[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I did some sleuthing regarding S/M. I was really bored. My g
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: sun-moon-169-en.jpg (53 KB, 578x327) Image search: [Google]
sun-moon-169-en.jpg
53 KB, 578x327
I did some sleuthing regarding S/M. I was really bored. My general conclusion is that this announcement is not notably different than other announcements in general.

http://pastebin.com/Y7wAhder
>>
Also, if someone happens to have info (with source) regarding Gen 1 and Crystal, I'd appreciate sharing it.
>>
Good work, pretty interesting honestly.
You think they'll be good anon?
>>
>>25596189
Depends on the standard.

Good in the general sense of videogames? Of course.

Good in the context of Pokemon? Also yes; This many games in, quality probably won't just risk sudden collapse unless there was a great core upheval (like a genre change)

Good according to /vp/? I don't even know if /vp/ likes Pokemon.

It's worth noting I've owned every main installment through Gen 2; I always get both versions. I'll probably like them just as much as any of the other 24 so far.
>>
>>25595948
>D/P
>nearly two years
Kinda glad I didn't care yet, two years would have been suffering.
>>
>>25596294
When it comes to quality as in, content, detail, exploration, secrets, and challenge, I'd say there was a huge drop off after gen 5.

Sure, XY were base games, but 3 Pokemon per gym leader is fucking ridiculous, and every route/ city feels incredibly barebones even for the first pair of a generation.

And then ORAS kept this up to an extent, that's why I have my doubts.
>>
>>25596429
I might agree that Gen VI feels different, but I've personally felt that a lot what feels that way has to do with a combination of growing up and the internet.

Having played older games in recent times, I've found they aren't particularly difficult or secretive. Part of that is because I've played them before, but I also feel that, as an adult, I find things easier and more common sense than when I was a kid, and I don't really play them completely blind anymore.

For example: The Ruins of Alph, when I first played the games, were mind blowing. Looking back, it was just a couple weird caves, some simple puzzles, and in Gen IV, a tie-in event.

Additionally, I feel the switch to fully 3D environments (compounded by the use of new hardware) impact Gen VI in terms of performance/visual detail. Gen IV was by no means ugly or bad, but the jump in performance and visual design going into Gen V was huge. I predict that S/M may improve on Gen VI in a similar manner.
>>
File: IMG_0614.jpg (72 KB, 490x700) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0614.jpg
72 KB, 490x700
JUST GIVE ME MORE POKEMONS

LET THEM FOLLOW ME

OVERWORLD 2D PLZ

BATTLES 3D PLZ

SOULSILVER GAME WORLD

XY BATTLES

AND NO MORE TYPES FFS
>>
>>25596578
>No more types

What?
>>
>>25596616
Like how they added fairy type. He doesn't want any NEW types, i'd guess
>>
>>25596647
Oh. Duh.
>>
>>25596578
Soulsilver sprites were best sprites. Not a fan of 3D, its not as stylized and fresh IMO
>>
>>25596659
I really like the 3d battles, but we are a bunch of nostalgia rats, give us top down!! i really wanna play soul silver now...
>>
>>25596429
Gen 6 is strange. It was a mixed bag.

You're right, I agree that as far as the main game goes, the quality has fallen. I want to take a step back and sympathize with GF here for a minute instead of just pissing myself in rage like most people do-- I believe that the reason for this is a misguided attempt at competing with current, mobile-gaming-influenced trends. The entire game can be played in much shorter bursts. No grinding. No long, difficult battles. Routes were shorter, you could get through them in a few minutes. They even mention these elements in interviews. Of course, this is short sighted of them, as not only are they competing against the wrong thing, but lowering the quality of the main game in the process.

On the other hand, though, Gen 6 pushed a great deal to make competitive and trading a much better, more fulfilling process. Building a competitive team is now leagues easier than it's ever been. IV's are easier to fuck with, EV's are way, way easier and at least slightly engaging (these 2 arent enough in my opinion, but its a good step in the right direction), and the metagame is more diverse and turbulent than it has been previous. Shinies are easier to find, and the general quality of your average pokemon is higher due to the changes in breeding, so trading is more prosperous. WonderTrade also adds this interesting random element.
Added to that, a lot of extra features were added that are great. All of the PokeNav from ORAS is fucking fantastic (Dexnav in particular making searching for pokemon much more engaging).

I hope that they learn what worked and what didnt with SM, and dont pull a typical GF and ditch good features for the sake of "preserving unique-ness" or some bullshit.
>>
>>25596577
Nah mate, nothing to do with growing up.
I'm playing through Crystal for the first time right now; there's way more to discover and it is far more challenging.
>>
>>25596789
I fully agree with you, well said anon.

Here's hoping.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.