[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yo, /vp/, anyone own these Level Up Studios Pokemon gym badge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
Yo, /vp/, anyone own these Level Up Studios Pokemon gym badge pins from any gen? Was thinking of getting a set of gen 1 badges because I am all hopped up on nostalgia and can't tell if they're garbage or not garbage. Thanks in advance if anyone knows anything about them.
>>
File: 1444859234383.jpg (69 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1444859234383.jpg
69 KB, 640x1136
bumping for interest
>>
>>25597067
OP here, I remembered seeing "sanshee" in my image filename the site at which I had originally seen badge pins a couple years ago. I also remembered someone on /toy/ saying that the ones on Sanshee (which is I guess where Level Up got the design or they're selling them alongside Sanshee? I don't know) were of good quality. I remembered my way out of needing a thread.

(for your interest: http://sanshee.com/collections/all?page=2)
>>
Got them at RTX good quality. Worth it.
>>
Yeah i have a set, good quality but i dont actually know what the fuck to do with them.
>>
I ordered mine last week. But they're shipping from China so they won't be here until possibly the middle of April. I bet my enthusiasm for pokemon will have waned by then.
>>
>>25597212
I'm going to pin them on the messenger bag I use at work.
>>
File: BcFVJ9v.jpg (119 KB, 1250x937) Image search: [Google]
BcFVJ9v.jpg
119 KB, 1250x937
>>25597212
Put them on the inside of your coat and boast about them.
>>
>>25597212
This is pretty much why I haven't bought them, despite them looking really nice. I wouldn't dare take them out of the box and put them on something, because then they'd get damaged or lost, but I don't have space for just an expensive box.
>>
File: 20160315_204758.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160315_204758.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
>>25597220
Same
>>
>>25597220
Don't. The back of the pins and clasps aren't that strong. You will lose some of them guaranteed.
>>
>>25597235
That looks as good as I hoped it would.
>>25597244
Yeah it looks like they have little shitty rubber holders. I bet you can buy some real back-of-pin-clasps at Hobby Lobby or something.
>>
>>25597244
I've had them on my messenger bag for 2 years now and i usually ride my bike to work.
>>
>>25597272
Mach or Acro?
>>
Look like the same ones I got from Amazon a while back. They are really nice, but I had to buy metal backs for mine because they came with rubber ones that kept popping off.
>>
>>25597289
I'm all about that speed
>>
File: badges.jpg (258 KB, 992x559) Image search: [Google]
badges.jpg
258 KB, 992x559
I have these, they're good quality. I actually have them all, as well as some of the 5th & 6th gen version from the Tokyo Pokemon center.

The Level Up Studios badges are actually the Sanshee produced ones. They're solid metal, with what I think is a slightly set back enamel layer for the colored sections.They hold up well, and I haven't scratched anything off, even keeping them all together and loose in a container.

Compared to the ones I got at the pokemon center, the sanshee designs are simpler, while the pokemon center badges featured a more 3D setting and were slightly larger. The Tokyo store has pre-orders up (Japan only) for a new run of the Kanto badges, and they're definitely fancier (and way more expensive).

If you'll be using them on a bag, though, the sanshee pins are definitely good quality for the price.
>>
>>25597229
That'll look great, all those pin clasps on the outside of your coat.
>>
>>25597532
Oh, forgot to add, Top are Pokemon Center badges, lower are the Sanshee versions. Last row are a couple of the Kanto badges, and a handy AA battery for size comparison.
>>
>>25597537
>his coat doesn't have an inner and outer layer
Buy real coats nigga.
>>
>>25597545
Sanshee look better.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.