[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Somebody explain how a fucking Charizard could possibly be better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10
File: blastoise.png (68 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
blastoise.png
68 KB, 250x250
Somebody explain how a fucking Charizard could possibly be better than this!
>>
>>25597227
Marketing
>>
>>25597227

can fly and take me anywhere.
>>
man blastoise is such a badass, i dunno how a generic dragon could beat out a tanky turtle with cannons on its back
>>
It's mega looks shit but regular Blastoise is easily the best looking starter ever
>>
File: 51HX74SYDKL.jpg (36 KB, 338x475) Image search: [Google]
51HX74SYDKL.jpg
36 KB, 338x475
>>25597227
>>25597253
It looks like a Digimon reject. The cannons just appear out of fucking nowhere. How does that make sense? People shit on newer Pokémon like Klefki and Barbaracle, but at least their designs accurately portray what kind of Pokémon there are. Your shitty water turtle was never popular enough to get two Megas, get into Smash, and get into Pokken Tournament. Deal with it faggots.
>>
File: 1247901383485.jpg (71 KB, 225x216) Image search: [Google]
1247901383485.jpg
71 KB, 225x216
>>25597329
>>
>>25597329
charizards wings just appear out of fucking nowhere, how does that make sense?
>>
>>25597329
The only reason that Charizard is so popular is because all of the fucking tryhard pyromaniac faggot kids love the burning flying lizard dragon and perpetuate his "coolness" to make nintendo add him in every goddamn thing. Not only is he a lanky ass bitch of a lizard, it's overrated as FUUUUUCK.

also water > fire
>>
File: Blast and Zard.jpg (2 MB, 2706x2310) Image search: [Google]
Blast and Zard.jpg
2 MB, 2706x2310
>>25597227
OP-kun, there is no need to fight, we are all friends in here! We have our preferences and that is okay!
>>
File: blastoise.jpg (118 KB, 1024x708) Image search: [Google]
blastoise.jpg
118 KB, 1024x708
>>25597314
say that to my face mother fucker!
>>
Stay mad hipster fag.
>>
>>25597366
So in other words you're a salty hipster who's jealous of Zard's well-earned and legitimate popularity. Got it.
>>
>>25597227
How can it possibly be better than Charizard when it isn't even better than Venusaur? Mega Blastoise is the only Kanto Mega to not be in OU.
>>
>>25597329
Yea but klefki and barbaracle look like shit whereas blastoise is out of nowhere but looks great
>>
Because Charizard looks alright.

Blastoise looks like dogshit on a summer's day.
>>
all the kids chose charizard back then
I chose blastoise cause he's a cool fucking turtle with CANNONS
>>
>>25597227
His xy oras model looks really dopey even more so than his rby sprite :/
>>
>>25599546
I was one of those kids. Though I've always played through the games multiple times and did use Squirtle a few times as a kid too. During gen 4 I hopped off the bandwagon and started to form my own opinion and realized Charizard isn't as cool as I used to think. Squirtle and Blastoise however have been growing on me more over the last few years

I still put my Squirtle ornament on the Christmas tree every year. I don't know if a Blastoise one was ever made but I wish I had one to go with Squirtle
>>
File: 3op7ws.jpg (40 KB, 310x240) Image search: [Google]
3op7ws.jpg
40 KB, 310x240
>>25597227
Ok. I love Blastoise to death. He's my favorite Kanto Starter and if not for Infernape he'd be number one, but can we talk about the sudden shift from Wartortle to Blastoise?

I mean Wartortle has this cute fluffy tail and ears and seems like his final form will be this old wise turtle with a ZZ top beard or something but he evolve in to Blastoise and then suddenly cannons and cat ears. I'm not complaining, like I said I love blastoise I just always thought that was a bit strange.
>>
>>25597227
It's ¡Yeb! the pokemon
>>
>>25597243
But he can't surf
He won't make you wet
>>
>>25599827
Why the fuck would you want to be wet? And flying is infinitely more useful than surfing.
>>
File: 1457876018849.png (103 KB, 274x222) Image search: [Google]
1457876018849.png
103 KB, 274x222
>love blastoise
>love venusaur
>dislike charizard
Shame he's in everything they make.
Never liked it since RBY, and I main it in Super Autism Bros.

Such is life.
>>
Because fire breathing dragon.

Okay /vp/: Flareon, Ninetails or Magmar? Jolteon or Raichu? I need to make a decision in Blue.
>>
I like turtles.
>>
File: unnamed (48).png (102 KB, 511x288) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (48).png
102 KB, 511x288
>>25597227
Well Drought weakens water Moves and Charizard being Part flying make Aura sphere nve

Charizard X Not even weak to water

Im pretty sure Solar beam and Dragon claw are 2 hit Ko
>>
>>25599915
>being a competitive autist
Charizard just looks plain better than the other Kanto starters. End of discussion.
>>
>>25599827
>He won't make you wet
Anon, you are wrong
>>
Honestly Charmander was my favourite because of the episode of the ashnime where it's trainer abused it
>>
>>25599602
I actually never thought it was all that strange as a kid because of the naming scheme between Wartortle and Blastoise evoking the idea of militarism.

But then I eventually realized that the English names aren't the original names and it got weird again.

Pokemon has always put rule-of-cool before logic though. Designs then, I guess, are mostly about whether or not you find it "cool enough to excuse."
>>
>>25599928
That line of thinking is too simplistic to be competitive. What that anon is saying is basically "my dad could beat up your dad".
>>
>>25599985
did you related to him? where you also abused anon?
>>
>>25599888
I'd say go for Ninetails and Jolteon.
>>
There was a video I saw that theorised that Blastoise was actually the most marketable of the original 3 final starters.
In Japan Red outsold Green so they promoted Charizard in the anime and made him a series mascot. But when Blue was released in the west it outsold Red even with all the Charizard marketing. Meaning that Blastoise probably had the most draw out of the three and would have been chosen as the mascot if Blue was released first in Japan.
>>
>>25601003
Interesting. Makes you wonder about all these variables. Maybe Pokémon would've had a slightly different flavor down the line if the go-to "tough" mon was a cannon-outfitted turtle instead of a relatively simple dragon. Might've gone in a more Digimon direction with weapons and other add-ons instead of just the colors and details that became more common. For the record, I'm a die-hard Charizard fan but I think all three of the Kanto starters are pretty great.

Maybe people just like the color Blue more?
>>
File: venusaur-mega.jpg (44 KB, 300x217) Image search: [Google]
venusaur-mega.jpg
44 KB, 300x217
>>25597227
they both pale in comparison to this. Imma put your ass to sleep then solar beam your fat ass. You can't even ice my fatass anymo'
>>
>>25601084

The video also said that one of the reason Blue may have outsold Red is because parents who were buying copies for their sons would have been more drawn to the Blue colour.

Either way if Blue outsold Red in Japan Game Freak would have taken that as a hint that Blastoise should be promoted more most likely.
>>
>>25601084
I think it's more in line with people liking Blue more. At the school playground after Pokemon was announced we had a group of about 10 kids who played pretend Pokemon and 8 of them chose Charmander, one bulbasaur (a girl), and me who chose squirtle.
>>
>>25601003
i mean that's not a fair point, jp blue is a better game (less bugs, not as bad sprites)
>>
File: 1450462719465.jpg (176 KB, 1024x755) Image search: [Google]
1450462719465.jpg
176 KB, 1024x755
JUST TAKE SQUIRTLE FROM BRAWL AND MAKE HIM HUGE AND HEAVY INSTEAD

ITS NOT FAIR
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.