[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some ecosystems you would like to see more in pokemon ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: reef.jpg (286 KB, 605x327) Image search: [Google]
reef.jpg
286 KB, 605x327
What are some ecosystems you would like to see more in pokemon ?
>>
1. the moon
2. deep-sea trenches done right, not hoenn's empty attempt at it
3. actually expansive forests with variety instead of constant bugs
4. very deep caves without zubat everywhere and actual crystal structures
>>
I think a cool setting would be like an island chain. Or maybe a region centered around the Great Lakes, either the ones in America or east Africa.
>>
>>25592813
Rain forest
>>
A real jungle would be cool.
Or a mangrove swamp.
>>
>>25592813
Mountain exteriors. Gen 4 was cool with Mt Coronet and Mt Silver but I'd like one that acts as a route and without as much snow.
Also a river route done right. XY's was gorgeous but I really wanted to surf on it too.
>>
>>25592813
a bara gay camp
>>
>>25592838
>just more of the same but with Repel, please
>>
>>25592938
correct

pokemon has handled such a wide variety of environments that short of recommending an african savanna or an alaskan tundra you won't have any genuinely new environments

i'd rather they improved upon what was partially enjoyable before
>>
>>25592813
>coral reefs
>tundra
>deep-sea trenches, possibly underwater caverns
>mangrove swamps
>alkaline lakes
>icebergs
>>
Morrowind
>>
>>25592838
>3
XY's winding woods sorta falls under that.
>4
Reflection Cave (for the crystal structures)? Chargestone Cave, and every other one in Unova for that matter? Twist mountain connected all the way to Driftveil from underground.
>>
>>25592969
That's not really creative.
>>
>>25593019
when was this thread ever about being creative?

I want the good ideas that gamefreak has had before done better, and anything totally new is a bonus

>>25593009
the cave systems have definitely been decent before, but I'm talking about a sprawling cave complex that goes extremely deep
>>
Fungal forest
Some dungeon made of clouds in the sky
Some sequence where you get shrunk down and go and catch microscopic pokemon
>>
>>25593028
the cave systems have definitely been decent before, but I'm talking about a sprawling cave complex that goes extremely deep
Isn't that what the Clay Tunnel-Mistralton Cave-Twist Mountain-Underground Ruins complex is?
>>
>>25592813
Mountain peaks. Usually you go through a cave instead going over the mountain
>>
>>25593028
>sprawling cave complex
That's literally what I just described. In BW2 post game you can enter the Clay Tunnel, which connects to Mistralton Cave and Twist Mountain, as well the Underground Ruins. And if that's not enough the other cave entrance Dirftveil has is the Relic Passage, which connects to the Relic Castle and Castelia Sewers. It was all pretty interesting and I liked the idea of having "new routes" that went underground.
>>
File: 56768679.jpg (4 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
56768679.jpg
4 MB, 2560x1920
A snowy tundra

Or whatever this is called
>>
>>25592868
>use NA great lakes
>spend whole game exploring the perimeter because that's where the cities are
>get surf after the 8th gym and explore the lakes as post game
>>
>>25593066
>>25593082
and they're a good starting point

the variety of the environment there was decent, the encounters were fairly alright, but I've yet to see a cave system that is complex, looks nice, has nice pokemon, and isn't a chore to get through
>>
>>25592813
more openworld routes, one main pathway and then little pathways to secret groves and small caves or simething
>>
>>25592813
>Oasis
You'd think with all the deserts there'd be at least one.
>Urban route
Like the one connecting Nimbasa and Castelia in B2, but with wild encounters in the streets. Or you could access the rooftops (which are all connected) and encounter pokemon like in the bridges.
>Volcanic Crater
You know how when they go dormant or something and it becomes all fertile? With a bunch of grass? Yeah.
>>
>>25593084
too empty, add trees

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiga
>>
>>25593342
But the lack of vegetation except for mosses and lechens is an important part of what makes a tundra unique.
The northern Sinnoh routes already covers permanently snowy forests.
>>
>>25593168
>Volcanic Crater
that sounds so cool, with a lake in the middle ^.^
>>
Everything mentioned in this thread, but without constant random encounters. Exploring caves is my least favourite thing when you either have to spam repel or deal with 1000 zubats.
Long grass/boulders/deep sand/deep snow give you an idea of what you're dealing with and can allow for you to feel like you're fighting pokemon on purpose, not as a chore.
>>
>>25593400
>>25593084
>Some people think rocky land like this is ugly
I will never understand
>>
>>25593168
>>Volcanic Crater
>You know how when they go dormant or something and it becomes all fertile? With a bunch of grass? Yeah.
They did that with Sootopolis in RSE, until they retconned it into a stupid meteor crater in ORAS.
>>
>>25592813
Deep, dark forests, with just a hint of magic.
>>
>>25592917
Yes! We need a large jungle area with Mew as an obtainable legendary.
>>
>>25593950
It has its own kind of beauty.
>>
Not so much an ecosystem, but I would love an actual huge ghost city (think of something like Castelia). Big, with multiple buildings you can enter. Perhaps a puzzle spread around the city to get into its inner depths. It would be full with a mixture of Pokémon like murkrow, ghosts, filth Pokémon (trubbish, grimer, koffing - garbage from long ago still lingers).
>>
Definitely a larger urban setting, with lots of shit to explore, buildings, rooftops, museums, subway stations etc

Abandoned city would be nice too, or something like an abandoned industrial site, Chernobyl like, complete with warehouses and process plants to explore

>>25592934
an expansive alpine route like that would be GOAT. Alpine terrain, some caves, glaciers, glacial lakes and streams, alpine tundra

also jungle and reef, which look like they should be done in sun/moon. Probably a nice volcanic route too

longer, more expansive, less linear routes in general would be nice, less towns. big city can have multiple gyms. But now I'm on a tangent
>>
>>25596036
God yes.
>>
I would like less urban areas. I hated navigating through Lumiose City, and Castelia City. So much people to talk to!
I would love to see an ocean done right! Imagine exploring the coral reefs, the bright colors of coral, and pokemon swimming around you.
This isn't a coral reef. But this is a great example for a good environment. Pond? River?
Visible Pokemon!
>>
Unown ruins, but they actually explain something about aincient pokemon this time.
>>
>>25599176
Honestly I'd like more varied terrain like your pic. It's been 20 years and we're still dependent on overly gridded designs.
>>
>>25599199
>Unown ruins
This. More puzzles. I want it to be more difficult than you'd find in the last levels of a real RPG, I want little kids to hate it.
>>
>>25592813
A salt flat
>>
>>25599176
What game is this?
I appreciate the effort put into it.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.