[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starter Speculation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 320x208) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 320x208
What theories do you have to what the next starters will be? What starters do you want based on these theories?
All water-type starters are semi-aquatic, so maybe an amphibian or other things like that. Maybe one of those bugs that runs along the top of water.
>>
File: 1457669769670.gif (9 KB, 595x492) Image search: [Google]
1457669769670.gif
9 KB, 595x492
It's hard to implement but I'd like a reverse secondary type triangle for the starters.
Gen 4 was pretty close and Gen 6 did a nice sub type triangle as a reference.
>>
>>25594636
I just want another reptilian Grass starter. Chespin was a mistake.
>>
A Fiddler Crab water starter could be nice
>>
>>25596842
Isnt that just kingler?
>>
one of them will definitely be dual fairy type. you know it.

we might see a return of a dual steel type starter? steel is a fun type conceptually and fire/steel has certainly proven itself popular and potent on heatran. they could complete a thematic triangle with dragon and have the first ever dragon type starter. grass/fairy, fire/steel, water/dragon. there are only two water/dragon pokemon and one of them is legendary while the other is a trade evolution. having a grass/fairy starter would also kind of explain why they made the florges line pure fairy type.

i'd bet money one of them will fairy type though.

other types that haven't been used on starters: bug, rock, normal, ice, electric, ghost. any of these would make for interesting type combinations.

water/bug starter? first time we would get a dual type first stage starter most likely.
>>
>>25596938
>water/bug starter? first time we would get a dual type first stage starter most likely.
meant to say "since gen 1"

: /
>>
>>25596938
>electric
>hasn't been used on a starter
>>
After googling semi aquatic animals
I've come up with a few that would be great for the future water starter. Deinosuchus, Monitor lizard, Turtle, Hippopotomus, Seal, or a Anaconda would be great!
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 480x360
>>25594636
Well it depends, what were the most speculated settings for the game?

I only remember Hawaii, so if you want my guess based entirely on stereotypes;

>A coconut crab as your water starter, eventually ends in Rock/Water dual typing
Big enough to look imposing and be suitable for a starter.

>Any friggen Parrot as your fire starter, starts flightless and then gains a dual typing eventually
How you can make a parrot look intimidating at the final evolution is beyond me, unless you want to go with the obvious route and engulf it in flames like the other fire starters.

To be honest, I got no clue what else could be a grass starter.
>>
>>25597260
Coconut crab would be better as the regional crustacean like Kingler, Crawdaunt, and Clawitzer instead of a starter.
>>
>>25597170
A water hippo starter might be cool. Could be the tank starter.
>>
>>25597161
>implying Pikachu is a starter
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 615x461) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 615x461
>>25597315
>>25597315
Probably. Doesn't hurt to switch things up a little though, right?

Though knowing how things work, they're gonna turn it into something much less unnerving, and I don't blame them.

I'd loose my cool if I had to stand near of these giants in real life.
>>
>>25597170
>>25597336
I always thought a basilisk lizard would be sick.
>>
>>25597260
Coconut crabs aren't in Hawaii. Not that it disqualifies a coconut crab as a starter, it's not like the other starters have been heavily based on the fauna of their region, but your justification is a bit off.
>>
>>25597336
Yeah, a Hippo Pokemon would be awesome! I think it's secondary typing would be Ground. Bu i'm not sure how balanced that'll be.
I also would love a new otter Pokemon.. considering Dewott's final evolution isn't an otter..
An alligator or a crocodile would be great as well!
>>
File: image.png (33 KB, 360x479) Image search: [Google]
image.png
33 KB, 360x479
>>25597381
Oh.

Well shit, that's silly of me.
>>
>>25597397
Doesn't discount it though. Pandas aren't in France but Pancham and Pangoro are a thing.
>>
>>25597432
You know, I want to point out that the whole 'kid with a bad influence' thing was pretty neat.

But what would you say an appropriate Hawaiian grass would be?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.