[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will you be buying them if they come out next year?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3
File: PokemonBannerGenII.jpg (57 KB, 798x266) Image search: [Google]
PokemonBannerGenII.jpg
57 KB, 798x266
Will you be buying them if they come out next year?
>>
>>25594454
Yes. Crystal FTW
>>
>>25594454
sure, its my favorite gen
>>
>>25594454
Without a doubt. I don't know why anyone would get Silver or Gold if they released Crystal though.
>>
Why should I when I already have HG and SS?
>>
>>25594500
The remakes are excellent, but it is fun to play the original--especially if we are given the option to transfer those Pokemon to current games. If they managed to add Wi-Fi trading/battling as well...
>>
>>25594500
This. Getting Mamoswine pre-Nat Dex is one of my favorite things about HGSS. Following Pokemon is another.
>>
>>25594500
because pokemon bank
>>
>>25594497
Cuz then no one would have Mareep, that and there are some people that like the no nonsense of gold and silver
>>
>>25594454
Does jet fuel melt steel beams?
>>
Crystal - Absolutely.
Silver - Possibly
Gold - Possibly.
>>
>>25594497
Exclusives, same reason people got Red/Blue over Yellow (that and not liking Pikachu)

As to OP, no, I already own the games.
>>
Yup. I love the graphics.
>>
>>25594454
>wears nostalgia goggles
Obviously, crystal is the best pokémon game ever.
>>
Absolutely, but I don't have high hopes that it will happen.
>>
>>25594454
For the music alone I'd buy this.
>>
>>25595289

This desu senpai
>>
>>25594454
Fuck yes. Just caught all 151. I love gen 1 and 2 so much. Comfy gens
>>
>>25597519
This guy is the real mvp. The music in gen 2 is so fucking good and emotional. The day and night timer makes it special.
>>
>>25594497
NO AMPHAROS IN CRYSTAL,REEEE!
>>
>>25594454
nah
gen2 is shit(imo)
>>
No need to get it when I have Gold version on cartridge and play Stadium 2 with it on my N64, I did the batterie replacement thing like a year and half and it works like new.
>>
>>25597691
>Gold version on cartridge

How does the internal battery still work?
>>
Of course.
Playing through RBY made me miss everything GSC added.
>>
>>25597762
Read the second half of their post.
>>
>>25597762
Reading entire posts is hard, huh?
>>
>>25594497

For a few missing Pokemon. Die hard fans of the legendary Pokemon might get Silver/Gold so Lugia and Ho-oh will have Aeroblast/Sacred Fire as they don't have those moves in Crystal.

Gold makes the most sense as a second option if you like Ho-oh, because you have to catch it at level 70 in Silver or catch all the legendary dogs first to get it in Crystal.

Personally Crystal just has so many added features it seems silly to not get it over the others, so that's the one I will get.
>>
>>25594454
Absolutely, Crystal is probably my favorite Pokemon game.
>>
Can you imagine the Miiverse posts?

>Why can't I cut this wiggling tree?
>Whitney is impossible to beat
>How do you catch Entei/Raikou/Suicune?
>>
Even though Crystal is my favourite and the battery is dead, I honestly probably won't. It's more convenient to emulate on my phone than to carry around a clunky 3DS.
>>
>>25598863
>The Trainer Tower is too hard
>>
>>25594497
Gold/Silver will be 9.99, Crystal will be 14.99.
>>
>>25598883
*Battle Tower
>>
>>25598863

>how do I level up, and don't say training, that's getting me nowhere
>>
>>25598863

> When will I find out my rival's actual name?
>>
>>25594454
I think they'll come out later to sate the humor between Sun and Moon to be completely honest.
>>
>>25594454
Yes.

Especially now that I've lost my copy of HG, and getting a replacement is expensive af.
>>
Realistically, what are the chances of this actually happening?

How soon? Before the 3DS life cycle ends?

It's hard not to feel like the gen 1 re releases were just a special treat to celebrate the anniversary.
>>
>>25594454
Probably, but HG/SS are still fresh to me and far far better than the originals, even though they still had issues carry over.
>>
>>25600451
>Before the 3DS life cycle ends?
I doubt that's happening any time soon. The 3ds is a substantially better system with more power than the original and fully integrated with internet functions in all of its models.

At most I see them releasing upgrades like the N3ds in the coming years. I don't see a transition to a new console model altogether happening any time soon.
>>
>>25594514
>The remakes are excellent

Love this meme.
>>
Barring a few issues, GSC were the best entries in the sereis. They were sequels done right. HGSS also made the best remakes of the sereis. If they remade crystal into gen 6/7 I could die happy.
>>
>>25600477
Eh, I wouldn't think so either, but the NX rumors persist with the idea that it will be some sort of hybrid console/portable thing. The only way that *isn't* going to kill off the 3DS is if the portable aspect is literally just made to take console-built games on the go and not to be specialized specifically for portable gaming. If it's set up with the idea that games will be made specifically for the NX console and simply have the added perk of being able to take them with you then yeah, the 3DS will be fine, plus it will have the added advantage of the 3D effect to work with, which is eye-catching and gimmicky enough to keep developers making games for it.

If the NX is set up such that it can take console games on the go as well as accepting games optimized for the portable aspect and being able to play them on a large screen when docked to the console, then the 3DS might have competition. Yeah, it's cool to have the 3D effect, but if they make a pokemon game for the NX that plays just like usual on portable but is able to plug into a console and play in HD on a tv? It's doubtful that the 3DS could compete with something like that, especially if such games are coded in a way that allows them to display at resolutions the portable can handle on it's own but render in full HD when docked to console.

I hope the 3DS sticks around for a while longer, because I really do like it and it has some wonderful games, but only time will tell I suppose.
>>
Maybe? I think it depends.

If the game has some significant glitches I'll probably wait for them to do updates
>>
No because gameboy color emulators for the 3ds exist and are free.

But I'm sure the rest of you cattle will.
>>
>>25600667
HG SS are the best games in the series though
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x2643) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x2643
>>25594454
My dad works at Nintendo
>>
>>25594454
>rebuying the worst generation

They fooled me once, and then twice with HGSS. They won't be fooling me again.
>>
>>25600831
How can they be the best in the series when they're the worst remakes by a large margin?
>>
>>25600849
please provide evidence before spouting retarded nonsense
>>
File: 1438708027277.gif (67 KB, 446x400) Image search: [Google]
1438708027277.gif
67 KB, 446x400
>>25600849
>>
>>25597762
Just so you know replacing the battery in Gameboy ROMs is easier than setting up mouse trap board game.
>>
>>25600875
Have done both, can confirm
>>
>>25600905
Please explain.
>>
>>25594454
Yes. R/y/b are a little too archaic for me graphically but G/s/c are modern enough to be playable but not old enough to be classic.
>>
Crystal was the first video game I ever owned, so yeah. My internal batteries in my copy and my brothers copy have run dry, so it would be nice to have another legit copy of it.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.