[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>actually hating an entire generation (of pokemon designs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
File: 1274291506436.png (157 KB, 477x357) Image search: [Google]
1274291506436.png
157 KB, 477x357
>actually hating an entire generation (of pokemon designs or games) as opposed to just having a least liked.
>>
No one actually hates an entire generation. They just don't want to admit they liked some Pokemon because "Muh insecurities"
>>
>>25597694
Gen 2 had literally no appealing Pokémon though. Just shitmons with lazy designs.
>>
>>25596377
The only games I hate are Diamond/Pearl because they were ass. And XY to a certain extent.

HGSS and Platinum are based.

Haven't played ORAS, should I skip it or what?
>>
>>25597698
thank you
>>
Hoenn was boring as shit, but yeah it had a lot of good water pokemon. Water supremacy is always appreciated.
>>
>>25596377
>least liked

Fuck that shit. If I think something is bad I'll hate it. I'm not afraid of having strong feelings. I'm not a pussy.
>>
File: 250px-227Skarmory.png (46 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-227Skarmory.png
46 KB, 250x250
>>25597698
>Skarmory
>Blissey
>Scizor
>Raikou
>Heracross
>Foretress
>Shitmon
>>
gen 5 was pretty garbage

shit pokemon shit region shit everything
>>
>>25597749
>replying to shitposters
>>
>>25597753
Better than gen 3 or 4.
>>
File: Wobbuffette.png (221 KB, 400x509) Image search: [Google]
Wobbuffette.png
221 KB, 400x509
>>25597698
>scisor
>kingdra
>Murkrow
>Ledian
>Houndoom
>Ampharos
>Skarmory
>Espeon/Umbreon
>Sneasel
>Magcargo
>Piloswine
>Donphan
>etc

Gen 2 has plenty of good designs. The biggest problem is that the games have probably the worst distribution of pokemon, ever. Even DP with >literally no fire types was better than that.
>>
>>25597753
Best gen. Everything except Keldeo was amazing.
>>25597741
I didn't like Hoenn either. But Crawdaunt is great and one of my favourites.
>>
>>25597782
You must be at least 18 years old to use 4chan, Unovabortion.
>>
dance puppets, dance!
>>
>>25596377
Unfortunately, telling people they have a shitty outlook doesn't help them. All the hatemongers on /vp/ are going to stay that way for better or worse.
>>
>>25597806
Gen V was my favorite gen too, but don't act like everything was perfect.
REEEEEEEEMOOOOVVEEE GENIES
>>
All the Pokemon games (at least the mainline games) are incredibly similar. It's impossible to like some and hate others since there's really not enough differences between the games to justify such a huge discrepancy in your opinion.

The only reason you would outright hate a particular game is if you have autism and a lack of control over your emotions or if you don't really like the series and find only some of the games to be tolerable at best (in which case, why would you browse a board dedicated to Pokemon?).
>>
>>25596377

My least liked generation is Gen 3. The issue I have with it is it's the "It's fine I guess" generation to me. I hate nothing about it but like almost nothing about it either. It's so bland to me that every time I tried to play a gen 3 game about halfway through I just moved on to other games. I tried to give it another chance with ORAS but I had to make myself finish playing Omega Ruby. Fun was not had. Gen 4 is my next least favorite generation and oh man the things I hate about it but it has pokemon and characters I love too so atleast Gen 4 makes me feel something. I just feel dead inside playing gen 3 games.
>>
>>25596377
I hate Gen 6 because Gen 6 has no good games, except PSMD, but I don't count spinoffs when determining the quality of a Gen.
>>
File: image.gif (3 MB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 420x300
>>25597753
>>25597808
>>
>>25597845
I just started playing again recently after skipping gen 5. What is wrong with the genies?
>>
>>25596377
Hate is a relative term.
For example I could hate everything but just hate something a little less.
>>
My least liked is Keldeo. Reminds me too much of worst Mario game.
>>
>>25598078
>worst Mario game.
Mario is Missing?
>>
File: 5a8.jpg (417 KB, 1284x1190) Image search: [Google]
5a8.jpg
417 KB, 1284x1190
>>25598027
Well, I personally don't like their base forms because they're all copy pastes of each other, but a lot of people hate seeing them in competitive because of how good they are and how frequently they're used.
>>
>>25598084
Sunshine, actually.
>>
>>25598108
THANK YOU GENIES
>>
>>25598118
Eh, sunshine wasn't too bad.
That's probably what I like about the Mario series even the bad (excluding educational) ones are still okay at the best.
>>
>>25597871
This. Its not like anything has changed to the point where it is unrecognizable and took away the fundamentals. And maybe if people were complaining that things were to samey that would be understandable... but people only bitch about what is different- i.e. the pokemon or mechanics.
>>
>>25598118
Sunshine is far from being the worst mainline Mario game

its much better than Galaxy 2 or New Super Mario Bros U or really most recent mario games aside from Maker
>>
>>25597753
IMO BW2 had the best postgame of any Pokemon games to date.

>PWT
>Battle Subway
>Daily and monthly trainer rematches all over the place
>Seasonal cycle -- some things could only be done in some months
>Black Tower/White Treehollow
>Hard mode exists
>Random rare Pokemon and legendaries scattered around to find, like the shiny dragons from beating the Black Tower/White Treehollow and the Latias/Latios in the Dreamyard

It legitimately kept me busy all the way until X/Y, a game I got bored of not long after beating it.
>>
>>25598187
Nah, the level design wasn't particularly interesting and it had some pretty annoying missions due to fluud being a thing.
It's still good but doesn't stack up to the other Mario games.
>>
>>25597871
>The only reason you would outright hate a particular game is
OR you're posting on a anonymous image board where extremism is encouraged.

