[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /vp/ think of Bartle's taxonomy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: bartles2.png (30 KB, 600x403) Image search: [Google]
bartles2.png
30 KB, 600x403
Where does /vp/ fit on Bartle's taxonomy? I've always liked the Pokemon games for giving a variety of gameplay.

When I first play a game I enjoy exploring the world/seeing new mons. Then I go for the achievements of beating the game, catching all legendaries and filling the dex. Then I sometimes get into competitive a bit.
>>
File: bartles.jpg (65 KB, 600x313) Image search: [Google]
bartles.jpg
65 KB, 600x313
Replace killers with Smogon.
Replace Explorers with comfy fags
Replace achievers with autistic bicycle simulators.
Socializers are some kind of normie probably.

Now you understand basically every argument on here about smogon, best region, injection and difficulty.
>>
>>25593577
75% killer 25% achiever here
>>
>>25593577
it depends on the game, what a shitty idea that you would be in every game the same.

pokemon is usually about achieving and exploring for me. I won't give you abstract numbers which can't represent reality properly though.
>>
The entire left side does nothing for me.
Explorers is the way to go.
>>
>>25593577
For me pokémon probably fits bet into Explorer, I like to get emerged into the games and discover small things. I guess dex completion goes into Achiever so that's important too.
I would lie if I said discussing the games online like here isn't important either, so add me to Socializer too.
I care very little for the Killer attributes though.
>>
Anyone being on /vp/ and saying they aren't at least part Socialite is just downright lying.
>>
>>25593577
This is interesting. Pokemon kind of fills all of these slots for me, to a varying degree.

I'm competitive by nature, so I naturally love building a team, seeing what works, trying to win. This is my main objective, but it's backed heavily by wanting to explore and just.. enjoying pokemon with friends, or you fags on /vp/.

Achievment is probably what I'm least interested in. Same reason I get little satisfaction out of beating harder, older games, it's just a shallow trophy for me. Collecting all the pokemon is usually the last thing I do each new generation, after I'm satisfied with my personal favorites.
>>
All we need to add is the 'Cancer' section, the part of the taxonomy defined by redditors, furfags, and morons in general who don't actually experience anything for themselves but just like to indulge in their own inhuman faggotry, I.e. posting their disgusting fetishes, contributing nothing to the community, and constant dependence to satisfy their own crippling obsessions. We can also shove 90% of /vp/, or possibly even this entire site into that group.
>>
>>25596308
That's socializer.
>>
>>25593577
I'm pretty much smack dab in the middle
>>
I'd say a split between exploring and achieving. I love to explore the region and become familiar with all the towns (Kalos is a beautiful region, despite all its flaws, also E4 is eye-candy).

I never play competitively, and I've barely played any ranked competition (Kanto Leagues for the Dragonite), but despite that I love collecting 5IV/Flawless Pokemon of my favorite types.
>>
definitely an achiever. about halfway to finishing my shiny dex. : - )

secondary killer/explorer. i think everybody who plays pokemon is a good amount explorer by default.
>>
>>25593577
Okay, I'm not used to this so can anyone explain to me the Y axis? I understand separating players between ones who want to do things to the world vs to other players (basically multi vs singleplayer)
But what about the other one, what does acting and interacting means and why are they opposing each other?
>>
>>25597006
I think the idea is that "acting" is more unilateral, while "interacting" is more cooperative or interested in reactions.

So Achievers are doing things that have a known reaction for the accomplishment of pulling it off, while Explorers are more "how would the game react if I did this?"
Socializes are obviously interacting with other players, Killers are just doing things on their own to beat other players, or fucking with others without their consent.
>>
Achiever/Explorer. I hardly ever play competitive, but I catch 'em all and autistically breed shinies with good IVs that I'll never use. I suck as much fun as I can out of single player because I don't like multiplayer much.
>>
>>25595626
>>25596404
>>25596308
That's interesting. I suppose it wouldn't make sense to claim to not be a socializer.
Even the cancer is reliant on other people to grow.
>>
>>25597006
>>25597127
More or less yeah. Interacting is more of playing the game the way it's supposed to go. Exploring the world and discussing it with people, possibly contributing to bulbapedia or something.
Acting is when you act ON the world or players, not WITH them. You kill them, or beat their speed run, Achievers are also attracted to Smogon to prove their value, not just fuck people up.
>>
40% Achiever
73% Explorer
27% Killer
60% Socializer

http://www.4you2learn.com/bartle/
>>
>>25599332
To add, I love exploring areas and towns, talking to NPCs, and (in MMOs) interacting with people (not the battles but just talking and messing around, that's why I wish pokemon had seamless multiplayer). I'm not really fond of completing the dex and I only like doing story battles so I can see what happens next.
>>
>>25593577
100% Explorer here

Can't say much for the board as a whole...
>>
>>25599332
40% Achiever
87% Explorer
60% Griefer
13% Socializer

But what does it mean?
>>
>>25599365
Is completing the dex more of an achieving or exploring thing?
>>
>>25593577
>>25593727
what if I just want to play the game?
I don't care about leaderboards, ranks, achievemnts, obfuscated achievement and espacialy not about Newsfeeds, Friendlists or chats.
I just want to have fun playing the game.
>>
Explorer for the most part.

So, in complete opposition to most of /vp/ without the annoying part.
>>
>>25601905
Then you'd be an explorer and an achiever. Assuming you want to beat the game, that's an achievement that you enjoy. Exploring includes finding new pokes as well as seeing new regions.
>>
I'm very different in gaming than I am in real life. In real life I'm mostly and explorer, I'm not competitive in sports or other activities, but in vidya like Pokemon or fps's or MMOs the only thing I ever want to do is PVP
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.