[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Design wise, what do you want to see for gen VII starters? Something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9
File: Pokemon-starters-allcurrentgens.jpg (129 KB, 878x667) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-starters-allcurrentgens.jpg
129 KB, 878x667
Design wise, what do you want to see for gen VII starters?

Something that breaks the Chinese Zodiac thing for fire?

An actual fish for water?

We finally got a non-reptile for grass starter last gen with Chespin but I don't think people liked him too much.
>>
I indifferent to zodiac fags but I wouldnt mind a Fire/Rock calf that becomes a bull and then evolves into a Minotaur with stone horns.

Grass/Flying peacock or bird of paradise.

Water/Fighting squid. Either with boxing glove tentacles or pirate themed.
>>
>>25585927
I'm hoping a Grass Elephant, a Fire Rattlesnake, and a Water Komodo Dragon.

Elephant goes Electric, Rattlesnake goes Poison, and Komodo Dragon goes Dragon. They're both things I want and things that satisfy any patterns (assuming GF complies with the perceived patterns for another gen).
>>
Water starter loyalist here.

I want a dolphin, elephant, water buffalo, or grizzly bear.
>>
>>25585968
damn, i would love a water/fighting squid with boxing gloves
>>
I'm not a zodiacfag, but a fire rabbit would be cool.
>>
>>25585927
>Something that breaks the Chinese Zodiac thing for fire?
can't break what was never real
>>
>>25586039
>Denial
>>
>>25585927
>chinese zodiac
> porcupine and fox

what
>>
>>25585977
If I could draw I would illustrate it but the one I have in mind would have an oldtimey mustache of seaweed or sea foam.
>>
>>25585927

Some kind of invertebrate, I don't care whether it's Grass, Fire, or Water.
>>
>>25585968
>Minotaur
That's what I've been thinking lately. I'd love that, even if it gave zodiacfags more 'evidence.'
I want them to explore type matchups that they haven't done yet for the starters.

I'd also like all starters to evolve and gain a secondary type of the type in the trio that they're weak to. So Fire/Water, Grass/Fire, and Water/Grass.
>>
>>25586069
> sheep
>>
>>25586069
>implying echidnas are rats
>implying foxes are dogs
>>
>>25586084
Definitely.

The secondary typing is interesting. I wouldn't mind a Grass/Electric one either.
>>
File: pokebong.jpg (16 KB, 236x275) Image search: [Google]
pokebong.jpg
16 KB, 236x275
>>25586084
>Grass/Fire
>>
As long as there's at least one cool reptile or amphibian to choose from I don't care.
>>
I just care about the green dudes.
>>
>>25585968
second the pirate theme
idgaf, i just want a pirate themed pokemon
>>
>>25586078
shit design is shit. dont bring being a hipster into pokemon, please
>>
>>25585968
oh man, i didn't realize how much i wanted a boxer squid until just now. that sounds great.
>>
>>25586069
>Fire Rabbit
Oh, I like the sound of that.
>>
>>25585927
i'd totally dig a fishbro for a water starter. even if it never evolved to grow legs and shit and just stays a fish and flops around on land and shit. sorta bums me out knowing that definitely won't happen.
>>
>>25586078
not to say i don't like greninja, but after getting hyped for a bubble beard frog, i can't say i'd want to get excited for a sweet foam mustache just to get a squid with a huge ass beak he wears as a tie or some shit
>>
>>25586583
>it evolves to be fire fighting
>>
>>25586523
Find it.
>>25586552
Or, you know, something like goddamn Dudley from street fighter.
>>25586606
Fair point. If settle for just the boxing cephalopod then.
>>
>>25586729
squid-dudley water starter sounds pretty great, though. even if it wasn't a starter, i would love an old-timey boxer squid
>>
Watched a YouTube video of some annoying dude go on 4chan/vp and look at a leak of hand drawn Pokemon from Sun and moon. The dude who post it said he was from GF and he had drawn the list from memory.

Anyway point it the starters were as follows:

Grass/psychic lizard

Fire/fighting rabbit (huge fucking groan)

Water/dark shark thing.