Really, the only opinion on 4chan
"x is the best/worst ever fuck you if you disagree."
>>
>>25598261
I enjoyed that it tried something new
>>
>>25596377
I don't hate all of X and Y. Just a sizable chunk of it.

It's just simpler to say I hate it as a whole.
>>
>>25598434
I like the pokemon in XY a lot but didn't like the game much

meanwhile I LOVED gen V even though the pokemon were weak for me at first, though they grew on me latter.
>>
>>25598442
Me too. Loved most of the kalos pokemon, but the games not so much.

At the same time, I hated most of gen 5 pokemon, but I enjoyed those games the most of al
>>
File: VGC.jpg (159 KB, 1023x522) Image search: [Google]
VGC.jpg
159 KB, 1023x522
>>25598027
Their designs are ugly in some anons' opinions and they're really, really good, but not good enough to get banned, so you see them everywhere in both VGC and Smogon. Also Gen 5 was pretty good, I would recommend going back and playing it.
>>
>>25598187
NSMBU was the best NSMB game after Wii, though.

NSMB2 was fucking trash, though, all the levels were bland and overly-easy (easy for Mario, of course). The coin gimmick was tacked on without adding anything to the game, too even if I liked using the golden fire flower just for its property of large explosive fireballs, that would've been a good power-up with or without the coin gimmick.
>>
I like the more unique Mario games, like Luigi's Mansion and Sunshine. SML2 is still the best, though.
>>
>>25596377
I don't mind the Pokemon of Gen IV
But I think the battle system was unbearably slow. Even when I turn up the text speed each battle takes at least ten minutes with the overlong battle animations for EVERY SINGLE MOVE
>>25597728
>because they were ass
How very specific...
>>
I can hardly remember anything about gen 4. It was all just so damn bland to me, and I didn't like many of the Pokemon from it either. Only thing I really liked about it was the physical/special split.

I can look back on every other gen and have at least a couple fond memories about my playthrough, but with gen 4 there's nothing.
>>
>>25597871
>>25598184
So since I like pretty much every other gen I can't hate gen 4 even though I hate the region because I think it's boring as fuck, I hate the characters because I think they're irritating, I hate the pokemon by design and therefore don't use them (except best hm slave), hate the story because I think it's even more stupid than Hoenn's and I hate the legends because they all have poor designs and incredibly stupid lore? I don't hate all of those things in the other generations. I do hate some of those things in some other generations but as a whole I do like the others.
>>
>not actively hating gen 5 for going full animu and its abundance of tedious scripted events
>>
Man, a lot of Gen 4 haters in this thread. I liked it, other than the fucking speed.
>>
>>25599574
>literal assface
>green jewish Shellder
>literal raindrop colored like a rainbow
And people bitch about gen 5 designs. The worst pokemon design of all is better than the best Yokai design
>>
>>25599574

There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn’t he just the most clever guy around?! Oh my God.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a like girl as you once again type your Youkai Watch and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don’t even fill in the captcha. Maybe you’re such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a 4chan pass, so you just choose the picture. Oh, and we all know the picture. The “terrible” Youkai Watch designs, isn’t it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it’s ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that’s right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she’s probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on 4chan posting about fucking Youkai Watch. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic Youkai Watch hating NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can’t even try to talk with you because all you say is “I REALLY REALLY HATE YOUKAI WATCH DESIGNS.” You’ve become a parody of your own self. And that’s all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he’s done a million times now. And that’s all you’ll ever be.
>>
each gen had something terrible about it

>gen 1 had no plot and no postgame
>gen 2 had shit level scaling
>gen 3 had water trumpets
>gen 4 was painfully slow (in DP at least) and had too many legendaries
>gen 5 had the worst regional pokedex and a super bland region
>gen 6 was way too easy
>>
Biased for gen 4 because I live in BC and the region is similar.

Creation myth was neat, and the champion fight was actually interesting.

The evil team could've been good if they didn't pussy out on the brain washed cultist vibe, trying to control space and time still better than environmental retards doing retard shit.

Liked the designs slightly better than 3 and they blow 5 out of the water.
>>
>>25599595
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>25599595
They're still bad designs though.
>>
>>25597694
>No one actually hates an entire generation.
I hate the 1st one and anyone that likes it.
>>
>>25599612
>>gen 3 had water trumpets
There's this thing called a Repel. You should try it some time.
>>
>>25599612
Doesn't Gen 5 have more Legendaries than Gen 4? And I'd argue Kalos is blander than Unova, at least Unova has good music.
>>
>>25599652
Gen V was god awful

>that one route in b2/w2 that forced you to battle all of the musketeers when you didn't even have all the gym badges yet
>>
>>25597753
Gotta admit, Dwebble is qt and everyone likes it.
>>
>>25599673
Couldn't you walk around them? I'm pretty sure I walked around them. It was a bad part of the game but not nearly as bad as "you HAVE to take this Lati@s and you HAVE to take this Rayquaza and no we will literally force it into your party, box one of your bros right now." You could just walk back to Mallville and box it then for the former case but it pissed me off, man.
>>
>>25599677
All the bug types in Gen V were great
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 420x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 420x500
>I actually like all gens despite their mistakes and problems most people have with them
>>
>>25599737

Same here anon, the only reason I ever shit on a gen is either just generally getting my feedback into the open, or because some fan of X gen is shitting on all other gens and needs to be put in their place.
>>
>>25596377
Oh I could never do that. Gen V is my least liked, but from there I still like about a third of them.
>>
>>25599737
Then you're not a raging faggot and therefore are in the wrong place here. I've enjoyed every gen when it was the current gen but there are two I no longer care for. I don't hate them, just dislike
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.