[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One of my Pokemon pet peeves: routes that can only be travelled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: route 202.png (79 KB, 610x452) Image search: [Google]
route 202.png
79 KB, 610x452
One of my Pokemon pet peeves: routes that can only be travelled on foot despite being one of the major routes linking larger cities together. We know the regions have car technology, yet we often see routes with various obstacles that makes travelling by car completely impossible, making it questionable how they can even maintain a steady amount of trade (apart from Flying things back and forth).

Granted, cities rarely have more than 6 buildings, so the immersion is already broken in that regard, but I've always found it strange how isolated most cities seem.

If you have nothing to say on the subject, share your favorite routes.
>>
>>25594701
>. We know the regions have car technology, yet we often see routes with various obstacles that makes travelling by car completely impossible, making it questionable how they can even maintain a steady amount of trade (apart from Flying things back and forth).

Are you retarded or something?
It's a handheld RPG, the canon world isnt limited to the areas you can access

It is implied that the MC travels on foot and thus uses adapted pathways (through moderate wilderness)
It doesnt mean there arent roads connecting cities together elsewhere
>>
File: Unova_Route_10.png (38 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
Unova_Route_10.png
38 KB, 256x192
>>25594701
Driving in the Pokemon world is a luxury, not a necessity like some places in the real world. Even Unova, the most urban region in the series, has their cars mostly relegated to off-screen things. And people still walk around Castelia despite how big it is. Walking around, or even biking around, is good exercise for you, and it gives you opportunity to make new friends or see cool looking Pokemon.

There's literally no reason to drive because you have Pokemon to do everything for you.

Wanna get somewhere far? You can fly on your Pokemon.
Need to haul something? We've got big Pokemon for that.
Construction work? They can do that too.

>Not a Pokemon trainer
Why the fuck not? There's absolutely no reason not to be. I wouldn't be surprised if certain jobs in the Pokemon world demanded applicants to have certain Pokemon fit for the job.

Besides, I'm sure a few Repels are much, much cheaper than the fossil fuels we're burning on a daily basis.

My favorite route is Route 10 in Unova. You can probably guess why.
>>
I like the fishing pier route in Kanto.
That music gets me every time.
>>
File: Hoenn_Route_119_E.png (68 KB, 640x2240) Image search: [Google]
Hoenn_Route_119_E.png
68 KB, 640x2240
I hope we see the glorious return of long routes again some day.
>>
>>25597387
There are easily routes of that length in X and Y. Don't be dumb, my friend.

The one going into Ambrette and the one leaving Laverre are both quite long. The Laverre one is just as interesting as the one you posted, as well.
>>
File: Kalos_Route_14_XY.png (893 KB, 462x924) Image search: [Google]
Kalos_Route_14_XY.png
893 KB, 462x924
>>25597434

Not even close.
>>
File: Kalos_Route_8_XY.png (378 KB, 358x490) Image search: [Google]
Kalos_Route_8_XY.png
378 KB, 358x490
>>25597434

This dinky little thing? Don't make me laugh.
>>
OP, you're an idiot. The routes are full of obstacles because that makes the game fun. If the game was all open highways and straight roads, it would be boring as fuck.
>>
>>25597387
I mean, that exact route returned in OR/AS. I know what you mean though,I hope the level design in S/M is better than X/Y, because the level design was the worst thing about X/Y by far. Especially the dungeons, holy shit they sucked dick with the exception of *maybe* Kalos Victory Road which I thought was kinda good. But all the caves, the Pokeball factory, all of that stuff was super short and very rarely did much with the concepts they introduced.
>>
>>25594817
>Not a Pokemon trainer

Unless you're doing heavy labour, owning a Pokemon would just be aded responsibility to most people's lives. What good would a Pokemon be for a 9-to-5 office worker, besides as a pet?
>>
>>25597703
You act like Pokemon require the highest of maintenance when every 10 year old on the planet is capable of taking care of them. Even preschool kids have their own Pokemon.
>>
>>25597703
You know the best part of pokemon?
They're smart enough to take care of themselves hell they'll probably take care of you if you fall sick or something especially if it's a humanoid pokemon capable of carrying things.
>>
>>25597434
The only long route in X/Y was the one that lead into Dendemille.
Everything else was tiny.
>>
It's like a five minute walk between cities though. It's not even really practical to drive that distance unless you're hauling something, and even then most people would probably get a Machop or something to do it.
>>
>>25594701
Actual roads for cars and shit exist, see: Unova Route 4 with the highway overpass.
They're just scarcely shown because the player doesn't go through them.

It's called abstraction of scale, anon. You don't actually think the entire region is small enough to cross on foot in a half hour and that cities only contain about 6 houses on average, do you?

There's a lot of the world that's hidden and what is shown is heavily scaled down.
>>
>>25598428
Oh shit I can't wait for caterpie to help me out when I have explosive diarrhea
>>
>>25599816
It's about the right size. . .
>>
>>25597459
That's not either of the routes that anon mentioned.
>>
>>25594811
This.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.