[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do they give you a lvl 15 Lapras when you're over half
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 760430.jpg (37 KB, 318x393) Image search: [Google]
760430.jpg
37 KB, 318x393
Why do they give you a lvl 15 Lapras when you're over half way through the game in Gen I?

Also stupid things and make you wonder 'why'.
>>
>>25589922
Even funnier, they give you Eevee at an even higher level (I think it was 25?)
>>
Why do they give you a level 30 Kabuto/Omanyte near the end of the game in gen I?

Training Kabuto or Omanyte is so goddamn painful, too, since they only know Scratch/Absorb or Water Gun/Horn Attack respectively. At least you can put Surf on Lapras, and it learns Ice Beam and Body Slam naturally.
>>
>>25589933
And that can be received before Lapras
>>
>>25589922
Because they want casuals to be able to reach the grass gym town since its blocked off by a sea river. A free Lapras is an easy Surf candidate.

Not to mention its one of the few Pokemon to get an overworld model while surfing. They probably wanted to showcase that.
>>
>>25589952
What? You don't need to Surf to get to Celadon, maybe you're thinking of Blaine's Fire gym.

Also, gen I didn't have a Lapras as the Surf model. It looked more like Chansey or Seel or something for some reason.
>>
>>25589974
All of them had the blank Seel looking one.
>>
>>25589952
he's talking about gen 1 not 6
>>
>>25589922
Pokedex slot.
>>
>Gen II
>Falkner doesn't use a single gen II flying type, instead try the Tower DEDICATED to Bellsrpout for that
>All the bugs introduced in Gen II, Bugsy must use at least one
>nope
>Whitney's the fist leader to actually use a gen II mon
>Maybe Morty will use the one new Ghost introduced
>nah, let's just give him the Gengar line with two Haunters
>w-well how about Chuck using Hitmontop
>nah it's Poliwrath (I'll forgive Primape as it was under-represented in Gen I)
>Oh cool Jasmine uses Steelix, but why TWO Magnemites, why not replace one with Skarmory or something?
>Pryce is cool, maybe he could have had Sneasel, but whatever
>Clair actually uses the one new Dragon introduced!?
>also many Gen II mons can only be found post game because why not
Really makes you ask why they did this.
>>
>>25590087
'gen II was a mistake'
-junichi masuda
>>
>Eevee
Level 25. Available in a city where the Gym Leader uses pokemon around level 30.
Could be viable.
>Fossils
Available at level 30 as soon as you get cut.
Viable.
>Lapras
Gifted at level 15 in a town where the Gym Leader has pokemon in the mid 30s.
Annoying.
>Starters in yellow
all given at level 10. The first one available in a town where trainers and the Gym Leader use pokemon in the high teens or early 20s.
For what purpose?
>>
>>25590467
did he seriously say this? obviously >>25590087
is right about everything but it was their damn fault for fucking it ob so freaking bad.
>>
File: aa6.jpg (63 KB, 537x416) Image search: [Google]
aa6.jpg
63 KB, 537x416
>>25590644
Learn how to meme you faggot
>>
>>25590659
>learn how to meme
oh god it hurts
>>
>>25590659
Who the fuck is even this guy? He didn't create anime.
>>
>>25590691
>being this new.
>>
>>25589935
Can't you just get the fossil then back track to the pewter museum during your first go in the cave
>>
>>25589922
Because Lapras is so good that it still manages to rape everything despite being 10 levels weaker than everything else. It's the same story with Aerodactyl, that thing can OHKO anything that doesn't resist Fly. The only real problems are Omabyte and Kabutops, but their evolved forms are really good too.
>>
>>25590537
You need to revive the fossils on Cinnabar Island. You need Surf, and you need 6 badges, too. You can -get- the Aerodactyl fossil as soon as you get Cut, but it's in your pocket for the most part of the game.

Unless you rush towards Koga's gym to get to Cinnabar ASAP (which no-one will do, particularly not on a first playthrough) there's no way you'll get Kabuto, Omanyte or Aerodactyl at a decent level.

It's not just the level, either, it's that they have no moves and level up slowly.
>>
>>25590935
Oh yeah. Not same anon but thanks for clearing that up for me
>>
>>25590935
Oh, you might not need 6 badges, sorry. Might be able to skip Erika and Sabrina, I'm not sure.
>>
In XY making your first mega evolution a Lucario instead of your Kanto starter

Gamefreak needs to stop forcing its gay furbait down our throats
>>
>>25589922
The same reason why they give you a larvesta egg late in game
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.