[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zinnia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: pokemon-zinnia.png (96 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-zinnia.png
96 KB, 500x322
Who else thinks Zinnia has the best theme to compliment a character in all the games?

https://youtu.be/_jQWyBu3THQ
>>
>>25584445
She definitely has one of the best themes in the entire series, second being the Red/Lance theme.
>>
>>25584445
How old was Zinnia?
>>
>>25584463
Early 20s
>>
>>25584463
Old enough to be the hottest pokemon character ever!
>>
Post lewds.
>>
>>25584445
Is personifying a whismur as your dead child a healthy way of coping with loss?
>>
>>25584525
probably not
>>
>>25584525
I do that and I'm fine.
>>
>>25584591
yeah, but your kid is dead lol
>>
>>25584445

But that's not Colress.
>>
>>25584739
Colress had a shitty theme. Zinnia, Lance, Blue and Diantha's battle theme. All the best.
>>
>>25584525
Was Aster her child or a lost sibling? It wasn't really brought up well.
>>
Shes a fkn weeaboo. Her character and her music trail the fartest from the original pokemon formula, than any other character or music before it.
>>
I want to bully Zinnia!
>>
>>25584445
People on /vp/ like to shit on GSC Red, but his theme was the hypest ever. Up there with Zinnia.
>>
>>25584445
It's a pretty good theme. Unfortunately, it was ruined by negative reinforcement. Every time I listen to it, I can only think "Not her again!". I wish there was an option to just walk out of the room whenever she started talking.
>>
>>25585328
I assumed kid because the poke-Aster kept calling her mom
>>
I finished Delta Episode last night.

She's a shitty Mary Sue, I only liked the space flight scene and Deoxys fight.
>>
File: Zinnia not pleased.jpg (117 KB, 640x458) Image search: [Google]
Zinnia not pleased.jpg
117 KB, 640x458
>>25584445
This is such a sorrowful theme, it sobers me up.
>>
>>25585810
In what way is she a mary sue?
>>
>>25585838
I just didn't like her.
>>
>>25585838
All of them? Her appearance, the fact that she's a member of some ancient tribe, she's the only one who knows the TRUE way to save the world, she was the real mastermind behind team Aqua/Magma, she suddenly shows up and starts beating everyone except the protagonist, she immediately forms a strong bond with the protagonist, she never has to answer for any of the crimes she committed, etc. Come on, man. Delta Episode feels 100% like a fanfic someone made about Pokemon RS.
>>
>>25585838

Not that anon but...

She comes up out of nowhere, all badass and mysterious, and as secretly the driving force behind the evil teams being able to do what they did, she's the Chosen One, she flies in and steals a bunch of Mega Stones without any comeuppance, insults Steven for no reason, says that what all the brilliant scientists and two Champions are doing is wrong, but then leaves without explaining why

I'm not even finished yet, and every second of the Delta Episode has been ruined by how shit Zinnia is.
>>
>>25585889
>>25585900
I gave her some slack until I realized she wasn't supposed to be 10
>>
i was not phased when i found out that she must have some crazy past cause she still just acts like an idiot
dumb character cool song
>>
>>25584445
I think it sounds far too like animu for my tastes. Same with fucking Diantha. But I also hate all things weeb except Pokemon.
>>
>>25585889
She get's cucked by the main character when it comes to being the big hero. This in and of itself makes her not a mary sue. She was not adequate enough and had to rely on the MC.
>>
>>25585900
It honestly could've been done so much better if they incorporated her and her tribe into the main story. Drop hints and foreshadowing here and there. Proof she knows what she's talking about instead of making it look like she's pulling it out of her ass. And not have her plan blow up on her face at the very last moment for absolutely no reason.
>>
>>25585939
i hate weeb shit so much, and sometimes pokemon/vp really tests my patience
yet im still here
>>
>>25585810
Literally every character in Pokemon is in some way a Mary Sue, which pretty much makes no one a Mary Sue except you the player.
>>
>>25585964
No, she just happened to be a Mary Sue trying to do something that was a main character's job.
>>
>>25585964
No, because the MC just happened to have that meteorite piece by chance. Zinnia was still the chosen one and the only one who could summon Rayquaza and save the world with her amazing mysterious super secret ancient tribe powers and she still spent the entire Delta Episode just dropping in and making the story all about her. Hell, even when you're going through the Aqua/Magma base, a bunch of the grunts talk about her after you beat them. She's a Mary Sue by all accounts.
>>
>>25586006
This isnt true and you know it. Bianca readjusted her goals after realising she wasnt passionate, Barry never got strong enough to get into the Gym Fight Club, Calem practically got depressed he missed out on Mega Evolution then still couldnt beat you after getting it.

Plus, if everyone was a Mary Sue and she stood out, then she must be the absolute worst
>>
Is it really all that wrong to send a meteorite to blow up gen 3 hoenn?
>>
File: sylveon77.png (517 KB, 1110x1054) Image search: [Google]
sylveon77.png
517 KB, 1110x1054
>>25584445
http://pastebin.com/6iXDxAcf
>>
>>25585346
That's what makes her different. She is the last of the Draconids, an ancient group. It's only fitting that someone who looks as ratty as her has a theme to fit the ancient styles of the Draconids. That's why her music is different.
>>
>>25584445
Just finished Delta Episode. I was enjoying Zinnia, even tho her whole backstory was an asspull. She was the most entertaining character in that boring fest, and then that Whismur-child thing came and I was pretty surprised that they put that in a Pokemon game.

Her theme was great, that soundtrack was the best thing for the Delta Episode.

Also I kept accidentally killing Deoxys with megafug, didn't know that I could catch it later.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.