[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm playing through Pokemon Y for the first time. (I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: MonoFlying.png (466 KB, 1864x899) Image search: [Google]
MonoFlying.png
466 KB, 1864x899
So I'm playing through Pokemon Y for the first time. (I've played X a bunch of times) and I'm doing a Mono Flying run. Can /vp/ give me some advice on my team? This is what I'm thinking of right now.
>>
>>25590107
>farfetch'd
Do you hate yourself or something?
>>
>>25590128
I mean. I was looking through the list of available pokes...

Areodactly requires Rock Smash

I use Crobat on normal playthroughs

The only other option I saw was Starraptor/Noivern

They don't come until a little late in the game though.
>>
>>25590107
>Farfetch'd
>Butterfree
Let's be friends, OP.
>>
>>25590107

You should use a Gliscor.

You need something that can count electric.
>>
>not using staraptor
>>
Replace butterfree with vivillian
>>
>>25590154
>The only other option I saw was Starraptor/Noivern

You can catch a Staravia in the route before Reflection cave
>>
>>25590886
Where can you find Gliscor/Gligar?

>>25590919
Not worth it, I have Talon Flame and Farfetch'd. He's great early game.

>>25590930
Butterfree gets some psychic moves, which are always nice to have.

>>25590967
Is that too late though?
>>
>>25591136
>Is that too late though?
between 2nd and 3rd gym
>>
>>25591145
Switch with what?
>>
>>25590107
>Farfetch'd
10/10 taste.
How do you enjoy those Crits?
>>
>>25591253
It's from the in-game trade. He's not the best thing.
>>
>>25591136
>Butterfree gets some psychic moves, which are always nice to have.
I suppose, but it's very frail, and slower than Vivillon, which will ultimately cause it to be a liability later on.

Don't get me wrong, I love Butterfree, it can dominate early on because of its awesome stats (relatively) and movepool. The one thing that makes Butterfree a more interesting choice over Vivillon is its hidden ability, Tinted Lens, which I don't think you can get that early. Sure it makes sleep powder more risky, but it also makes it more of a powerhouse.
>>
I'm doing a mono-fire run through of Y at the moment

Current team is

Charmeleon
Braixen
Litleo
Fletchinder

Plan on finishing with

M-Charizard Y
Delphox
Pyroar
Talonflame
Chandelure
Magcargo
>>
>>25590107
>Shitfetch'd
Why?
>>
>>25591523
Because he has good taste.
>>
>>25591523
It adds another level of difficulty. If I wanted to, I could breeze through with Pelliper and Talonflame.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.