[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting emulating this earlier today and have been playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 490x431) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 490x431
Starting emulating this earlier today and have been playing since, it's very addicting.
Why did they stop making these games? Did they cut into sales of the actual tcg? Or did things like TCGO make it obsolete?

The music is pretty great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpR-d6Xk9fg
>>
i loved playing the original. i wish they made more

same with the pinball games, those were a lot of fun too
>>
>>25597640
Considering TCGO didn't come out until HGSS, I don't think that's it. Does Japan even have the TCGO anyway?
>>
>>25597640
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDZ9wizfmuE
>>
>>25597640
I assume it just wasn't that popular and they couldn't justify the cost of keeping versions up to date / the risk of cutting into the physical game profits was too high.
I loved the first one. Was disappointed to hear the sequel never made it over. Is there a translation?
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 640x573) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 640x573
>>25597680
Indeed there is.
http://artemis251.fobby.net/pkmntcg2/
>>
The TCGO needs the music from these games.
>>
Way back when the eReader came out for GBA, I naturally assumed there would be a TCG game with connectivity. It might have helped that neat little add-on sell more units.
>>
>>25598701
the pokemon cards at the time did have e-reader compatibility though at least
>>
>>25598710
That's why a game that utilized that feature would have made perfect sense.

>Scan IRL card
>Get one in-game

It would have been cool to mix your physical cards and digital ones together. Not to mention the possibility of having special, promotional cards.
>>
I guarantee they saw a slight dip in the physical card games income with every video game release and nixed the idea. Wish we officially got the second back in the day, because I stopped playing the TCG by the time the Gen 2 Pokemon cards started coming out. TCGO gets by because of the booster pack code scheme.
>>
>>25597719
but what rom do I apply it to help I am not good computer
>>
>>25597640
The games in particular were slow to develop, and by the time they did, they were already a few series behind. First game? By the time it came out, the Rocket and Gym Leader series' were already out.
In Great Rocket's case, it only went up to the Rocket stuff and whatever Japanese exclusive stuff was out there at that point. Only issue is, When it came out, Generation II were already in full swing.
>>
>>25597653
They don't.

t. Weeb in Japan.
>>
>>25599667
You could argue that having the code promotes stealing the packs.
>>
>>25599745
Them being small and easily pocketable makes them more of a target than anything. If someones gonna steal them it'll be more for the physical cards, not exclusively for the online code.
>>
>>25599685

just go to emu paradise and go to gameboy color roms

the TCGO will never be an adequate replacement until there is a little adventure game added to it.
>>
>>25599705
I think this was a huge part of it. Playing the TCG on your Gameboy loses a bit of its appeal when you have to play LAST year's meta.
>>
>>25599705
Basically this. I think I also read somewhere that because of those factors the game was pretty poorly received in Japan and therefore nothing came of it in terms of a western release.
>>
File: whyy.png (296 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
whyy.png
296 KB, 649x649
>>25597640
>emulating
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.