Still not sure if it's fake or not and for the life of me I can't find it. It may have been proven false already but I'm not sure.
>>
File: boxing squid.jpg (748 KB, 2000x1612) Image search: [Google]
boxing squid.jpg
748 KB, 2000x1612
>>25586766
agreed. just like. nix on the boxing gloves and moustache.
>>
File: joke.jpg (316 KB, 1024x921) Image search: [Google]
joke.jpg
316 KB, 1024x921
>>25586851
fake. fuckin really?
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 2048x1536
Pff fuck no that's something some else did. I mean this thing. They just coloured it in brah.
>>
Why are they so uncreative with the grass starters? In 6 gens we've got 2 reptiles and fucking THREE dog-like animals.
>>
>>25586918
Which of the grass starters are dogs? Only mammalian is Chespin and he's nowhere near a dog.
>>
i would like a part bug type grass starter, maybe like a samurai cicada, a fire-dragon neo charizard like pokemon, and a sponge water type
>>
>>25586956
sorry, "dog" was just the closest thing i could think of. But the bulbasaur, chikorita and turtwig lines are all basically the exact same thing.
>>
>>25586988
pls be b8
>>
>>25586988
At least call them dinosaurs
>>
File: type triangles.png (511 KB, 1024x1718) Image search: [Google]
type triangles.png
511 KB, 1024x1718
>>25585927
Don't really care about designs, I'm more interested in the typing. I wonder if they'll try and go for a secondary triangle like they did with Gen 6.

Some of these are inaccurate but what secondary type triangle, if any, would you like to see?
>>
>>25587030
You seriously disagree? Bulbasaur, chikorita and turtwig lines from a design standpoint are all just quadruped animals which grow plants on their back.

Atleast the squirtle, totadile, piplup and froakie lines are all wildly different base animals, and the fire starters basically set the bar for being uniquely different every single gen.
>>
>>25587066
Except for the fact that there were three fire fighting starters and all in a row and all pretty shit.
>>
File: tight lipped glare.jpg (238 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
tight lipped glare.jpg
238 KB, 960x960
>>25587066
>Bulbasaur, chikorita and turtwig lines from a design standpoint are all just quadruped animals which grow plants on their back

This is a joke, right?

What is growing on Chikorita's back, for any of its evolutions?

Not to mention Bulbasaur and Turtwig are worlds apart in terms of design, you're just simplifying them to a severe degree in order to be able to sum them up in a single sentence.
>>
>>25587101
I'm just talking about creativity from a design perspective. I'm a grass starter loyalist so I guess that's why it bugs me.
>>
>>25587047
Grass/Flying
Water/Ice
Fire/Fighting
>>
>>25587066
>they're quadrupeds so they're practically the same thing
You're pretty stupid m8.
>>
>>25587201
Dude... You're calling a frog and a turtle the same thing... And you're calling him the idiot?
>>
>>25587249
Oh wait... I'm the idiot.
>>
I want there to be only one starter but it has branching evolution lines like Eevee/Snorunt/Gardevoir
>>
>>25587290
Maybe if all three had branching lines, but unfortunately that would never happen. ):
>>
>>25585968
>fire/rock

Please no.
>>
File: images (15).jpg (31 KB, 462x319) Image search: [Google]
images (15).jpg
31 KB, 462x319
>>25586101
Pic related is an echidna, which looks fairly different to cindaquil, cindaquil most resembles a shrew or other small rodent, also

>Cyndaquil, the Fire Mouse Pokémon. Normally mild and even tempered, Cyndaquil will shoot a scorching flame out of its back when upset.
>>
>>25587047
I'd love for the secondary types of the starters to be a triangle too

Only trouble is that their secondary types have to be either all neutral to all their primary types

So grass/fire/water plus either fairy/steel/fighting or dark/fighting/psychic

I guess you could do also ghost/ghost/ghost or dragon/dragon/dragon

But then we're getting into the triangles going in the opposite direction too, and although I'd be up for that, idk if new players could wrap their heads around it.

And can we please not have any more fire fighting types, Jesus there's already three of them
>>
>>25586073
>Fire Mouse Pokemon

Who the hell even knows? Game Freak could very well just be incredibly loose as hell when it comes to Fennekin. If they're going to call a dang porcupine/echidna/shrew/whatever a 'fire mouse', then what do we know about their insanity?

I really don't care either way if it's true or not. I just want a Fire Rabbit and a Grass Fruit Bat.
>>
>>25585968
>sage
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.