[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
defend this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
defend this
>>
why
>>
>>25593765
Explain what's wrong first
>>
>>25593786
>fighting game
>which unless you're a competitive fag, are best when playing against friends
>framedrop when two players on the same system
>>
>>25593765
It's completely optional, it's not like you NEED 2 Wii U's to enjoy local multiplayer.
>>
>>25593765
I can't. The local set up is horribly awkward. Though honestly I don't know how could they've done it better. The game basically requires each player to have their own separate screen.
>>
I can't, luckily I won't be playing local multiplayer anyways because I am a scrub who actually plays fighters for the single player
>>
Nobody plays local multiplayer anymore. Good thing Nintendo the pushing online play more.
>>
File: genuine distress.png (131 KB, 265x235) Image search: [Google]
genuine distress.png
131 KB, 265x235
>>25593765
>need two consoles to locally play a fighting game at 60 FPS

Literally cruel.
>>
>>25593866
Now that I think about it, I actually feel Pokken might be one of the few games that would have worked better if it was a handheld franchise to begin with. Since each player would have their own system there would be no issues with camera movement and the console cutting the framerate in half due to having to render both screens at once.
>>
>>25593825
blame it on the on the Wii U being shit
>>
>>25593909
>graphicsfags

Smash can run 8 players at 60 FPS. On the same TV. On the same Wii U.
>>
>LAN cable
is the only real option. Then again, I'm not defending it. I just don't buy t
>>
>>25594131
Pokken looks better though
>>
>>25593887
>I don't have friends
>>
Blame it on japanese arcades - Pokken was an arcade game first, and in general fighting game cabinets in Japan have 2 screens - one for each player - as opposed to two controllers on the same screen. They designed the game with that in mind so rendering two screens on one console wasn't a priority.
>>
>>25594131
Smash's gameplay is no where near as complex's as Pokken's.
>>
>>25595855
You see that controller?
It was obvious from the start that a console release was intended down the line.
>>
>>25595889
that really doesn't mean anything, street fighter, house of the dead, afterburner and sega rally all have completely different controllers and still are on consoles
>>
>>25595877
Dubs confirmed.
>>
>>25595933
Arcade controller looks like a Wii classic controller
>Doesn't mean anything!
>These unrelated games have different controllers from their console versions, I mention these for no reason!
>>
>>25595161
>>25595877

I heard it was actually because it needed to match the frame rate on the gamepad. They really wanted to preserve the "camera angle from the back" for both players. That why if you're going to play local multiplayer, one of you will have to use the gamepad as a recommended screen
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.