[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GF get assistance/who would it be?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
So we all know that GF can be autistic in many areas when it comes to making Pokemon games.
If they had help from an outside dev, who would you like to see influence Pokemon for the better?
>>
>>25585008
No. Game Freak
the Video Game Developer should make Pokémon games by themselves.
>>
I disagree. I feel like they need to reboot the series or do something to make it fresh again, and that an outside source would be good for it.
>>
Zynga.
>>
I've said it for some time now that they need to make a studio here to develop the games to our standards. Most of the flaws can be directly connected to Japanese mentality: the sameyness, the childishness, and the obsessiveness. They cannot break this pattern, it is time for us to make the game we have always wanted. It doesn't even have to replace the series, but just run parallel to it. I guarantee they won't be able to keep the child audience forever, and they may already be lost.
>>
>>25585184

And what is, in your view, the game that we have always wanted?
>>
>>25585204
Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot you ARE children. Never mind, then.
>>
>>25585246

Well, you seem so sure that everybody is so displeased with the series. I mean, I've always known that it's not perfect, but I didn't realize that it was so far below my standards. So again, tell me what it is that I want.
>>
>>25585008
>/vp/
>>
My only complaint has always been that pokemon has no real plot. If I was fighting for a reason, that would be different, but it is not the case. I am only fighting for ego, and I cannot support that.
>>
Mojang :)
>>
>>25585343
What happened to PokeDudes 1 through 14?
>>
I'd like to see them add a console version with each gen that has a more mature tone than the hand helds. Maybe a believable story where you aren't a 10 year old who loves everyone and somehow saves the world. I'd like to see the protagonist maybe be around 20 and hasn't touched pokemon for years until the start of the game obviously.
A lot of their fan base has grown with the games, it'd be cool to have a slightly more mature tone in a game. Not too much to lose the kids either though.
Of course I know none of this will happen, but it's cool to think about.
>>
What would you guys think if they changed the battle system to be more real time instead of turn based? I think if done right, it could be a huge evolution for the series.
>>
>>25585435
Ehh, save that for the side games. I've always enjoyed turn-based RPGs more than real-time.
>>
>>25585435
If they improved the system from pokepark, it's feasible, but we're talking a massive AI overhaul that makes it next to impossible to not get hit.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.