Amoonguss, Landorus, Kangaskhan
>>
>>25599653
Smogon tutorials and experience. Showdown randoms are a great way to get a hang of battling without the team building trial and error. Then try building teams you like in showdown. Then build those teams in your actual game. That's how I do it, at least.
>>
Because autists pretend kids games are competitive like smash fags
>>
>>25598163
they probably challenged you because they saw talonflame was your party lead
>>
>>25597985
playing this shit forces you to pick the lesser of two evils, either you join them in their autistic abuse of overpowered pokemon or cave in a play by smogon rules.
showdown is way more convenient to access but, i just wanna pick my bros
>>
>>25597985
I usually don't play fags like that. I also usually have my team EV trained and good to go because fags like that usuallynever EV train
>>
>>25598026
Nice job posting a pic from 2015
>>
>>25598443
>>25599411
The Special ladder has a very similar restriction, except that it lets you bring two big legends, and the weaker legends aren't included in the restriction either.
>>
>>25597985
Isn't that for random battles only? I thought ranked battles banned legendaries (at least the main legendaries and event legendaries). I don't see why unranked battles between to random trainers should have restrictions. Just decline their request.
>>
>>25597985
>tfw playing rating battles mostly
>switch off wifi if the other faggot is an obvious tryhard during team preview (mega kangaskhan, all psuedo legends, etc)
>>
I wish Gen 7 added a "team score" and used that to put you against other kids if you used all legends, or against other shitmons if you use shitmons.
>>
>>25604041
id like that
then you could use shitmons without insta losing anyway
would give more variety
>>
most people itt don't seem to realize that [gasp] kids play pokemon and bring in legends because they think they will win thanks to them or they just like them
and kids usually aren't very good at this game, so if you're worth your shit and don't use complete shitmons like op, you should win anyway
made even easier by the fact current-year vgc allows you to bring in 2 big legends
>>
>>25604115
except kids google top pokemon teams click on the highest rated youtube video and just use action replay to shove in the strongest teams they can.

if my three year old nephew can efficiently use an ipad to browse the internet and download movies then anyone upwards from 5 is capable of being a shitter.
>>
>>25604067
I can see it being flawed. There might be one Mon good in singles but bad in doubles or the opposite so it would have a lower score yet be a really broken mon with that score level.
>>25604041
No. If I use Land-T I don't want to be put up against someone using a Kyogrr
>>
>>25597985
because it's fun and you get to meet interesting people and you get high fives n shit if you win and in the end it's all good
>>
>>25604323
Not all legends need to be on the same tier. LandoT could go with Latios for instance
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.