[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>announce a new game >no starters shown >no legendaries
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 1003x564) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 1003x564
>announce a new game
>no starters shown
>no legendaries shown
>only one shitty mon shown
This is not how you get people interested in your games, Game Freak.
>>
All the leaks are going to be in the next Corocoro. Quit freaking out.
>>
It gave you enough aspergers to post a thread about it on /vp/ so yeah it's working.
>>
>>25593599
It's fucking Pokemon, you retard. They don't need to do this to get people interested.

In fact, all they're doing is building suspense, which is more interesting than anything. Especially since they blew their loads way too early and showed off 90% of X and Y before they came out.
>>
It's almost as if...these games...are still gen 6...holy shit...
>>
>>25593661
U...tried..faggot
>>
>>25593619
This
>>
This is Nintendo's new business model: announce something, show nothing until release. They have New Super Mario Bros U 3D 395960206 Land HD Color Splash Sticker Star Crossbow Training to sell, you know!
>>
>>25593698
Remember when they showed off all of ORAS's new content?
>>
>>25593729
And remember how they showed off nothing for the first 2 months exactly like what these games are doing right now?
>>
>>25593599
Black/White
>Show off Zoroark in February
>Don't show off starters
>No legends shown
>Just Zoroark and Zoroark movie news
>Nothing in March
>Some screenshots of Black/White and the version names in April
>Had to wait until May for the Legends, Starters, Trainers, and Region name

What is it you're bitching about again?
>>
>>25593729
ORAS reveals really weren't that special to me, I mean they were kind of spoiled already 11 years prior
>>
>>25593605

>leaks
>in an official magazine

Are you 12?
>>
>>25593599
Announcing a name for one of Nintendo's best selling franchises I'm sure gets people interested pretty easily
>>
>Next reveal of info carries nothing about the games at all

FUCK YOU, VULCAMON!
>>
>>25593599
Yes. I agree with you on that.
>>
>>25593908
If people get information from the magazine before it's officially supposed to be released (which it almost always is) then it's still a leak retard
>>
>>25594091
But the magazines themselves are official sources of information, and so you can't call the magazine a leak. Leaks are unintended reveals of information that are not provided officially and get out without any consent.

An example of leaks pertaining to CoroCoro would be the page scans getting out BEFORE the release date of the magazine. The magazine itself isn't a leak.
>>
>>25593605
this is the same thing you said LAST corocoro
>>
>>25593599
I do agree that the style of announcement was disappointing. After over a year after ORAS and deceiving fans about Zygarde forms they cam out with something completely different and didt even say a damn detail about bar very few concept art.

Im happy we have a new game but we dont even know what exactly is Sun and Moon. XY reveal was 100 times stronger: new starters, legends, world, graphics. People were crazy hyped. And here cool, new game and no we wait for any real detail.....
>>
>>25593908
leaks come out few days before official release of CoroCoro, are you new?
>>
>>25594144
>Leaks are unintended reveals of information that are not provided officially

And guess what, it's unintended and not official until the OFFICIAL release date.

>An example of leaks pertaining to CoroCoro would be the page scans getting out BEFORE the release date of the magazine
That's what I said moron
>>
Reminder that the Gen 4 starters weren't revealed until a month before the game was released in Japan.

We could be in this for the long haul. Pray that they don't reveal a bunch of baby Pokemon again.
>>
>>25594164
Except, you know, it's been officially stated that there will be something in the next CoroCoro.

>>25594173
>XY reveal was 100 times stronger
XY's reveal and pre-release season blew its load way too quickly and early

Besides, this was probably done because of the jump in graphic overhaul and everything.
>>
>>25593729
Remember when the datamine from the demo revealed nothing new since the last batch of info, and people who thought there were going to be more megas were BTFO in one fell swoop?
Good times.
>>
>>25593599
It clearly is working with all the speculation and fake leaks.
>>
>>25594267
>people who thought there were going to be more megas were BTFO in one fell swoop?
I remember retards hanging on to that to the bitter end, long after the demo leak, full posters and anime trailers with all the other megas together and so on.
Was a really tiring time from demo leak to game launch.
>>
>>25593808

This. The only thing people cared about were new Megas since there were no new Pokemon megas were the main feature of the game. The already told story wasn't worth trying to hype up because we knew what happened already and if anyone expected complete new pokemon in a remake besides megas they are stupid anyway.
>>
>>25594208
>XY's reveal and pre-release season blew its load way too quickly and early

Thats bullshit, they were able to hold a huge hype for the entire 9 months
>>
>>25593808
>>25594376
Diamond and Pearl "remakes" desperately need to be sequels instead. New story, updated towns and cities, and a follow up to Cyrus in the Distortion World
>>
>>25593599
This isn't really anything new for GF, they usually wait quite a while inbetween the game announcement and an info dump on starters/location/legends.

Gen 4 and 5 were particularly bad about it, with Gen 5 only toting around Zoroark for god knows how long before we saw literally anything else.

XY broke the mold by just dumping gameplay, starters, scenery, in its announcement trailer, then people got disappointed cause there were few surprises left by the time the game was released.

ORAS was worse cause there were literally no surprises left, they announced every mechanic, every mega, and the delta episode weeks before it even came out.

tl;dr you can't have your cake and eat it too, suspense builds a game up for release, just infodumping months before the release just creates a taste of disappointment when everything about the game is given to you before you even play.
>>
>>25593599
I distinctly remember quite a few folks bitching that Game Freak practically revealed the entire dex for 6th gen.
>>
>>25593599
What shitty mon was shown?
>>
>>25594836
This is a good point. I liked the monthly leaks of x/ y but it really ruined the final product. I'm hoping to see at least the legendaries and maybe starters for S&M but nothing more.
>>
>>25594916
It was something like 28 out of 70ish.

Same amount as most Gens, but was like 40% in this gen.
>>
>>25593599

And yet here we are.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
>>25595058
>>
>>25595160
I thought that was a Digimon.
>>
>>25594091
Its called a reveal you shit mongrel
>>
File: Punch.png (268 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
Punch.png
268 KB, 550x400
>>25595178
Of course you did
>>
>>25593599
They got you to post about it.
>>25593661
Stop...being....a...fucking...sperglord...holy shit...
>>
>>25593599
>This is not how you get people interested in your games, Game Freak.
7 million views = no interest? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmzDL1l3Fag
>>
>>25594731

They wont do it. Their sequel was already made in the form of platinum.

Remakes have always just added a couple new features to the game tweaked the story line a bit and gave it a little extra to do after you beat the game.

ORAS main new features were megas and thats what they focused on.

I honestly have no idea why people complain since this has been the formula for every remake thus far.
>>
>>25593744
The games were announced in May and exactly one month later Corocoro leaked with redesigns of the main characters plus starter Megas.

Hell, even the announcement at least had Primal Groudon and Kyogre. The SM trailer had some vague concept art and a model of a new Pokemon.
>>
>>25593599
They're giving barely enough rope to tie a bowline let alone a noose! I am outraged.
>>
File: 1457979955041.jpg (18 KB, 522x522) Image search: [Google]
1457979955041.jpg
18 KB, 522x522
>>25595408
>!
>>
>>25595428
>muh shittiest pokegirl reaction image
>>
>>25593599

I don't really even care about SM, with how ORAS turned out.

I'm just here to watch /vp/ implode on itself.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.