[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw playing gen1 OU at Smogon servers >use Gen1 the Team
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
>tfw playing gen1 OU at Smogon servers
>use Gen1 the Team like any decent player
>opponent uses some gimmick team in Gen 1 OU
>Gen 1 OU
>beat him w/o breaking a sweat
>guy gets mad at me because I was not Original
>many keks were had

Seriously how can people be that stupid. Gen 1 is the meta that's the most unbalanced. If you are playing Gen 1 you should expect to use more or less the same team. Doing otherwise is insanity.

Anyway anyone else got any good Pokemon Showdown stories?
>>
>>25586985
I swept a team with Heracross once and kept the video, I then put the old Kamen Rider theme over it.

I never uploaded it and ended up losing the video.
>>
Haha c:
>>
Tauros/Chansey/Starmie

are pretty much the core of your gen1 team.

You can then choose Exeggutor (most pick him) or Gengar(fast sleep)

Then you can then choose between Rhydon or Golem.

And Alakazam, Zapdos, Lapras, Slowbro and maybe Dragonite.

Anything else is insanity in gen1.
>>
>>25587005
Man, Heracross sweeps are so delicious
>>
>>25586985
>love gimmicky sets
>XY was still fresh, so a few moves weren't coded properly on SD servers
>run a bulky Ampharos set with Electric Terrain/Magnetic Flux/Rest/Thunder
>when Electric Terrain is active, pokemon cannot be put to sleep, so Rest fails
>in these times however, ETerrain would just instantly wake Pokemon up
>come in on something I won't die to in 3-4 hits
>set up ETerrain
>use Magnetic Flux to get Cosmic Power boosts
>Rest up when low on health, wake up instantly thanks to buggy ETerrain
>rinse and repeat, walling out retards and killing them with Thunder
>eventually on monotype I run into a monodragon team
>doesn't know what the fuck ETerrain is, asks me
>decide to have some fun, tell him it's a move I hacked in
>tons of spectators flood the chat, and eventually someone who might be been a mod, I dunno desu, comes in and says "alright, which is the hacked move"
>leaves as soon as he sees it's just ETerrain

I miss my balk giraffe, I'll try to find the replay.
>>
>>25587005
>the old Kamen rider theme
Mah nigga you better be talking about 1
>>
>>25587046
I thought

Venusaur
Leech Seed
Toxic
Razor Leaf

was pretty common as well
>>
>>25587082

>X USED PSYCHIC

>IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE

The only pokemon weak to Psychic that was ever on OU was Gengar and it was because of his fast sleep.

Gen 1 was all about Psychic dominance. It's the reason GF made Dark and Steel types.
>>
>>25586985
Kek nothing but Snorlax spam and the Smogon faggots made it illegal to use roar or whirlwind to fuck over fags that keep spamming stat boosting moves.
>>
>>25586985
Mods almost banned me for using shedinja/mega sableye/dugtrio team in one of their tourneys.
>>
>>25587137
Speaking of dugtrio I wonder why no one in Gen 1 OU uses it because it has unavoidable earthquakes due to its high speed.
>>
>>25587137
Why?
>>
>>25587161
Because it dies just by looking at it.
>>
> Probopass
> Level 2 with sturdy
> Berry juice
> pain split/toxic/protect/stealth rock

My personal favorite gimmick. It's led to quite a few rage quits in a lot of different tiers.
>>
>>25586985
>guy gets mad at me because I was not Original
What words did he use?
>>
>>25587082
If you switched out while Toxic'd, it would revert to normal Poison.
>>
>>25587074
Yeah
>>
Does anyone else play a shitload of Random Battles?

I dunno, shit's always fun when I don't want to deal with OU: THE TEAM: THE MOVIE: THE GAME: THE INTERACTIVE EXPERIENCE; I love the variety and surprise factor,
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.