[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Red, Blue, Yellow 3DS VC progress
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: blue version progress.png (625 KB, 897x1186) Image search: [Google]
blue version progress.png
625 KB, 897x1186
How is your adventure in Kanto coming along my friends?

Just finished Vermillion Gym and I'm doing some training right now for my lower level pokes to get more Pokedex entries. Not sure if I want to go for 100%, may as well now since I glitched a Mew in.

Debating on whether or not I should use it because it might make the game way too easy, and using something like Mew as a HM slave is just sinful.

How about you senpai?
>>
I will never play Gen 1 because its shit
>>
i woldn't use it
>>
Were EVs a thing in Gen I?
>>
>>25597829
Already beat red

my team was

Beedrill
Tentacruel
Electrode
Arbok
Tangela
Chansey

>he didn't use his starter

I wanted to play it with pokemon I had never used before, otherwise I always end up using my starter + a psychic type and the other 4 mons barely see any action because you don't really need them
>>
>>25597872
I think they are called DVs in gen 1

the way they work is different. I think you can actually max everything with any pokemon. But I'm not sure, I never took the mechanics of these games too seriously
>>
>>25597829
I got m version of Red a couple weeks ago. Played like a maniac for the first few days.

Did a Nuzlocke, and luckily didn't lose anyone yet.
Team is:
Pimp the Dratini (the one you can get for coins)
Scorch the Charizard (stater, always go Charmander!)
Ragnarok the Pterodactyl
Gojira the Nidoking
Ganja the Vileplume
Mew the Mew

I got lucky for the mew glitch, caught an Abra first try before I even tried hit the second Gym. I was planning on doing the glitch anyways, but this way, I can finally use a Mew on a game!

I'm currently at the Elite 4. But I need to train my Mons first. Especially Dratini.
>>
Just beat Blue yesterday actually.
Team:
Sandslash
Victreebel
Ninetails
Slowbro
Magneton
Aerodactyl

Still haven't caught Mewtwo though, and I'm waiting for a friend to get Red or Yellow so I can complete the dex.
>>
So I can use the Mew glitch to get absolutely any Pokemon right?

What's the easiest way to get Charmander and Bulbasaur via this method? Like which Pokemon have the right special values?
>>
>>25597979
Don't know, but if you're playinf Red/Blue, you can get any of the starters in any form with the missigNo glitch. Just look up what letters you need. Did this to get Squirtle and Bulbazar
>>
>>25597829
I'm currently training my Vulpix in Yellow before taking on Erika.

Current team is:

Nidoking
Gyarados
Ivysaur
Jolteon
Vulpix
>>
>Yellow Hall of Fame
Pikachu
Marowak
Arcanine
Articuno
Tauros
Persian (Mew Glitch)

Living dex already uploaded to Bank so I'm not bothering. Anyone else hoping theres a ribbon or some kind of event for uploading them to Sun and Moon?
>>
>>25598091
Ow yeah, I'm hopping there's some kind of ribbon an reward (like there was in ORAS when you imported a Gen 3 Pokè)
>>
Just got to Lavender
Currently running a team of:

Meowth
Raticate
Mankey
Parasect
Fearow
Ekans

Trying to use things I wouldn't normally use for a bit of fun and its been kind of interesting resorting to more than just type advantages to win battles. Also Meowth a cute
>>
What's the best time to give at Moon stone to Nidorino and Nidorina? Are there any moves I don't want to miss out on or do all their best moves come from TMs?=
>>
File: pokemon red tem 6 badge.png (64 KB, 249x176) Image search: [Google]
pokemon red tem 6 badge.png
64 KB, 249x176
[ignore the file name, it's just a typo]
I made this thing for my Pokemon Red playthrough I'm on right now.
It's actually NOT a Nuzlocke (I'm doing that in X)
And, as of right now, I'm 7 badges in and the nostalgia is hitting hard AF.
I really wanna find someone in person to trade my Kadabra and Graveler, though...
Also, names:
Charizard - Atlas
Beedrill - Arin
Fearow - Arpeggio
Graveler - Axis
Kadabra - Arnold
Dragonair - Aeon

So far so good, the team is doing exactly what I want/needed each of them to do for me.
I'm honestly only using Fearow because of FLY but my god he's a total beast, also!
>>
>>25598145
There's horn drill, but I find 1HKO moves to be unreliable, so I'd say go for it immediately.
>>
File: pokemonxnuzlocke 8 badge.png (65 KB, 250x175) Image search: [Google]
pokemonxnuzlocke 8 badge.png
65 KB, 250x175
>>25598146
And, if you're curious, here's the one from my X nuzlocke!
I've lost:
~Beedrill
~Greninja
~Flabebe

All from stupid, idiot mistakes...
(this is why you don't play when you're tired!)

And, yes, I'm using Xerneas, because
1 - I don't care
2 - It's honestly one of my favourite Legendaries...

THEIR NAMES
Charizard - Atlas
Diggersby - Baps
Raichu - Solana
Lucario - Mr. Piccolo
Gengar - Tobias
Xerneas - Xandir

(RIP Beedrill, you'll be used AF in my main Pokemon game, Alpha Sapphire)
>>
>>25598145
Evolve them ASAP, the moves they could learn via leveling as rino/rina are either garbage, or can be taught via tm.
>>
Went with Yellow because of the sprites but didn't end up really using any of the starters. Red and Blue were also available for trades if need be.

About to enter Victory Road.
>Party
Persian
Rhydon
Machamp
Dodrio
Cloyster
Parasect

>Alts
Beedrill
Fearow
Dugtrio
Raticate
Snorlax

>Boxed
Pikachu
Ivysaur
Charmander
Wartortle
Weepinbell
Poliwhirl
Mankey
Hitmonlee
Lapras
Jolteon
Haunter
Drowzee
Starmie
Omanyte
>>
Recently defeated Blaine.

Party:
Poliwhirl, Persian, Magmar, Venusaur, Fearow, Kadabra.

Haven't used any TM up to now since i always wanted to "have them all at the same time", but im running out of space.
>>
File: 1457404484098.jpg (44 KB, 570x428) Image search: [Google]
1457404484098.jpg
44 KB, 570x428
>Yeller at Celadon city
Pikachu
Venonat
Sandslash
>Reserves/Variable
Hitmonlee
Charmeleon
Wartortle
Ivysaur
Raticate
Gyarados
Eevee
>>
>>25597829
Been grinding in fuchsia

Blastoise 51
Parasect 41
Golem 40
Ninetales 40
Jynx 40
Raichu 39

I want a Magmar because I've never used one but it's stats blow in comparison to ninetales
Also have a machamp that is no point in using
>>
>>25598155
>>25598182
Thanks

Are there any Pokemon that I should wait to evolve? I see Weepinbell learns Razor leaf at level 38 and I definitely want that
>>
>>25597979
Charmander and Bulbasaur both have absurd special values (150+) so you won't be finding any of those easily.

Your best bet is to clone a trillion rare candy and level up some goober to 80-100 and match the special stat, then encounter a ditto and have it transform into your pokemon.
>>
>>25598644
Anything that evolves via stone you probably want to wait on (save for Nidoking/queen).
>>
Finished the game, being 20 levels lower made things interesting

Clefable lv42
Dewgong lv42
Sandslash lv42
Mew lv46
Machamp lv42
Pidgeot lv42
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.